Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Dude went prime MJ out there.  I'm not upset losing by 8 on the road to legit #4 team in country when a dude put up a 40 burger despite a strong effort to defend him.  We turned it over too much but that's what both these teams do.  I'm frustrated we didn't pull it off.  Would have been huge!! But this team answered every call tonight, just fell short. We showed up in a performance that builds confidence going into March. 

Agreed. If this Auburn team shows up on a neutral floor (minus the silly turnovers) in March, we go deep. 

• Like 2

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Lol, no. They aren't even in the same stratosphere and I like Jaylin... 

Maybe i don't watch enough college basketball, but it's been a long time since I've seen a guy that dominant. 

Just now, e808 said:

That Harlem globetrotter pass by CBM in traffic was a real killer. He should be running benches or stairs for that lol

As much as I was cussing CBM for that, and want him to quit doing that so bad, it hit Broome right in the hands lol.

• Like 1

As good as Auburn played they still need some contributions from the guard position. Its really what’s costing them deep tournament runs.

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Imo the officials were fine. Auburn got way more calls on the road than they usually do  from what I have seen .Just wished the CBM from Saturday would have showed up to help Broome

A key issue was Broome drawing fouls that never were never called.  He should have been shooting +1 at least 5 times and Aidoo would have been out 1/2 way through the 2nd.  I expected a physical game but when the players are taking shots, call the dang foul !!!

But man, we need more production from our PGs... If just one of them can give you 12-15 points a game that would take us to another level we need in March. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

How many points did our guards have tonight?  5?

I think so. Maybe 10 if u counting KD

1 minute ago, e808 said:

As good as Auburn played they still need some contributions from the guard position. Its really what’s costing them deep tournament runs.

How much did Tre play tonight? I only see one shot attempt.

And did Broome really end the game with no fouls? 

Point guards had 5 points. 

8 minutes ago, BizEagle said:

every little brush or tick gets called on AU. UT blasts an AU player and nothing.  Aidoo should have fouled out long before now and Dalton K should have had at least 4, probably fouled out also.

It was called fairly even, especially for being on the road.  We got whistled for 25 fouls to their 21.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tough loss. Knecht is legit. Great effort on the road, I bet we could take em at home 

Zeigler getting two 3s to end the first half and start the 2nd coupled with going zone with a knockdown shooter in there was a key difference tonight.

We are finding something at the right time though, we went toe to toe with a legit national title contender in their house and could have won. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Story of almost every year at this point. Unfortunate stuff. I thought Aden wasn’t much of much on defense, but he hustled. He gave you enough. KD gave you stellar defense and didn’t seem to play that much. Denver gave some good D and made a few. I would say they did enough to result in a W if you just had Tre Donaldson be a zero instead of a negative. 

Really if you got this exact same game for most guys, with marginal improvement from Jaylin, and not a horror show from Tre and Chad, you win against basically everyone except UConn and Purdue. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BizEagle said:

A key issue was Broome drawing fouls that never were never called.  He should have been shooting +1 at least 5 times and Aidoo would have been out 1/2 way through the 2nd.  I expected a physical game but when the players are taking shots, call the dang foul !!!

U on the road and they will never get a favorable whistle. Broome wasn’t shooting well from the line but Aidoo is out. Auburn let them off the hook by not going at Auburn. Auburn had every opportunity to win just didn’t take care of the ball.

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As much as I was cussing CBM for that, and want him to quit doing that so bad, it hit Broome right in the hands lol.

Right in the hands. I don’t think Broome expected it at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

How much did Tre play tonight? I only see one shot attempt.

And did Broome really end the game with no fouls? 

Point guards had 5 points. 

Weird play from the guard position. If Aden wasn’t in foul trouble u probably get more from him.  He had 5. Tre didn’t do anything. KD had about 7 points I believe 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Weird play from the guard position. If Aden wasn’t in foul trouble u probably get more from him.  He had 5. Tre didn’t do anything. KD had about 7 points I believe 

KD actually had 10 points. 

But we’ve got to have more production from the PGs. 
Did somebody break Tre? The last two games he has been just not very motivated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Good question about Tre. The last two games looks like he is going through the motions 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Knexht knocked it out of bounds. Officials gave ball to UT

Surprised didn’t see the big lineup at all tonight. Aidoo was eating the first half. Guess  it was really needed in the second half. It was all Knecht 

56 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It was tipped by somebody on defense then hit Broome. But you are right I’m tired of the behind the back stuff. 

Edited by jj3jordan

58 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yeah, I'm afraid that will be the case again and we will go out in the second round. If this team, had an all star guard we would be elite eight for sure. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Tough loss. Knecht is legit. Great effort on the road, I bet we could take em at home 

Zeigler getting two 3s to end the first half and start the 2nd coupled with going zone with a knockdown shooter in there was a key difference tonight.

We are finding something at the right time though, we went toe to toe with a legit national title contender in their house and could have won. 

We need a player like Zeigler on our team. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

They might be defending him.