What are our interests here?

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

If we can produce so much oil why are we dependent on the Saudis and why are gas prices so high?

It’s called globalism my dude. Your gas prices don’t stay cheap because US is producing a ton of it themselves. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I mean it’s bleeding obvious dude. Israel has us by the nuts. We can’t stand by and let them get hit . Our support for them is baked in. 

Israel is an ally. Imperfect, with currently hawkish leadership (and needs to go), but an ally. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

Hehe. Saw that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s called globalism my dude. Your gas prices don’t stay cheap because US is producing a ton of it themselves. 

Well sonny maybe we should shuck globalism.

• Haha 1

Can’t. Literally impossible to do at this point. 

• Like 1

In the case of oil why not.

We sell it too. 

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

That's what American First'ers said in the 30's.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We sell it too. 

Yep at high prices to us. Let's face it, Biden's energy policies are a disaster

Edited by Son of A Tiger

Yep at high prices to us.

If we try to isolate it would be an economic nightmare. Think people are upset about the economy now? My boy you have no idea. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

If we try to isolate it would be an economic nightmare. Think people are upset about the economy now? My boy you have no idea. 

Yep youngun' Biden's energy policies area disaster.

Yep youngun' Biden's energy policies area disaster.

“Area disaster”

That one tickled me lol. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That one tickled me lol. 

Ironic since "area" really means the F******* globe. :rolleyes: 

A lot of people don't seem to understand we are a global empire, which includes our economy as well as our security. And there's no going back.

Isolationalism is a recipe for disaster.  More than ever.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Isolationalism is a recipe for disaster.  More than ever.

No we need 10 dollar gas because feels. 

(Those feels being “**** globalization”)

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

If Iran is true to their word and this "attack" concludes their response, Netanyahu better be smart enough and leave it alone. This was a face-saving move for Iran. Doesn't strike me as any serious attempt at an attack. Iran knows full well Iron Dome's capability. They can't have expected much if anything to get through. I actually think it works better to do nothing - tell the world the attack was so insignificant as to not warrant a response, which is pretty much true.

Only other thing of value I can see for Iran in this is observing what the US would do to assist, so they might be able to use it in propaganda against us.

• Like 2

The news is now showing debris from drones in Jordan as well as Israel. Tow questions?

1. What should Jordan's response be/

2. How should Israel respond to this whole thing?

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The news is now showing debris from drones in Jordan as well as Israel. Tow questions?

1. What should Jordan's response be/

2. How should Israel respond to this whole thing?

1. Almost certain that the debris in Jordan was drones that were shot down. No reason for Iran to target them. aside from maybe US outposts there. 

2. They shouldn't. I haven't seen any reports that a single person was killed. If that changes then a response may be warranted, but at this point you don't escalate the situation. Just feels like it was a face-saving move on Iran's part, not an earnest attack.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

They were MIG 29s, my bad, but were ready to do it but Washington rejected the deal.

In an unusual move, Poland on Tuesday offered to send a number of Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine via an American air base in Germany, blindsiding U.S. officials, who said they had not been consulted, The Washington Post reported. In exchange, Poland requested that the United States send it replacement planes, presumably newer, U.S.-manufactured F-16s, which would constitute a major upgrade.

“We do not believe Poland’s proposal is a tenable one,” John Kirby, press secretary for the Pentagon, said in a statement.

Poland’s offer would require the United States and NATO to play a lead role in getting the planes to Ukraine. Even in the context of broad Western effort to arm Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin could easily construe jets taking off from a NATO base in Germany to eventually fight Russians as NATO fighting Russians. That, Kirby said, “raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/09/ukraine-poland-mig-29-fighter-jets/

This was on March 9th of 2022.  Sorry you didn’ remember.

That’s didn’t stop Poland from giving Migs. 

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s didn’t stop Poland from giving Migs. 

Not the point.

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Yep at high prices to us. Let's face it, Biden's energy policies are a disaster

Based on what? Our production is higher than it’s ever been. Saudi (Trump’s buddy) and Putin (Trump’s buddy) are manipulating their production.

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not the point.

I’d tell you you need to decide just what you want to blame Biden for but I know the actual answer is everything.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

In the case of oil why not.

Not to be rude, but just by proposing this it shows you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Take our oil off the world market and you'll see Saudi Arabia and Russia laughing all the way to the bank, while our allies suffer higher prices and everybody gets pissed at us. Then you'll see economic retaliation and trade warfare. As Dub said, if you think things are bad now, they'd be orders of magnitude worse if we get out of the market.

Even if we did leave the market we couldn't make the switch immediately, because a good chunk of our refineries aren't made to refine the oil we produce in the States. They're set up for the heavier, dirtier crude that we've been importing for decades. We could be producing double the amount of oil we are now and still couldn't use it. It would take years and billions to convert existing refineries or build new ones. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’d tell you you need to decide just what you want to blame Biden for but I know the actual answer is everything.

In regards to Ukraine aid; he slow played the aid to APPEASE Putin.  We are giving aid to Ukraine *as long as necessary* and just like Afghanistan we have no strategy to end the conflict.  It is open ended and now we are going to give additional aid to Israel and Taiwan.

Biden doesn’t have to pubically tell us what the end game is, but as long as he keeps asking for aid to Ukraine, the questions will linger.

When will the aid end if it is an unwinnable war like Afghanistan?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

In regards to Ukraine aid; he slow played the aid to APPEASE Putin.  We are giving aid to Ukraine *as long as necessary* and just like Afghanistan we have no strategy to end the conflict.  It is open ended and now we are going to give additional aid to Israel and Taiwan.

Biden doesn’t have to pubically tell us what the end game is, but as long as he keeps asking for aid to Ukraine, the questions will linger.

When will the aid end if it is an unwinnable war like Afghanistan?

Should we put a timeline on aid to Israel, too? What’s the plan to resolve conflict there?

• Thanks 2