Trump argues he can murder political opponents with immunity

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Oh, right....I hope Trump is a sociopath. Absolutely, I want a human being, particularly someone with so much influence, to be completely devoid of concern for anyone else. 

What a brilliant thing to say.

No, I_M, it's just my opinion based on his behavior and the way he's lived his life. Can you divorce yourself of your disdain for anything Democrat for one second and honestly say the man shows any concern for anyone else? 

The point being you have no creditials to call anyone a sociopath.

Yes, he does show concern for people, you only show distain for Trump and refuse to see it. I do hate what the Democrat party has become.  The Dems can’t think for themselves, they only have one voice.

It used to be *think not what you country can do for you, but what you can do for you country*; now it think what your country owes you and riot until you get it.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, he does show concern for people, you only show distain for Trump and refuse to see it. I do hate what the Democrat party has become.  The Dems can’t think for themselves, they only have one voice.

It used to be *think not what you country can do for you, but what you can do for you country*; now it think what your country owes you and riot until you get it.

Quit going off on your anti-Dem screeds and look at what is in front of you. 

First of all, I never said I had "credentials" to diagnose the man, but I know the rough definition and traits. At best he appears to be a narcissist, but I question whether a narcissist would be comfortable with doing or saying some of the things he does. And it's not just me....do an internet search for "Is Donald Trump a sociopath?" and see what you come up with. There's no way to know for sure unless he submits to a mental health exam, but we all know he wouldn't do that.

Please give some examples of Donald Trump's concern for others.

12 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Please give some examples of Donald Trump's concern for others.

Our roaring economy has, for the first time ever, given many former prisoners the ability to get a great job and a fresh start. This second chance at life is made possible because we passed landmark criminal justice reform into law.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-championed-reforms-providing-hope-forgotten-americans/

THE ABRAHAM ACCORDS, EXPLAINED

On September 15, 2020, leaders across the Middle East signed the Abraham Accords. This landmark agreement normalized diplomatic relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, then later a renewal in ties with Morocco. The Abraham Accords are a game changer in the Middle East, providing new opportunities for direct flights, people-to-people exchanges, business partnerships, and government agreements that have all led to investment and growth in the area.

https://www.ajc.org/abrahamaccordsexplained

On Thanksgiving eve, President Donald Trump slipped unnoticed out of his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on his way to a bare-bones military plane with just a handful of top aides. 

His departure was concealed even from White House staff and military personnel who were at Mar-a-Lago to set up a video conference call with troops for Thursday afternoon – and who were allowed to proceed to avoid raising any suspicion that Trump was anywhere but at the resort, according to a person familiar with the plans.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/28/politics/inside-trumps-secret-thanksgiving-trip/index.html

I could go on, but I don’t want to bore you.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s subject to believe what sycophants tell him he can get away with. You suggest someone who knows where the line in and brilliantly toes it. 

No. In most mafia organizations the 3rd in command is a lawyer. He’s the smart one. They guide where the line is (and usually are the sacrificial lamb when theres indictments). Everyone else is a well dressed thug. 

Trump isn’t smart in a traditional way. In fact he’s an idiot. But he is “street smart”.

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Respectfully, I think you know he’s a moral mess. But you like his policies and have decided it’s a fair trade.  Maybe I’m wrong.

The ends  justifies the means prioritization  (Machiavelli). Btw your quote is from a democrat 

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No. In most mafia organizations the 3rd in command is a lawyer. He’s the smart one. They guide where the line is (and usually are the sacrificial lamb when theres indictments). Everyone else is a well dressed thug. 

Trump isn’t smart in a traditional way. In fact he’s an idiot. But he is “street smart”.

The logical extension of your arguments on this is that Trump hasn’t violated any laws. Tell me, which of Trump’s attorneys is “the smart one”?

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, I think you know he’s a moral mess. But you like his policies and have decided it’s a fair trade.  Maybe I’m wrong.

The ends  justifies the means prioritization  (Machiavelli). Btw your quote is from a democrat 

Yes, he is a moral mess, but I do like his polices.

I know; the quote is from a time when Democrats were slightly different than Republicans and it was a toss up as to who to vote for.  No so today, the new quote about rioting until you get what you want from government is the New Democrat Party line.  See the insurrection on 1-13-24 in favor of Yemen.  The evacuated parts of the WH staff.

