Trump argues he can murder political opponents with immunity

On 1/14/2024 at 1:08 PM, AU9377 said:

People can be convinced of the justification for a lot of actions that seem incomprehensible to the average person.  Congress already allowed the man to get away with abusing his office to the scale never seen before.  Nixon's actions weren't anywhere near as serious as Trump's when it comes to abusing the powers of his office.

And now most of America knows what he has done and can do. No one  is going to let him get away with this. No one. You know that as well as I do. It is just a crap talking point. It would be an illegal order that NO ONE is going to execute. If you think it is, you have 200+ years telling the exact opposite. You people have let this a**hole live rent free in your head to the point where you have lost your minds. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And now most of America knows what he has done and can do. No one  is going to let him get away with this. No one. You know that as well as I do. It is just a crap talking point. It would be an illegal order that NO ONE is going to execute. If you think it is, you have 200+ years telling the exact opposite. You people have let this a**hole live rent free in your head to the point where you have lost your minds. 

I don't think anyone believes that he could, but that wasn't the question.   His legal team was arguing that, as President, he could do anything and be immune from prosecution.  That train of thinking goes against every principle that the United States government is based on.  That would make the President a King.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And again, ad nauseum, your point is crap. It is never gonna happen. You want to gnat strain on hypotheticals. 

This is just a bull s*** point on a thread too weak for server space. It is not going to happen. PERIOD. Everyone on here KNOWS that. 

Why are we wasting time on this BS?

Because folks, for some reason, haven’t given up on reasoning with you despite the hopelessness that awaits in your replies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

trump cannot give an order like Hitler could. He just simply cant do that.

Which Republicans in Congress stand up to him— not counting the 10 who did and got axed? On what planet does 2/3’s of the Senate hold him accountable? Bizzaroworld?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Because folks, for some reason, haven’t given up on reasoning with you despite the hopelessness that awaits in your replies.

I have now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Which Republicans in Congress stand up to him— not counting the 10 who did and got axed? On what planet does 2/3’s of the Senate hold him accountable? Bizzaroworld?

No one is standing up to him. No worries. Think he is backpedaling on the “retaliation” stuff.

https://time.com/6555431/trump-promised-retribution-voters-may-not-want-it/

.” But in the days leading up to the Iowa caucuses, the former President now says he might be a little too busy for vendettas. “We’re going to make this country so successful again,” he told a Fox News Town Hall in Des Moines. “I’m not going to have time for retribution.”

On the one hand, vengeance has been his most potent rallying cry. Trump’s criminal prosecutions have only galvanized the MAGA faithful and helped him become the far-and-away front runner for the Republican presidential nomination. With each indictment, he raised millions of dollars and steamed further ahead in the polls. On the other hand, his authoritarian pledge to punish political adversaries is what he needs to modulate if he is to attract moderate voters in swing states.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No one is standing up to him. No worries. Think he is backpedaling on the “retaliation” stuff.

.” But in the days leading up to the Iowa caucuses, the former President now says he might be a little too busy for vendettas. “We’re going to make this country so successful again,” he told a Fox News Town Hall in Des Moines. “I’m not going to have time for retribution.”

On the one hand, vengeance has been his most potent rallying cry. Trump’s criminal prosecutions have only galvanized the MAGA faithful and helped him become the far-and-away front runner for the Republican presidential nomination. With each indictment, he raised millions of dollars and steamed further ahead in the polls. On the other hand, his authoritarian pledge to punish political adversaries is what he needs to modulate if he is to attract moderate voters in swing states.

Whew! Glad he’s come to his senses!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Whew! Glad he’s come to his senses!

My 2 cents. Trump is winning with maga on cult but he’s rising with the rest of the electorate on policy. The bad man thing has gone nowhere and you can’t convert cult. The battle ground will be on policy and Biden must tighten this up.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

My 2 cents. Trump is winning with maga on cult but he’s rising with the rest of the electorate on policy. The bad man thing has gone nowhere and you can’t convert cult. The battle ground will be on policy and Biden must tighten this up.

