Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

15 minutes ago, lost said:

Few thoughts from last night.

knecht was impressive , out of his mind good! 
Between him, the inconsistent refs, frustration on AU part, and silly turn overs that game slipped away.

Guard play makes me 😭.  Over and over we are getting stuffed out on the top , wasted possessions. No ability to drive, finish or dish off, and no confidence to be a KNECHT and hit the 3 anymore. A certain guard can’t even pass the ball now because ( he is a head case) Trey!! 

It was a very winnable game. I felt it was the best chance to get over the hump, to win that big game on the road, wipe all doubts away in your mind YOU CAN!   But still they have yet to win a quad 1 big game.

Makes you wander how deeo they can go in the tournament 

If our guard play does not improve, whoever it may be, I believe we could be out or tourny very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They’ve also had multiple SEC title winning runs where they’ve been amongst the absolute best defenses in CBB and have produced stellar defenders (Herb Jones, Rylan Griffen, Charles Bediako). There’s not alot of objectivity about Alabama on this board tbh lol 

Yes we all know and are well aware of your love affair with Oates and airplane hangar basketball at this point… dude they are 99th in defense in Ken Pom this season and we’re 92 two years ago in it. Last year and herb jones senior year that Oates INHERITED him were the exception not the rule. 

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes we all know and are well aware of your love affair with Oates and airplane hangar basketball at this point… dude they are 99th in defense in Ken Pom this season and we’re 92 two years ago in it. Last year and herb jones senior year that Oates INHERITED him were the exception not the rule. 

We already went over this in the post you ignored lol. They were 3rd in D for KenPom in 2021 and were 3rd in 2023. I have no clue why you are attempting to ignore those years to push the agenda, I can find the stats 😂.  They’ve basically had an elite defense every other year and have had a great offense virtually every season under Oats, there’s not really another way around it 

I can be objective about other teams - at least as far as my limited bball IQ will allow.

id prefer to objectively talk about just the bad things about those bastards and leave any of the positive off our boards … objectively …

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We already went over this in the post you ignored lol. They were 3rd in D for KenPom in 2021 and were 3rd in 2023. I have no clue why you are attempting to ignore those years to push the agenda, I can find the stats 😂.  They’ve basically had an elite defense every other year and have had a great offense virtually every season under Oats, there’s not really another way around it 

And they were 114th in 2020 in defense on Ken Pom his first year there! Herb Jones was on that team too…  With virtually the same team that you are waving Pom poms about for a year later. Yah you’re right I AM the one ignoring the facts. Sounds like you are the one doing that. Imagine being a cheerleader for our biggest rival. Couldn’t be me….

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They’ve also had multiple SEC title winning runs where they’ve been amongst the absolute best defenses in CBB and have produced stellar defenders (Herb Jones, Rylan Griffen, Charles Bediako). There’s not alot of objectivity about Alabama on this board tbh lol 

Oh, they have a good program all right. Much more success historically than we have. Their fan base as a whole, in large part due to being overshadowed by football, just isn't as passionate about basketball as a lot of other places. And that will never change.

Edited by arktiger1975

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And they were 114th in 2020 in defense on Ken Pom his first year there! Herb Jones was on that team too…  With virtually the same team that you are waving Pom poms about for a year later. Yah you’re right I AM throne ignoring the facts. Sounds like you are the one doing that. Imagine being a cheerleader for our biggest rival. Couldn’t be me….

I don’t understand what was even said here lol. You’re arguing in emotion while I’m talking in just statistics and numbers. You know what it would mean if they were bad in 2020, elite in 2021, bad in 2022, elite in 2023, and bad in 2024?

Say it with me……you can even get it from my earlier post 

41 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Oh, they have a good program all right. Much more success historically than we have. Their fan base as a whole, in large part due to being overshadowed by football, just isn't as passionate about basketball as a lot of other places. And that will never change.

Right, but that’s every SEC fanbase except maybe Kentucky. At least out of the SEC schools that matter in at least one of the two major sports, if their general fanbase could pick being fully behind football or basketball, they’re gonna pick football. This is literally THE football region lol 

I’m not poking fun at you or anything here btw, like if the main point of your post was to say “Auburn has a better basketball fanbase than Alabama” without saying it, I don’t disagree. But we have a pretty similar makeup in ideology to them when it comes to sports, as many other SEC schools + Clemson + FSU and so forth do 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t understand what was even said here lol. You’re arguing in emotion while I’m talking in just statistics and numbers. You know what it would mean if they were bad in 2020, elite in 2021, bad in 2022, elite in 2023, and bad in 2024?

Say it with me……you can even get it from my earlier post 

I literally just gave you facts and statistics dude…  Take the L. Hold it. And take a knee on this one. You are done here.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I literally just gave you facts and statistics dude…  Take the L. Hold it. And take a knee on this one. You are done here.

If we were talking in facts, then this conversation would’ve never happened lol. Enjoy your day sir.

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If we were talking in facts, then this conversation would’ve never happened lol. Enjoy your day sir.

IMG_7196.gif

IMG_7195.gif

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Right, but that’s every SEC fanbase except maybe Kentucky. At least out of the SEC schools that matter in at least one of the two major sports, if their general fanbase could pick being fully behind football or basketball, they’re gonna pick football. This is literally THE football region lol 

I’m not poking fun at you or anything here btw, like if the main point of your post was to say “Auburn has a better basketball fanbase than Alabama” without saying it, I don’t disagree. But we have a pretty similar makeup in ideology to them when it comes to sports, as many other SEC schools + Clemson + FSU and so forth do 

They have, what, 16 claimed national titles in football? While we have a tradition rich program ourselves, the truth is, we are never going to match them as far as long term success on the gridiron. In stretches, we can be better. But not long term. I think most Auburn fans realize that our best chance to match, or hopefully even surpass them long term, is on the hardwood. Thus, the reason for our fan base being much better and more passionate for basketball.