Trump argues he can murder political opponents with immunity

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Which is a ridiculous concept.  No President would think this and to project that on Trump is sick.  The judge asked a hypothetical that was out of the realm of possibility.  And of course the press ate it up.

*sigh* 

You love to belittle the intelligence of others, but apparently I'll have to hold your hand and guide you through this, like you accuse Jill of guiding Joe.

The entire point was to use the most extreme example of what a President could get away with. That would mean that, by the lawyer's argument, a President could literally do anything they wanted. The judge wasn't saying that's what Trump, or anyone else, would do, just that they could. So by Trump's lawyer's argument, for example, Joe Biden could take a bribe from the Ukrainian government and we couldn't do a damn thing about it if 34 Democratic Senators voted to not impeach him. Sound good to you?

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess in you narrowly thought of this question as *get Trump* you couldn’t see how it is relatable.

So you think civilians being killed in a war is the same as having an American citizen assassinated?  Makes about as much sense as your sentence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It doesn’t.  I didn’t say he is immune from anything, that is what this hearing is all about.  It was a hypothetical question brought up by the judge for this type of reaction.  You took the bait.

Hypotheticals are what clarify principles in the law. The lawyer doesn’t state the absurd logical consequences of his argument absent the question— he avoided it even then. Hypotheticals allow refinement of the legal limits of establishing a legal precedent. They’re an essential part of the process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So blame the judge for the argument that Trumps own legal team is making...?

What a ridiculous statement.  Trump gets to put on a defense, right????  It may be specious, but he is allowed.  You may not like it, but what would you have done, give up?  That isn’t Trump. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Hypotheticals are what clarify principles in the law. The lawyer doesn’t state the absurd logical consequences of his argument absent the question— he avoided it even then. Hypotheticals allow refinement of the legal limits of establishing a legal precedent. They’re an essential part of the process.

I love the implication that the judge brought this up simply to elicit a reaction from her "audience."

"Coming to ABC in March - The Florence Pan Show!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

What a ridiculous statement.  Trump gets to put on a defense, right????  It may be specious, but he is allowed.  You may not like it, but what would you have done, give up?  That isn’t Trump. 

“I’m above the law!”

We can’t critique that?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t disagree with this.  It is similar to what the judge did in the Hunter Biden case about his immunity clause.  That judge seemed to approach it in a more political correct way.

I’m just saying the judge came up with a somewhat contriversial hypothetical.  Non the less, Trump’s immunity case is doomed and he probably won’t be able to appeal to the SCOTUS until after the trail.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

“I’m above the law!”

We can’t critique that?

That wasn’t the ridiculousness of Coffee’s statement.  No one was blaming the judge as he suggests.

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That wasn’t the ridiculousness of Coffee’s statement.  No one was blaming the judge as he suggests.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was a hypothetical question brought up by the judge for this type of reaction.  You took the bait.

jVp.gif

23 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

They don’t care, even though he embodies all these qualities they’ve claimed to hate all their lives. It’s stuns me everyday that someone so over the top has such loyal sheep following him off a cliff.

The older I have become, the less it stuns me.

Reading some of the posters in this forum hasn't helped. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I wonder how many Republicans voted to acquit based on this same reasoning?

Thus avoiding their duty and constitutional oath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you think trump actually meant he would kill anyone, YAASF.

My god people. Even trump knows that he cant kill a pol. It was a bad joke done in very bad taste by the worst candidate that we have ever had.

But it was still a ******* joke. Do you folks think that all this extraneous masturbation is in any way good for America? You sound just as ******* silly as the Q-Anons.

Next thing you will talking about pizza parlors and trump hitmen taking out DC Elites. MY GAWD GROW UP!

Pull your head out of your ass.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Then show us the body.

The same folks telling trump WILL kill someone are the same people telling us that Epstein and his friends didn't do anything and that HB was paid $Ms by the Ukrainians and the Chinese to do hookers and crack...

image.png

David is evidently off his meds.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I'm having trouble following your logic here. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're saying that a former President's lawyer can argue, in court, that the President could use the military to kill someone and could not be prosecuted for it unless they're first impeached, and that's ok because it would never happen? And anyone against Trump who is pointing it out is ridiculous?

Unfair to require a thoughtful, logical response!!!  ;D

Edited by homersapien

Trump's team is arguing that he has absolute immunity.  Absolute doesn't mean immunity unless it's something really bad. Therefore, the question is illustrative and necessary to show the outcome of any judicial finding of absolute immunity. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Don't keep "taking the bait".  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I'm having trouble following your logic here. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're saying that a former President's lawyer can argue, in court, that the President could use the military to kill someone and could not be prosecuted for it unless they're first impeached, and that's ok because it would never happen? And anyone against Trump who is pointing it out is ridiculous?

So where are the bodies? Show the grownups the bodies or admit that this is just nuclear-grade bull s***.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

David is evidently off his meds.  :rolleyes:

No, I am just ppinting out how f'in clueless some on this board are. 

Show me a body or stfu. Where is a body?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So where are the bodies? Show the grownups the bodies or admit that this is just nuclear-grade bull s***.

What the hell are you talking about? Who has accused Trump of killing somebody?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

What the hell are you talking about? Who has accused Trump of killing somebody?

Exactly. Now you are getting it. It was just about a foregone conclusion that "trump = somebody gonna die."

With no evidence and nothing more than a bunch of hyperbolic bad joke-telling by America's Favorite Blowhard.

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

It was just about a foregone conclusion that "trump = somebody gonna die."

Only in your mind.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Exactly. Now you are getting it. It was just about a foregone conclusion that "trump = somebody gonna die."

With no evidence and nothing more than a bunch of hyperbolic bad joke-telling by America's Favorite Blowhard.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ixriawpm5b6yc5z9qtc

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Example of why Trump succeeds and we’re screwed as a country. His defenders (even those who claim not to like him) are easily duped, distracted and misled and too angry to focus on anything they don’t immediately track or comprehend. They just dig in their heels and get angrier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Example of why Trump succeeds and we’re screwed as a country. His defenders (even those who cl not to like him) are easily duped, distracted and misled and too angry to focus on anything they don’t immediately track or comprehend. They just dig in their heels and get angrier.

What's going on? DKW and I_M weren't even addressing what we were talking about. It's not just me, is it?

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2