Opening Day/Weekend vs E. Kentucky

I’m not a baseball guy.  Why did we pull crotchfelt at that point?  Hard pitch count?  Crotch looks pissed off so I’m gonna guess he wasn’t throwing the pitches the coach was calling?

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not a baseball guy.  Why did we pull crotchfelt at that point?  Hard pitch count?  Crotch looks pissed off so I’m gonna guess he wasn’t throwing the pitches the coach was calling?

He had only thrown just over 20 pitches, had to be something else.  I think we may see things done a little differently than straight by the book with Teaford involved in pitching decisions.

Looks like we have a team with a lot of upside.  We may end up with dangerous bats throughout the lineup and there is a lot to like with the pitching.

gonna be a fun year I think.  Unfortunately another year where as good as we can be we are middle of the pack in the sec to start 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:44 PM, mustache eagle said:

He threw 26 pitches.   Hard to believe that was a pitch count issue...Maybe he winced and the coaches were being careful.  My guess is it is something like your second guess...

• Like 1

Fun game today. Myers’s and Herb looking good. Love the way Myers worked. Can tell he has pitched a few games in the past.

Have a nasty aching self diagnosed head cold and watched all from the recliner. Really hurt not to go. Love Sunday afternoon at PP.

WDE!

• Like 3

Salty, snort some Luke warm to hot salt water up both nostrils and then blow.   Get that crappy stuff out of your sinuses.   Flonase is amazing stuff as well.   it has a little steroid ion it.   Take 3 Motrin pm and get a great nights sleep.   I'm not a doctor but my son is finishing his 2nd year at Vcom and I know where Holiday Express is located.     
you will be back in the lineup in no time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Fun game today. Myers’s and Herb looking good. Love the way Myers worked. Can tell he has pitched a few games in the past.

Have a nasty aching self diagnosed head cold and watched all from the recliner. Really hurt not to go. Love Sunday afternoon at PP.

WDE!

Hope you're feeling like your Salty self soon.  I'd be worthless if I lived anywhere near Hitchcock Field in the spring time.

Early season sweeps are no longer a given these days, this team looked focused this weekend.  I noticed top 5 Arkansas took it on the chin today.  Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tennessee and the Hogs all took a loss during the weekend.

• Like 1

Wonderful day at the ballpark. The toddler loved it as always.   

Great to see the bats stay alive this early. Too early to really tell but it’s an ideal way to start the season so far. Can’t wait to get back to a game. 

• Like 4

I dont really have anything but positive things to say about this weekend.  Our starting pitchers all seemed to find their groove by the 3rd inning through their last pitch.  Defense was solid for the most except for a midgame blip in the second 2 games.

another Ike Irish behind the plate question.  He frames the pitch, but as the pitcher is coming to the plate Ike drops his glove to the ground and then back up.  It bothered me watching so it’s got to bother the pitchers.

i went back and watched a couple highlight games … in 2021 larue did something slightly similar but not as pronounced.  Last year he didn’t do it at all in the one highlight I watched.  So I’m assuming that glove movement is not desirable?  Just an observation…

also looks like small ball/base running will be a piece of our O identity but we have some power as well.  Probably won’t break any records but we may have a lineup batting into the 300’s from 1-9.

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Hope you're feeling like your Salty self soon.  I'd be worthless if I lived anywhere near Hitchcock Field in the spring time.

Early season sweeps are no longer a given these days, this team looked focused this weekend.  I noticed top 5 Arkansas took it on the chin today.  Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tennessee and the Hogs all took a loss during the weekend.

Thanks, knock on wood feeling a lot better this morning. Always said enjoying baseball at Plainsman Park best thing going in this area. Fan friendly and a sport that is not costing house/home to attend.

Right about early season baseball. Hard get a read by the WL column sometimes. Know LSU has put some very good teams on the field that did everything but shine early on.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Salty, snort some Luke warm to hot salt water up both nostrils and then blow.   Get that crappy stuff out of your sinuses.   Flonase is amazing stuff as well.   it has a little steroid ion it.   Take 3 Motrin pm and get a great nights sleep.   I'm not a doctor but my son is finishing his 2nd year at Vcom and I know where Holiday Express is located.     
you will be back in the lineup in no time.

On the mend this morning. Wife was beginning worry. Said I watched 3 Auburn baseball games and 1 basketball game over the weekend…..never  requested or had a beer. Thanks LP