Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

These are two good teams playing a very entertaining game tonight. Nothing for us to be ashamed of, good showing all in all. 

I endorse this post. Knect (I don’t know his name) went absolutely nuts. Just fantastic. Broome played his ass off and made some fantastic passes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I'd rather Tennessee win the conference that Bama. Hope Ole Miss puts them down tonight!

Pulling for Ole Miss now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't expect to shut him down.  You can't.  We needed to keep him around 25 or under to win.

He scored 39.  Lord have mercy.

It is what it is.

Edited by Maverick.AU

It’s crazy. Broome misses two free throws and a lapse on defense allowed him to get hot. Then it was a wrap

We did enough to win this one. Yeah Kinecht is good but the refs bailed TN out several times. And we let their bigs get too many points and FTs in the beginning of the game. FTs were the difference in this one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't expect to shut him down.  You can't.  We needed to keep him around 25 or under to win.

He scored 39.  Lord have mercy.

Yeah I expected him to get his average but not be an all-you-can-eat buffet. If he gets his average, we win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We shot worse from every spot on the floor, got outrebounded, and had more turnovers, AND they had a guy that had 40, but the officials were the difference 

Imo the officials were fine. Auburn got way more calls on the road than they usually do  from what I have seen .Just wished the CBM from Saturday would have showed up to help Broome

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

We are not a great team and have some obvious deficiencies. We also play in the toughest league. Proud of our team and the effort tonight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

We did enough to win this one. Yeah Kinecht is good but the refs bailed TN out several times. And we let their bigs get too many points and FTs in the beginning of the game. FTs were the difference in this one. 

Think Auburn matched up well and can beat Tennessee if Auburn can clean up the turnovers 

• Like 4

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah I expected him to get his average but not be an all-you-can-eat buffet. If he gets his average, we win.

Let's hope he FEASTS on that bama "D" this Saturday. 

• Like 2

Auburn played great for the most part.  Some dumb mistakes to start both halves, but overall hard to be disappointed by the performance.  Hung in tough even with a dude going nuclear hot on the other side.

My biggest gripe is the coaching decision to go zone TWICE which let Knecht get started on that run.

every little brush or tick gets called on AU. UT blasts an AU player and nothing.  Aidoo should have fouled out long before now and Dalton K should have had at least 4, probably fouled out also.

• Like 2

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Let's hope he FEASTS on that bama "D" this Saturday. 

Will both team get over a hundred?

wouldn’t be surprised 

• Like 1

Dude went prime MJ out there.  I'm not upset losing by 8 on the road to legit #4 team in country when a dude put up a 40 burger despite a strong effort to defend him.  We turned it over too much but that's what both these teams do.  I'm frustrated we didn't pull it off.  Would have been huge!! But this team answered every call tonight, just fell short. We showed up in a performance that builds confidence going into March. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We shot worse from every spot on the floor, got outrebounded, and had more turnovers, AND they had a guy that had 40, but the officials were the difference 

Oddly enough, neither team had points off turnovers?

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

Oddly enough, neither team had points off turnovers?

I don’t know with the score trackers when it comes to college sometimes tbh. That’s almost unbelievable with how much the ball was flipping around in the first half 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Dalton does the things we always thought Jaylin would do. 

Lol, no. They aren't even in the same stratosphere and I like Jaylin... Dalton is to TN what Jabari Smith was to us. Jaylin doesn't touch either of them, period. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 2

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Lol, no. They aren't even in the same stratosphere and I like Jaylin... 

I didn't mean just tonight.  I always thought he would become a player like Dalton. 

I feel even better about this team after tonight. Top 4 team playing at home and a great player went off. Still in it all the way til the end and Holloway looks like a new player. Bring it on.

That Harlem globetrotter pass by CBM in traffic was a real killer. He should be running benches or stairs for that lol

• Like 6

How many points did our guards have tonight?  5?

Dalton was my and many’s SEC POTY pick even when Sears was leading Bama to the #1 spot and Broome was a metric darling. You don’t need to look at stats or the overall team to see why he’s that guy. He’s just that guy.