Is your stance any different when it comes to the end justifies the means?

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, he is a moral mess, but I do like his polices.

I know; the quote is from a time when Democrats were slightly different than Republicans and it was a toss up as to who to vote for.  No so today, the new quote about rioting until you get what you want from government is the New Democrat Party line.  See the insurrection on 1-13-24 in favor of Yemen.  The evacuated parts of the WH staff.

Is your stance any different when it comes to the end justifies the means?

I think everyone has their own prioritization math. Personally I find Trump uniquely destructive and would prefer Biden and a Republican Congress (unless another option opens up) until 2028. 

Any no, I think the means (method, compromise) matters in any democracy.  Those that don’t are well know in history.

https://www.ipl.org/essay/Joseph-Stalin-The-End-Justifies-The-Means-PKZMQX74SJFR

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

The logical extension of your arguments on this is that Trump hasn’t violated any laws. Tell me, which of Trump’s attorneys is “the smart one”?

No. I said there’d be sacrificial lambs. In trumps case, lots of them. 

Trump was in NY commercial real estate for 40 years. It’s why he was a democrat - buying off politicians of the local party in power.   It’s a deeply corrupt industry (zoning, tax relief, kick backs, ect) in that region and if nothing else - taught him how to work the he system, how to leverage attorneys to get away with god knows what, and when to sacrifice them when he got caught.

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No. I said there’d be sacrificial lambs. In trumps case, lots of them. 

Trump was in NY commercial real estate for 40 years. It’s why he was a democrat - buying off politicians of the local party in power.   It’s a deeply corrupt industry (zoning, tax relief, kick backs, ect) in that region and if nothing else - taught him how to work the he system, how to leverage attorneys to get away with god knows what, and when to sacrifice them when he got caught.

This goes much deeper than that. He doesn’t cite dictators as mentors just to troll. And you understandably ignored my question about which attorney is the smart one in your analogy.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This goes much deeper than that. He doesn’t cite dictators as mentors just to troll. And you understandably ignored my question about which attorney is the smart one in your analogy.

I should have said smarter. It’s relative.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I should have said smarter. It’s relative.

Then who’s his “smarter” attorney steering him from legal harm?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Then who’s his “smarter” attorney steering him from legal harm?

He’s not in jail (we’ll see if ever). And has dominated the news cycle from it  - moving up rapidly in the polls with all the free “persecution pub”. Desantis lead in the gop polls 14 months ago.

Again,  think he’s an idiot. But he’s street wise and understands his base and politics.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He’s not in jail (we’ll see if ever). And has dominated the news cycle from it  - moving up rapidly in the polls with all the free “persecution pub”. Desantis lead in the gop polls 14 months ago.

Again,  think he’s an idiot. But he’s street wise and understands his base and politics.

Still offering no person who fits your analogy.

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Still offering no person who fits your analogy.

? If you’re talking about attorneys - again trump uses lawyers differently than most “bosses”. No family loyalty - pure volume cannon fodder.

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

? If you’re talking about attorneys - again trump uses lawyers differently than most “bosses”. No family loyalty - pure volume cannon fodder.

My point- the initial analogy doesn’t hold. A “successful” mafia boss knows he needs to find a strong attorney and listen to him— not replace him every time he doesn’t green light bad decisions. Trump has a dictator’s populists skills. Wallace had them, but actually with more principles, as pathetic as he was. Trump inherited a growing economy and merely continued the trajectory. Lucky guy. Uninformed folks think it was his wise governance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My point- the initial analogy doesn’t hold. A “successful” mafia boss knows he needs to find a strong attorney and listen to him— not replace him every time he doesn’t green light bad decisions. Trump has a dictator’s populists skills. Wallace had them, but actually with more principles, as pathetic as he was. Trump inherited a growing economy and merely continued the trajectory. Lucky guy. Uninformed folks think it was his wise governance.

Texas I’m not supporting Trump. Fine, your comparison is more accurate.

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree that in reality trump couldn’t have someone John Wick’d.  And that there is Trump hysteria sometimes.  The problem is he says these things. All the time.   Ie A friend of says he slept with another friends wife.  Repeats it though he can see it upsets his friend. Then says he was  “just kidding”. “Relax”.  “Over reacting”. The problem is 1) he has absolutely no ability to see the creepy problem with the joke 2) what’s he really thinking about his wife?

