Bruce recaps the season and looks ahead

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I trust Bruce. He is recruiting. Your kind of talk will make him retire early.

Well in that case let me take it all back...

My criticism is not unfair. And if fair critique and criticism pushes him to retire, than it probably is time for him to do so. Auburn will be fine if makes a quality hire after the foundation BP built.

Just pray to God that his son doesn't replace him.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Well in that case let me take it all back...

My criticism is not unfair. And if fair critique and criticism pushes him to retire, than it probably is time for him to do so. Auburn will be fine if makes a quality hire after the foundation BP built.

Just pray to God that his son doesn't replace him.

Also, remember in the middle of the year he posted a video mentioning the fans complaining.  He needs to get in the portal and address the teams needs and quit worrying about what the fans say. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Also, remember in the middle of the year he posted a video mentioning the fans complaining.  He needs to get in the portal and address the teams needs and quit worrying about what the fans say. 

Plus it was sooo far to Spokane.

was Bruce/ Auburn the only coach in the tournament that whined about the location? Probably the most vocal. Well that was solved pretty quick wasn’t it?

• Like 3

Just now, TigerOne said:

Plus it was sooo far to Spokane.

was Bruce/ Auburn the only coach in the tournament that whined about the location? Probably the most vocal. Well that was solved pretty quick wasn’t it?

Yeah,  didn't stay long enuf for the faucet water to get hot.

• Haha 1

We had a great season for sure, and I'm proud of it, but ...we lost to Yale....in the first round. Bruce should probably sit this one out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

That Yale game was just a perfect storm for the L. I forgot the kids name but he went off for like 28 points against us…when the next game he went for 9. Played the game of his life against us. 

Cbm should have been guarding him but alas was in the locker room (possibly  tweeting?)

On 3/28/2024 at 3:01 PM, aubiefifty said:

I see BP saying when we lost CBM it put us in a bind.  Their main defender could now guard our PG. Is this cat serious. We have no business losing to Yale with/without CBM. We should be able to trot Mikey out in place of CBM and still beat Yale going away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I see BP saying when we lost CBM it put us in a bind.  Their main defender could now guard our PG. Is this cat serious. We have no business losing to Yale with/without CBM. We should be able to trot Mikey out in place of CBM and still beat Yale going away.

Just wondering, but how do you feel when Hugh Freeze is candid about what is occurring on the coach level in a game? When he breaks down what actually is occurring from the intention and scheme perspective? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm turning the presser on, but to me, Bruce has just explained what happened. I dunno if it was him or a media guy, but they've explained that their 6'6 shooter went crazy, and he would've likely been defended by CBM, who's really the only guy on the roster that matchups with a 6'6 wing player well. That's not an excuse, that's just a fact.

I've gotten to the Chad part of it, and that's all he's said. Their main defender would've been on Chad, which took our point guards off their game, and that's what left Denver as their best lead guard option. He doesn't say that is why they lost, but admits that it was going to get them in trouble.

I'm not gonna make this a long winded post, but you could've just watched these last few games (esp the Georgia one), and those would tell you that this team really valued Chad if for nothing more than to avoid having to run our PGs as lead ball handlers. I personally view that as good insight for people who would like to know more about Auburn's style of play and why Chad specifically brought so much to the team

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just wondering, but how do you feel when Hugh Freeze is candid about what is occurring on the coach level in a game? When he breaks down what actually is occurring from the intention and scheme perspective? 

He don't need to break it down for me. If we only have 1 person who can guard someone for Yale. That's a problem. And when 1 defender shuts down both our PG's (BPs words) that's also a problem. Not sure what Freeze  has got to do with it.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm turning the presser on, but to me, Bruce has just explained what happened. I dunno if it was him or a media guy, but they've explained that their 6'6 shooter went crazy, and he would've likely been defended by CBM, who's really the only guy on the roster that matchups with a 6'6 wing player well. That's not an excuse, that's just a fact.

