Opening Day/Weekend vs E. Kentucky

There are a lot of my boyhood heroes in that one.  Duke, Pee Wee, Campy, Gil and Jackie. The BROOKLYN Dodgers were my team but my favorite player was Stan the Man and he still is today. Thanks for posting this.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

can i get onto an auburn baseball game for less than fifty bucks?

The opening scene was to become Dodger Town in Vero Beach Fla.  I spent many an afternoon watching Spring ball there.  Great memories as you were really up close with the players.  Just before I left in ‘81 I finally realized the advantage of being up close, there were a few followers of the players that were spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The opening scene was to become Dodger Town in Vero Beach Fla.  I spent many an afternoon watching Spring ball there.  Great memories as you were really up close with the players.  Just before I left in ‘81 I finally realized the advantage of being up close, there were a few followers of the players that were spectacular.

I went to Dodger Town a few times back in the 70's even though I am a huge Yankee fan. Almost married a girl from Vero Beach......:timeout:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I went to Dodger Town a few times back in the 70's even though I am a huge Yankee fan. Almost married a girl from Vero Beach......:timeout:

I said they were spectacular and they were high maintenance.  I just couldn’t afford something like that.  If you married her, you probably couldn’t have givin Auburn that million $ donation that you did.  :poke:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I said they were spectacular and they were high maintenance.  I just couldn’t afford something like that.  If you married her, you probably couldn’t have givin Auburn that million $ donation that you did.  :poke:

Well her daddy owned 3 pharmacies and she/me drove her BMW all over the south. She was high maintenance somewhat but it all worked out for the both of us. She got married had twins :-X and four total kids. I was highly motivated to work my way up in the corp. world. 4 kids would not have worked for me. Hell I moved 13 times in 31 years of pharmaceutical career

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well her daddy owned 3 pharmacies and she/me drove her BMW all over the south. She was high maintenance somewhat but it all worked out for the both of us. She got married had twins :-X and four total kids. I was highly motivated to work my way up in the corp. world. 4 kids would not have worked for me. Hell I moved 13 times in 31 years of pharmaceutical career

if you have not read some of the mantle books you missed some epic stories golf. killing cows, crawling around a highrise on a ledge drunk and had to crawl all the way around because the ledge was too narrow to turn around or crawl backwards. i have a ton of his stuff as far as memorabilia goes. a great movie to watch is 61. i still watch that every year or so.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great story.  I’m glad everything worked out for both of you.  So you were in pharmaceuticals and did well, did you get a BMW?  I’ve had them for years and found them fun to drive.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Great story.  I’m glad everything worked out for both of you.  So you were in pharmaceuticals and did well, did you get a BMW?  I’ve had them for years and found them fun to drive.

Never did get BMW..... I'm a truck/SUV type guy her BMW was damn fun to drive. 

• Like 1

Looks like Allsup is picking up where he left off from last year. Retired the side in the 1st, gets  a 4 spot, then promptly served up 2 long balls. 

He’s the opening day starter?

Edited by Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Looks like Allsup is picking up where he left off from last year. Retired the side in the 1st, gets  a 4 spot, then promptly served up 2 long balls. 

He’s the opening day starter?

Groove a 95 mph fastball no good. See where it goes. We will be fine.

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Groove a 95 mph fastball no good. See where it goes. We will be fine.

Is he one of our top 3 starters this season or just a non-conference start?

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Is he one of our top 3 starters this season or just a non-conference start?

Had a great pre season. Things change. Butch historically has a very good staff by the time crunch time rolls around. Allsup is good. Not about to judge him on a few early season bad pitches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Four balks called on the EKU starter...I'm watching but not listening, are they calling that for not stopping between stretch and delivery?  It's looking like the second base ump wants to be the star tonight.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Four balks called on the EKU starter...I'm watching but not listening, are they calling that for not stopping between stretch and delivery?  It's looking like the second base ump wants to be the star tonight.

Wish I could help you but missed the why part. 

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great inning from Allsup

It's pretty obvious he doesn't miss a leg day workout, looks like he put on 20 pounds in his lower half.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ooooh, back to back errors on the infield by McMurray and Fabian.  Making Alsup work over time in the 5th.

Disappointing to see.