Women vs Kentucky 6:00 CST

Women annihilating the Lady Wildcats at home at the half, 40-18. Will be curious to see how our focus is in the 3rd quarter. War Eagle!

• Like 1

Lol not much interest with the ladies action…anywayz, final 78-50. UK not a very talented team, but did play hard in the 3rd quarter (who doesn’t against the Lady Tigers?). Tigers won on a dominant 22-4 1st quarter. Middle two quarters were a draw, and Auburn put em away with a solid 4th quarter. Still seeking an illusive strong 3rd quarter, but nothing to complain about with this one. Needed to take care of business and they did. Apparently someone at ESPN who does women’s bracketology has AU as a “Last 4 In” team to the NCAAT, which would be a huge leap forward for the ladies.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Lol not much interest with the ladies action…anywayz, final 78-50. UK not a very talented team, but did play hard in the 3rd quarter (who doesn’t against the Lady Tigers?). Tigers won on a dominant 22-4 1st quarter. Middle two quarters were a draw, and Auburn put em away with a solid 4th quarter. Still seeking an illusive strong 3rd quarter, but nothing to complain about with this one. Needed to take care of business and they did. Apparently someone at ESPN who does women’s bracketology has AU as a “Last 4 In” team to the NCAAT, which would be a huge leap forward for the ladies.

I would think a couple more wins would get us in. 

Good game - I will say this team is just 90s-2000s as hell (maybe all women’s teams are). As a modern basketball appreciator, seeing how many blatantly open 3s well pass up for a long 2 or a post entry pass through 2 defenders…oh well. I give them props for not adjusting to not having shooters

Hopefully that’s coming in next season!!

• Like 2

They got like 60% of the middle bleacher and 20% of the others. Maybe 60-70% of the backed seats and 30-40% of the 2nd level seats. The floors slowly being raised.
There were many mid week, right after work games back when I attended that didn’t have enough students to do a real middle section at all lol. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

attendance is trending up - for home games (according to the stats on the AU webiste4 for WBB)

19-20 - 1843

20-21 - 618

21-22 - 2194

23-23 - 2212

23-24 (with home games remaining) - 4559

I'll give you that the game against Bama that include the jersey retirement for Dewanna is in those numbers but there is some excitement being generated this year.  The jungle (although not as big as for a men's game) added some spark last night!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Good game - I will say this team is just 90s-2000s as hell (maybe all women’s teams are). As a modern basketball appreciator, seeing how many blatantly open 3s well pass up for a long 2 or a post entry pass through 2 defenders…oh well. I give them props for not adjusting to not having shooters

Hopefully that’s coming in next season!!

Good or bad - not all teams are built for threes.  Sometimes it may be better to pass up a three (even with a good look) to get the higher percentage 2 and maybe draw the foul driving.  The refs were not consistent last night (and generally haven't been all season). It will be interesting to see how the game against Bama is called on Sunday!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Good or bad - not all teams are built for threes.  Sometimes it may be better to pass up a three (even with a good look) to get the higher percentage 2 and maybe draw the foul driving.  The refs were not consistent last night (and generally haven't been all season). It will be interesting to see how the game against Bama is called on Sunday!

Welcome to the board! i had not noticed you before. i am nobody on the board i just wanted to say hello.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Welcome to the board! i had not noticed you before. i am nobody on the board i just wanted to say hello.

Thanks - been here a while - just quite.  (keeps me out of trouble!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Thanks - been here a while - just quite.  (keeps me out of trouble!)

i stay in trouble  and you are very welcome!

39 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

Eh there was a lot of complaining about the refs at the game; people conveniently see every foul they missed for Kentucky and just ignored when Scott (for example) would just maul someone under the rim in the first quarter lol. Now, it sucks that the calls begin swinging in a different direction for stuff that wasn't called, but Auburn got away with a ton, as most home teams do. 

I'm not saying anyone should force threes, but from a modern basketball perspective (and a numbers one), an open three is one of the two best shots you can ever draw up. For this particular roster, and maybe in the women's game in general, I don't think they have the shooters to back that math up. That's why I added the qualifier at the back end giving them the props I did. South Carolina - who obv had a talent adv outside of just having shooters - closed the casket on Auburn once they brought in their tiny guards who just couldn't miss. Auburn had to sell out to the paint bc of Cardoso and co, and they got the looks they were hoping to get all day.

Coincidentally, the LSU win came about because they went 0-2 from 3 and we went I believe 5/11 (I know we made 5). That math can make up a talent disadvantage as well, which is why I hope we recruit more shooters in the future, as I doubt we ever have the raw talent to really compete at the top of the game. 

53 minutes ago, warladytigers said:

attendance is trending up - for home games (according to the stats on the AU webiste4 for WBB)

19-20 - 1843

20-21 - 618

21-22 - 2194

23-23 - 2212

23-24 (with home games remaining) - 4559

I'll give you that the game against Bama that include the jersey retirement for Dewanna is in those numbers but there is some excitement being generated this year.  The jungle (although not as big as for a men's game) added some spark last night!

The LSU game was more of an outlier than the Bama game, but the fact that there's like 3 noticeable outliers (Bama, LSU and South Carolina), when there'd only be maybe 1 in a season, that's pretty huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the LSU attendance battle (they were louder than we were for about 60-70% of the game so maybe that's why it felt like they had more), but we definitely had more attendees for the other two. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Women vs Kentucky 6:00 CST