How trump gets the majority of evangelical support hurts my head. It’s a bad look.

I know you don’t support him. My initial response was to the suggestion he’s just trolling with jokes he doesn’t mean. That downplays the threat and culpability. And I was actually someone who initially thought he wouldn’t be toooo bad.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I know you don’t support him. My initial response was to the suggestion he’s just trolling with jokes he doesn’t mean. That downplays the threat and culpability. And I was actually someone who initially thought he wouldn’t be toooo bad.

Borrowing from another thread - the bigger problem isn’t trump, he’s 4 years and out.  The bigger problem is the many people that may vote for him. And they’re not all maga. IMO Dems need to do some soul searching. Quickly.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Borrowing from another thread - the bigger problem isn’t trump, he’s 4 years and out.  The bigger problem is the many people that may vote for him. And they’re not all maga. IMO Dems need to do some soul searching. Quickly.

Those are two problems big enough in themselves to worry about.

Trump will do a helluva lot of damage in 4 more years, and not just in this country. Diminishing his threat is not helpful and warrants pointing out. 

There’s also a reason independents outnumber both parties, although that hardly makes both parties “the same” or an equal threat. Democrats need less influence by ivy “elites” and a much great understanding of middle America than they’ve shown since Obama. I’m frustrated as hell with them.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

And they’re not all maga.

Absolutely, but they are labeled MAGA. Trump will get a lot of the FU vote. “ I like his policies”.

Personally, I'm thinking, if the courts rule in Trumps favor on this issue (which I doubt) ...

Biden has Trump assassinated and then resigns. He cannot be prosecuted according to Trump's lawyers, because he would not be impeached and convicted, since he was no longer president.

Then the 2024 presidential race is wide open. Yes, even Biden coukd run because he had not been convicted of a crime even after having Trump assassinated.

Ahem! The Trump world. Sigh.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 12:27 PM, TexasTiger said:

That’s not at all the point.

But after Trump was elected folks were saying the Republicans in Congress would keep him in check. Now, he owns them and most of the party are absolute sycophants who’ll deny him nothing. 

But let’s play out your scenario. Trump gives the order. It’s not carried out because the seal team won’t do it. Has Trump committed a crime by ordering it?

Giving an illegal order will remove him from the command order.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:39 PM, auburnatl1 said:

I agree that in reality trump couldn’t have someone John Wick’d.  And that there is Trump hysteria sometimes.  The problem is he says these things. All the time.   Ie A friend of says he slept with another friends wife.  Repeats it though he can see it upsets his friend. Then says he was  “just kidding”. “Relax”.  “Over reacting”. The problem is 1) he has absolutely no ability to see the creepy problem with the joke 2) what’s he really thinking about his wife?

How trump gets the majority of evangelical support hurts my head. It’s a bad look.

It is a bad look—100%.

It is just as bad a look when people come here, or anywhere for that matter, and spout pure hyperbole as gospel. No one with two working brain cells thinks that trump is going to order a hit on anyone. No one who is a serious human can think that that is going to happen or would be allowed to happen. You have to deny 200+ years of military history. 

trump cannot give an order like Hitler could. He just simply cant do that.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:48 PM, Leftfield said:

I simply don't understand what you're not seeing here. Again, nobody is saying he will do it. Nobody is even saying it would be easy or likely to happen even if he did decide to do it. The point is, if someone found a way to do it, whether it be Trump or anyone else down the line, their argument is that that person could not be prosecuted for it unless they were impeached first. The point of the hypothetical was to establish that what Trump's lawyer was arguing was an absolute, and could entail any horrible crimes a person could think of, regardless of how realistic it would be to carry them out. Honestly, before January 6, how realistic would you have thought it would be for Trump to convince enough people to go along with his schemes to steal the election?

All of what you said, in regards to facts in the court room, mean nothing if Trump and his lawyer successfully argue that he had immunity, because the Senate acquitted him. He would walk away from everything he did. Is that what you think should happen?

And again, ad nauseum, your point is crap. It is never gonna happen. You want to gnat strain on hypotheticals. 

This is just a bull s*** point on a thread too weak for server space. It is not going to happen. PERIOD. Everyone on here KNOWS that. 

Why are we wasting time on this BS?