Men vs Vandy Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is Sharife's first ever time playing college basketball, against the best team in conference that year. Also led them to an ass kicking of a ranked Missouri, I believe just one game later. Isaac Okoro was also about 7 spots from a 5 star, and was also...a top 5 NBA draft pick. While being the best defender in the SEC and arguably the best wing defender in the country.

I'm not a blind Bruce defender, but this just isn't correct empirically 

They were great talents who never made Auburn a great team. That’s my point. They had shining moments, but they didn’t sustain it while at AU.  

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is Sharife's first ever time playing college basketball, against the best team in conference that year. Also led them to an ass kicking of a ranked Missouri, I believe just one game later. Isaac Okoro was also about 7 spots from a 5 star, and was also...a top 5 NBA draft pick. While being the best defender in the SEC and arguably the best wing defender in the country.

I'm not a blind Bruce defender, but this just isn't correct empirically 

That’s so weird watching that now and there’s no crowd.

2 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Watching Purdue highlights and they got a center that looks 9 ft tall

Purdue shooting 38 more freethrows than Norhtwestern is nuts too!

Edited by Tigerfinz

Going to The Swamp is going to be as scary as it ever has for Auburn 

AU by 50

• Haha 1

Auburn looks like they don’t really care anymore.

Bruce is worried, especially when he has to start making excuses to the fans for being disappointed. 
As bad as Vandy is Auburn might make them look good. Better get it together Tigers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The biggest positive is that Denver really looked more hungry to find his shots. That's a continuation of a good trend. Not much else to say lol 

He really needs to step up if Auburn is going to make any kind of run in the SEC or otherwise.

I just don’t get it. Auburn is playing 10 guys . They should be cleaning up every rebound. I thought the point of building a deep bench is so that each player can give max effort . U may not make every shot but u sure can secure a rebound 

• Love 1

Just now, e808 said:

I just don’t get it. Auburn is playing 10 guys . They should be cleaning up every rebound. I thought the point of building a deep bench is so that each player can give max effort . U may not make every shot but u sure can secure a rebound 

They’re tired.🥴

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

And, in a BP team fashion, a weak finish before the half.

While he sits on his hands

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

They were great talents who never made Auburn a great team. That’s my point. They had shining moments, but they didn’t sustain it while at AU.  

I understand, but is there one freshman that made an otherwise mediocre to bad team a great team? Jabari didn't do that - he had a better roster around him than freshman Heron, Cooper, and it was at least comparable to Okoro's. Sharife actually raised the performance of the roster around him more than any of the other 5 stars did in their first year - he was the only real source of offense and that team went from bad to good. 

Objectively speaking, Pearl just has more 5 star hits than misses, even if you just thought in their first year. There's not really another way to look at it. Cooper, Jabari, Wiley, Heron vs Traore. Aden is somewhere in between those two groups. Numerically, he's just had more hits. 

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

While he sits on his hands

Coaches change when they get big contract extensions 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He really needs to step up if Auburn is going to make any kind of run in the SEC or otherwise.

He's opening up at a good time - it remains to be seen if he can put this same type of production against the big dogs. But he did look for his own shot a bit more against Bama and Miss St. baby steps 

• Like 1

I understand, but is there one freshman that made an otherwise mediocre to bad team a great team? Jabari didn't do that - he had a better roster around him than freshman Heron, Cooper, and it was at least comparable to Okoro's. Sharife actually raised the performance of the roster around him more than any of the other 5 stars did in their first year - he was the only real source of offense and that team went from bad to good. 

Objectively speaking, Pearl just has more 5 star hits than misses, even if you just thought in their first year. There's not really another way to look at it. Cooper, Jabari, Wiley, Heron vs Traore. Aden is somewhere in between those two groups. Numerically, he's just had more hits. 

Maybe it’s my memory, but I don’t remember any of them setting the woods on fire with their play except Okoro and Smith. The rest are very Aden Hollowayish in my recollection.

The downfall of coaching basketball. One or two misses and u screwed. Football u have way more options to fix it. Well depending on the position 

Edited by e808