Biden’s policies is exactly where he wants them.  If he does anything else the coalitions he caters to will abandon him.  They won’t vote for Trump, but they won’t vote for Biden either.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

You think the rest of the electorate wants insurrectionists pardoned and NATO abandoned? Abortion banned? 

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You think the rest of the electorate wants insurrectionists pardoned and NATO abandoned? Abortion banned? 

That’s all Biden can run on; fear mongering.  He has no policies of his own.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That’s all Biden can run on; fear mongering.  He has no policies of his own.

Fear mongering is all that works on you.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Personally I think Trump will lose to Biden once the rest of the country (who arent political junkies) start focusing on the election later this year.  Trump the person, abortion, and maga in general will turn off most suburban voters in the purple states. However, (again) the border and other progressive policies,  and his age are problems for Biden - and it’s going be closer than it should be. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Fear mongering is all that works on you.

The Dems like yourself can’t help but be afraid of Trump.  They are making plans to usurp his power if he gets in.  I guess you’re all for this?  They are trying to keep him off the ballot, why?  Because they fear him.  Oh, and he has NOT been charged with insurrection.

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Dems like yourself can’t help but be afraid of Trump.  They are making plans to usurp his power if he gets in.  I guess you’re all for this?  They are trying to keep him off the ballot, why?  Because they fear him.  Oh, and he has NOT been charged with insurrection.

Personally I see Trump as an unstable and compulsive personality.  Im not a dem but regardless of ideology - crazy overtones always makes me a little nervous. 

24 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Personally I see Trump as an unstable and compulsive personality.  Im not a dem but regardless of ideology - crazy overtones always makes me a little nervous. 

So you would rather have a subdued, demented Biden in control.  I think there would be more checks and balances with Trump than there has been with Biden.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you would rather have a subdued, demented Biden in control.  I think there would be more checks and balances with Trump than there has been with Biden.

I got it - but Biden’s worse.  It’s about how people and regions prioritize. Ultimately states like Alabama and NY wont matter. Wisconsin and Ga will. Rural will vote trump, urban Biden. Election will be decided in the suburbs of cities like Milwaukee and Atlanta.  They’ll make the call on crazy vs dementia and prioritizing the border  (helps trump) vs abortion (helps Biden). We’ll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Usurp power he doesn’t constitutionally have but authoritarian MAGA types like yourself support because y’all are more loyal to him than the Constitution?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Usurp power he doesn’t constitutionally have but authoritarian MAGA types like yourself support because y’all are more loyal to him than the Constitution?

Biden is the President that has workarounds for the Constitution, I think you have it backwards.

• Facepalm 1

On 1/17/2024 at 3:09 PM, AU9377 said:

I don't think anyone believes that he could, but that wasn't the question.   His legal team was arguing that, as President, he could do anything and be immune from prosecution.  That train of thinking goes against every principle that the United States government is based on.  That would make the President a King.

And how is that any different from the daily mental masturbation that goes on in almost every courtroom in America?

On 1/17/2024 at 4:41 PM, TexasTiger said:

I dont think he will make the campaign anymore. I am quite hopeful that he has finally shot his wad in the fraud case.

37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And how is that any different from the daily mental masturbation that goes on in almost every courtroom in America?

I cannot think of anyone that is immune from any prosecution whatsoever.  Can you?

Edited by AU9377

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Is this sarcasm?

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I cannot think of anyone that is immune from any prosecution whatsoever.  Can you?

Nope. Like I said, Mental Masturbation.

His lawyers are actually arguing that he shouldn't be impeached for Criminal Acts, that they should be handled by a criminal court. AND THEN arguing that as a President, he cant be held accountable in front of a Criminal Court. He must be tried by the Senate as the only way to hold him Accountable. 

BTW, Clinton was held accountable by a Civil Court. So, again, All this amounts to is trump's attorneys doing what they are paid to do and argue BS points in an effort to get him off. Same ole Masturbation that is done in every courtroom in America.