*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Thorne has 62 yards passing so the good news is he’s right on track for his season average. 

How in the world did Hugh get 2 5 star WRs? Thorne hasn’t thrown for more than a few feet this season . 

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Missing 3 starters in the secondary is killing us…..nothing has changed from any other game on offense this year and it’s glaring….add on terrible play calling and lazy tackling and we’re fortunate it’s not worse atm

Na, that should be negated by them missing Tualia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maryland has about 15 players out including several starters … poor coaching “effort” by the AU staff

been saying it all year & have gotten roasted but Thorne is not an SEC level QB … the O line isn’t very good but PT is not the answer

hoping that the recruiting will help going coward but I see a lot of holes with preparation & game planning 

• Like 4

Just now, shabby said:

Other than Fairweather who he is gonna throw to?

Give him Randy Moss. How many passing yards you think he has then?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Thorne has 62 yards passing so the good news is he’s right on track for his season average. 

The bad news is the defense didn't get off the bus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Boy that lane Kiffin coached is ass off today. Must’ve kept receipts about last year. 

The fact Hugh got the wr he got with this passing game and QB. He's the best recruiter the last 20-25 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Give us Shedeur  Sanders, how many passing yards do you think we have? 

Edited by DAG

Just now, DAG said:

Give us Shadeur Sanders, how many passing yards do you think we have? 

Less…

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Give us Shadeur Sanders, how many passing yards do you think we have? 

Nah, just playing, way more. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

How in the world did Hugh get 2 5 star WRs? Thorne hasn’t thrown for more than a few feet this season . 

The real question is that if Thorne does not improve, how many will still be in the roster in 2026?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This shows how far down the ladder our talent pool is. Backups aren’t even close to our starters. Unfortunately we are a one deep team. And some of our starters wouldn’t be on the two deep chart at other schools. Our teams plug and play, not us

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The fact Hugh got the wr he got with this passing game and QB. He's the best recruiter the last 20-25 years

Good salesman that is for sure .

1 minute ago, shabby said:

More

Not if he throw the same fade he threw earlier.... I'm just saying it's not like he's throwing good balls. We are mad at the wrs for not making acrobatic catches usually. Deep balls....I missed a bunch of games so that could be on me, but I haven't seen a good deep throw yet

Just now, tigerrules said:

The real question is that if Thorne does not improve, how many will still be in the roster in 2026?

The minute AU got those guys I thought there is no way Thorne will keep them happy .

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It would definitely be more. Moss would go get a ball…

But there has to be better passes from PT. He has to see the field better on the scrambles. 
Or, we just put every TE we have in the game and throw to them. It won’t be sexy, but it might just work.

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

The minute AU got those guys I thought there is no way Thorne will keep them happy .

Thats my worry. I hope we dropped the bag for RW

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Hugh apparently has faith in Thorne. There’s intangibles you can spot in a good Qb, even when they’re not surrounded by the best players, and I just don’t see them. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Something is just off. We should be able to complete a pass to the WR. Everything is a struggle with our offense.  

It doesn’t help that JJ and Burton were the only WR on the team that should be playing in D1. But Thorne isn’t confident enough either. He’s way too gun shy for a player his with his age and experience.

• Sad 1