SEC Tournament Games 3-14-24

In game 1, MSU is sh---ing the bed in an absolute do or die game from them. Trail 29-22 at halftime vs an LSU team that they absolutely destroyed both games during the regular season.

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

State up 47-41 in second half. I just turned the game on

Hope they win. Then hope they beat UT tomorrow.

Looking forward to the Arky vs. USCe game that comes on next.

Not sure i give either of these teams much chance against Tenn. State probably has a better shot...

• Like 2

People point to the App State game as most disappointing loss but for me its that State game we lost at their place. I know you treat college road games different but we just should not lose to that team. 

• Like 3

Hubbard says i got this and scores 5 unanswered himself. That guy is going to be a problem next year

• Like 1

Looks like State is going to get the win. Auburn's got winner of the next game!

What do y'all think about the fairness of some teams receiving double byes?

Don't get me wrong, if there are double byes to be had, I want AU to get one. But are they fair? 

Single byes are fine, but I wonder about double byes.

They are reporting that Vandy has fired Stackhouse. I'm sorry to see him go, always looked forward seeing his classy outfits. As far as Vandy, their alumni have more money than God. The school's endowment is second only to A&M in the SEC. Yet, they are losing their best football and basketball players to other schools. AU has had two and I think it was Kentucky who had an outstanding RB last year that was a Vandy transfer. Commentators claimed that LSU has one of their better basketball players and I don't know how many more FB and BB guys could be scattered around. I'm thinking Vandy's NIL money isn't competitive. Those doctors, lawyers and Indian chiefs better get off some of that dough if they want to hang with the other schools in the SEC.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Don't get me wrong, if there are double byes to be had, I want AU to get one. But are they fair? 

Yes. Only logical way to do it with 14 teams. Teams that gripe about it should have won more games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They are reporting that Vandy has fired Stackhouse. I'm sorry to see him go, always looked forward seeing his classy outfits. As far as Vandy, their alumni have more money than God. The school's endowment is second only to A&M in the SEC. Yet, they are losing their best football and basketball players to other schools. AU has had two and I think it was Kentucky who had an outstanding RB last year that was a Vandy transfer. Commentators claimed that LSU has one of their better basketball players and I don't know how many more FB and BB guys could be scattered around. I'm thinking Vandy's NIL money isn't competitive. Those doctors, lawyers and Indian chiefs better get off some of that dough if they want to hang with the other schools in the SEC.

People like to dog Vandy basketball. But they were one of the better programs in the SEC for years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

It's not fair but it's not meant to be fair. It is meant to reward the teams who had good regular seasons. And i have no problem with it personally. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

People like to dog Vandy basketball. But they were one of the better programs in the SEC for years.

But recently they aren't. I think it's due to a failure of their NIL program. That explains their loss of both football and basketball players. The football program was weak enough to begin with and now other schools are poaching the cream of their crop.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

But recently they aren't. I think it's due to a failure of their NIL program. That explains their loss of both football and basketball players. The football program was weak enough to begin with and now other schools are poaching the cream of their crop.

Wonder if AU could use any players from Vandy now that Stackhouse is gone?? 😁

We need some teams with great front court players to have their coach fired lol

Arky big man didn't even come down the court to play defense on that play.  Must be tired.  Reminds me of Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Good game so far. USCe up by 1 with about 4 left in the first half. 

22 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Wonder if AU could use any players from Vandy now that Stackhouse is gone?? 😁

We need some teams with great front court players to have their coach fired lol

There’s one that we recruited this past offseason, but he preferred to play for a sub 10 win team…

USCe surviving on second chance points right now. Arky outplaying them everywhere else

Arky better pick it up. They have come out looking slow in the second half

Going to take quite the turnaround to get the overtime game we all want to see lol. USCe up 48-35

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

Yes. Only logical way to do it with 14 teams. Teams that gripe about it should have won more games.

Giving the top 2 teams a single bye and let the other 12 teams play first round is an option.