A-day Game Date Set - Start of a New Era

toddc

Date set for Auburn's 2024 A-Day spring game

The second spring game of the Hugh Freeze era at Auburn is set

Nathan King4 mins

Spring practices for Year 2 of the Hugh Freeze era at Auburn are right around the corner.

The program announced Thursday that its 2024 A-Day spring game is set for April 6, which will conclude spring ball on the Plains.

The team's 2024 spring practice schedule hasn't been released, but last year, Auburn gave itself 40 days to complete the 15 spring practices, with a week of spring break included. Last year's spring practices began Feb. 27.

Auburn is coming off its third straight losing season, going 6-7 in Year 1 under Freeze, including three straight losses to begin the season. Fans will be eager to see some of the early enrollees from Auburn's No. 7-ranked recruiting class in this year's spring game, along with hopeful developments from the passing game.

Both of Auburn's coordinators are gone from last season, and the OC job has been filled by Ole Miss assistant Derrick Nix, who will also coach running backs. Freeze has yet to name a new defensive coordinator.

Auburn's 2024 season features five straight home games to begin the year and kicks off Aug. 31 against Alabama A&M.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, toddc said:

going 6-7 in Year 1 under Freeze, including three straight losses to begin the season.

huh.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f2deff11a02427cc2

• Haha 3

Every article I read has errors all over them. It’s really hard to believe but that’s journalism today.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

huh.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f2deff11a02427cc2

I did the same lmao

What a weird way to say, Auburn is gonna start the '24 season on a 3 game losing streak.

It's just hard to think this will be a meaningless ADay game. Thorne is hanging by a thread and the youngsters behind him will (should) use every opportunity to show their stuff. Many other starting positions in the balance too but IMHO this will be the most MEANINGFUL ADay game for QBs since Cam went to the NFL.

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

It's just hard to think this will be a meaningless ADay game. Thorne is hanging by a thread and the youngsters behind him will (should) use every opportunity to show their stuff. Many other starting positions in the balance too but IMHO this will be the most MEANINGFUL ADay game for QBs since Cam went to the NFL.

Near impossible to get many touches for 4 QB’s in an A-day game. Almost have to cut it to 2.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Near impossible to get many touches for 4 QB’s in an A-day game. Almost have to cut it to 2.

HC dictates much of the game length & format. Some of Dye's A Day games beforenwinning SEC titles gave meaningful looks at 4- 5 QBs including walkons.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

HC dictates much of the game length & format. Some of Dye's A Day games beforenwinning SEC titles gave meaningful looks at 4- 5 QBs including walkons.

Hadn’t thought of that. Great point.

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

What is new about this era?

Exactly. The first year of the NEW era looked relatively the same as the last year of the previous two in my opinion.  Hoping some of these highly rated recruits are actually coached up to their true potential and have a QB that can get the ball to them. 

• Like 1

Need a huge showing here . Need to pack the stadium. I believe I will bring my family . Try to enjoy the scrimmage. I still wish it was against another team for a half or so.

like a jamboree 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Uhhh, what?!?!?!

Have you ever seen P Thorne throw constantly out of a sack to wideouts ill prepared to make a play?

What about seeing J Hunter run into 4 defenders behind the LOS?

Didn't think so, better get your popcorn ready!

21 hours ago, alexava said:

And which one is this?

is it the same as wait till next year?

On 1/20/2024 at 5:24 AM, aucanucktiger said:

The game itself is always meaningless.  The other 14 days will be meaningful.  

The official New Era is wait until next year and all these recruits come in and will continue to be that way until/if they actually get developed for the random great season.  Also known as Auburn football how it has always been!