I've gotten to the Chad part of it, and that's all he's said. Their main defender would've been on Chad, which took our point guards off their game, and that's what left Denver as their best lead guard option. He doesn't say that is why they lost, but admits that it was going to get them in trouble.

I'm not gonna make this a long winded post, but you could've just watched these last few games (esp the Georgia one), and those would tell you that this team really valued Chad if for nothing more than to avoid having to run our PGs as lead ball handlers. I personally view that as good insight for people who would like to know more about Auburn's style of play and why Chad specifically brought so much to the team

You say one defender took both PGs off their game. You agreed with BP on that. Why is that? Why don't our PGs dictate what happens in the game. Our PGs had 5 points combined and probably 10 turnovers.  Our PG's can't compete with Yales 1 defender? I'm shocked BP said it to be honest.  It's embarrassing 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He don't need to break it down for me. If we only have 1 person who can guard someone for Yale. That's a problem. And when 1 defender shuts down both our PG's (BPs words) that's also a problem. Not sure what Freeze  has got to do with it.

Yes, he doesn’t need to break it down for you, specifically, but that level of transparency is something he’s done in these pressers for years. Should he not mention what happened because someone may interpret it as being an excuse? I mentioned Freeze because he does the same thing, and many Auburn fans (on here at least), seem to appreciate a coach being candid. It’s the same idea 

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You say one defender took both PGs off their game. You agreed with BP on that. Why is that? Why don't our PGs dictate what happens in the game. Our PGs had 5 points combined and probably 10 turnovers.  Our PG's can't compete with Yales 1 defender? I'm shocked BP said it to be honest.  It's embarrassing 

Because they don’t and they didn’t. And Auburn has had a gameplan to adjust to that. The gameplan has been….run Chad as the point forward. And now we’ve gone full circle here. I think you at least seem to understand the point Bruce was making there, but many people won’t even understand why Chad being out the game would’ve resulted in a bad performance from the guards. Why shouldn’t Bruce explain how A affects B?

If you (the general you, not you specifically) have the capacity to understand that he already said they should’ve won regardless, then you can take this explanation on face value. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

To me, an excuse is when you’re trying to shift blame off of what happened. If you open with saying, we should’ve won regardless, we didn’t adjust in the game, etc, and then you explain what specifically happened in the game that you didn’t adjust to/for, I don’t see how that’s an excuse. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

To me, an excuse is when you’re trying to shift blame off of what happened. If you open with saying, we should’ve won regardless, we didn’t adjust in the game, etc, and then you explain what specifically happened in the game that you didn’t adjust to/for, I don’t see how that’s an excuse. 

I agree. BP got out coached. AU got outplayed by Yale. BP can disect it how he wants.  His failure to address certain needs the last 5 years continues on. So, when he tried to adjust to CBM being out. He had no one to turn to other than Denver (his words). That's BPs fault.  BP is not above criticism,  esp. When it's 5 years in the making. Everything goes back to that. It's not hard really.  We'll see if he has learned his lesson and gets an experience PG out of the portal. Being candid is one thing. Not fixing it for 5 yrs is mind boggling .

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree. BP got out coached. AU got outplayed by Yale. BP can disect it how he wants.  His failure to address certain needs the last 5 years continues on. So, when he tried to adjust to CBM being out. He had no one to turn to other than Denver (his words). That's BPs fault.  BP is not above criticism,  esp. When it's 5 years in the making. Everything goes back to that. It's not hard really.  We'll see if he has learned his lesson and gets an experience PG out of the portal. Being candid is one thing. Not fixing it for 5 yrs is mind boggling .

Facepalm away Auburn93. It's all facts

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Dislike 1

I like CBP a lot. I think he has done wonders for MBB at Auburn . I just don’t see us getting that final four magic back with the inconsistency 

On 3/29/2024 at 1:33 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Bruce does seem very sensitive to criticism. He takes it very personally.

• Like 1