Men vs Vandy Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Maybe it’s my memory, but I don’t remember any of them setting the woods on fire with their play except Okoro and Smith. The rest are very Aden Hollowayish in my recollection.

Cooper was really good IMO. The team was night and day when he played. He missed so many games due to the allegations/investigation 

• Like 1

Definitely have to get Aden going. His confidence is hurting. Let’s pick it up this second half

Tre has gone full stupid. 3 over and back violations in 1/2 game.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Tre has gone full stupid.

It’s that sit back and wait attitude. We need to be a bit more aggressive with the ball. Denver may be waking up.

3 back court violations on Tre. Sometimes we get reminded we have a sophomore and freshman playing PG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

3 back court violations on Tre. Sometimes we get reminded we have a sophomore and freshman playing PG. 

3 is inexcusable at ANY level..

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

If Kentucky can go out there and beat Tenn, gives us a one game lead over the two of them. Auburn just needs to keep on winning at home no matter how it comes, and they're still in play for a ton of their goals 

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

In hindsight, I definitely wish we just dealt with some of his turnover tendencies last season and let him grow. But that's just with the hindsight that season ultimately led to nothing and that we were going to need him to be THE guy this year lol. 

• Like 1

We are  good team against a team that doesn’t have as aggressive defenders. 
The turds and MSU exposed our offense. They disrupted our shooting so much that even the wide open shots were rushed. I’m not exactly sure how to overcome that if our talent can’t compete.

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In hindsight, I definitely wish we just dealt with some of his turnover tendencies last season and let him grow. But that's just with the hindsight that season ultimately led to nothing and that we were going to need him to be THE guy this year lol. 

He’s a better creator compared to Aden but Tre is definitely more turnover prone. Credit to Vandy for spotting a weakness and keep going at it. Guard us tight as soon as we cross over the line and we try and dribble out of it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Definitely have to get Aden going. His confidence is hurting. Let’s pick it up this second half

PASS THE BALL.

Life will get a lot easier

That’s why Lior is in. He dominates….

against Vandy..

• Haha 1

I feel for Holloway. Has to be tough right now.  He is so very good.  He just needs experience on this level.  He will be fine.  Glad we should have him for multiple years. 

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

I feel for Holloway. Has to be tough right now.  He is so very good.  He just needs experience on this level.  He will be fine.  Glad we should have him for multiple years. 

I don’t feel for his unnecessary slinging it up when the ball needs to be moving around. Looks a little selfish at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I don’t feel for his unnecessary slinging it up when the ball needs to be moving around. Looks a little selfish at this point.

Blame it on the Bruce Quota System.

Just now, CCTAU said:

I get it, it's just hard when you are used to being so much better than you are playing. Shooters have to shoot their way out of slumps. 

• Like 1