East region has got to be.....

One of the toughest regions in recent memory. If we were all in different regions, a Final Four of UConn, Iowa State, Illinois, and Auburn wouldn't raise an eyebrow. You could even throw SDSU in the mix- they made it from a similar position last year. And don't sleep on teams like UAB either, they could beat anybody on a given day. All of the top 5 teams are well-coached talented, tough, physical teams that play outstanding defense. Much respect to all the teams in our region. I will be pulling for whoever comes out of it (hopefully us, of course 😊).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

One of the toughest regions in recent memory. If we were all in different regions, a Final Four of UConn, Iowa State, Illinois, and Auburn wouldn't raise an eyebrow. You could even throw SDSU in the mix- they made it from a similar position last year. And don't sleep on teams like UAB either, they could beat anybody on a given day. All of the top 5 teams are well-coached talented, tough, physical teams that play outstanding defense. Much respect to all the teams in our region. I will be pulling for whoever comes out of it (hopefully us, of course 😊).

Throw in a FAU team that made a final 4 run last year. Its an impressive region. 

• Like 2

I really think it’s a raw deal that it could be a potential Auburn / UAB matchup in the second round. On top of that is on the other side of the country

• Like 1

Think we end up playing UAB; Andy Kennedy is going to do a hell of a sales job to get the Bama-born players up for that matchup. Hopefully we lose to them if we lose at all.

45 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think we end up playing UAB; Andy Kennedy is going to do a hell of a sales job to get the Bama-born players up for that matchup. Hopefully we lose to them if we lose at all.

0e1052b8f7d06ffc5722e59fea318361.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Agree … totally brutal.  That said, if you look at it “tactically” … all eyes on a Sweet 16 matchup with UConn.  Could Auburn beat them in Boston?  That would be tough …

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Agree … totally brutal.  That said, if you look at it “tactically” … all eyes on a Sweet 16 matchup with UConn.  Could Auburn beat them in Boston?  That would be tough …

I believe it’s possible. Gotta finish better at the rim , make the free throws and value the ball. Those throw ahead turnovers drive me nutz 

• Like 1

UConn is probably the worst 1 seed for us to draw.  But it's not like Houston and Purdue are gonna be a cakewalk.  It's time to quit complaining and take them one at a time.  Let's stomp a mudhole in Yale and go from there. I like how this team is playing at crunch time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

UConn is probably the worst 1 seed for us to draw.  But it's not like Houston and Purdue are gonna be a cakewalk.  It's time to quit complaining and take them one at a time.  Let's stomp a mudhole in Yale and go from there. I like how this team is playing at crunch time.

Something positives are all the top seeds have lost games and had some dudes. Auburn has fared very well in neutral site games

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

It’d more or less be the most impressive win we’ve had since 2019 imo. Off the top of my head, UConn is the closest to following up the mid 00s Florida in B2B natties. I do think Houston would’ve stole the top overall seed (in a world where conference tournaments matter) if they beat Iowa St though. Up until that point, I don’t know if they were in a different realm than UH. 

We don’t really match up roster wise that poorly to them. They don’t put a short guard on the floor at all, which may be a problem, and they run 8-9 deep. I’ll have to see how they grade out in metrics, but it’s going to definitely have to be a game where either Broome has it going outside of the paint or we do some things to get him matched up against someone other than Clingan. Other than Houston last year, Donovan really could be the hardest defensive matchup he’s seen since Walker Kessler

• Like 1

We are #4 in Kenpom and #5 in Net Rankings.  That ain't supposed to happen to the #1 overall seed in the Sweet 16, assuming we both get there. 

• Like 1

Whoever comes out of the East bracket will either be hardened like steel, or broken up like an early-career Mike Tyson opponent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Conference tournament champions from Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC all in same region. That's 4 of the top 5 conferences in the country according to most every metric

• Like 3