What are our interests here?

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We’re already doing that. Hell we provide more defensive largesse to Israel than we ever have Ukraine. 

Has a war been declared?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Has a war been declared?

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Bibi does so. 

• Like 1

I don’t know what work you live in but FFS Israel has F35s doing sorties, patriot batteries in the iron dome.  

They’re on the cutting edge lol. Meanwhile we’re debating F16s for Ukraine lol. 

I’m all for letting Israel take the brunt of the defensive postition.  They are prepared for it.

In Ukraine the administration has piecemealed our aid as if we were more afraid of making Putin mad than helping Ukraine win a war.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Bibi does so. 

How about Iran?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

In Ukraine the administration has piecemealed our aid as if we were more afraid of making Putin mad than helping Ukraine win a war.

One party keeps holding up aid and it isn’t the Ds. Stop it. 

• Like 2

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

How about Iran?

Iran are lunatics and we should expect them to be lunatics. 

Just now, AUDub said:

One party keeps holding up aid and it isn’t the Ds. Stop it. 

Come on, Poland was going to give Ukraine F4’s early on and Biden stopped it.  

You are living in ******* Republican fantasy land. How are you this god damned stupid. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, Poland was going to give Ukraine F4’s early on and Biden stopped it.  

Yeah that’s bull****. Making stuff up now? 

IM. You are a ******* partisan idiot and hardly worth my effort. But please do go on. 

• Dislike 1

For crying out loud how many operational F4s do you think Poland even has? 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah that’s bull****. Making stuff up now? 

They were MIG 29s, my bad, but were ready to do it but Washington rejected the deal.

In an unusual move, Poland on Tuesday offered to send a number of Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine via an American air base in Germany, blindsiding U.S. officials, who said they had not been consulted, The Washington Post reported. In exchange, Poland requested that the United States send it replacement planes, presumably newer, U.S.-manufactured F-16s, which would constitute a major upgrade.

“We do not believe Poland’s proposal is a tenable one,” John Kirby, press secretary for the Pentagon, said in a statement.

Poland’s offer would require the United States and NATO to play a lead role in getting the planes to Ukraine. Even in the context of broad Western effort to arm Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin could easily construe jets taking off from a NATO base in Germany to eventually fight Russians as NATO fighting Russians. That, Kirby said, “raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/09/ukraine-poland-mig-29-fighter-jets/

This was on March 9th of 2022.  Sorry you didn’ remember.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They were MIG 29s, my bad, but were ready to do it but Washington rejected the deal.

WHO rejected it?!  They’ve been delivered.

Good Christ. 

You have got to be the laziest, stupidest partisan on this site. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

WHO rejected it?!  They’ve been delivered.

Good Christ. 

That would be Kirby if you read the article.  Were they delivered in 2022?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

That would be Kirby if you read the article.  Were they delivered in 2022?

They have been delivered long since after the “herp derp can’t draw in NATO” fervor cooled down. Now we’re literally training them on our platforms like HIMARs and the Bradley Fighting Vehicle lol. 

Edited by AUDub

They have been delivered long since after the “herp derp can’t draw in NATO” fervor cooled down

So they did initially turn Poland down.  Got it.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Now we’re literally training them on our platforms like HIMARs and the Bradley Fighting Vehicle

What does this have to do with providing Ukraine with MIGS and/or F-16s?  Are we training them in the F-16s?

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would expect we would do the same or Israel that we have done for Ukraine.

This is such an enormous tell of how damned uninformed you are that it boggles the mind how one could be this ignorant of our respective policies regarding Israel and Ukraine.

i mean Israel is literally fielding US manufactured 5th gen fighters as we speak lol. Christ what an uninformed maroon you are.  

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So they did initially turn Poland down.  Got it.

Everyone in NATO was on eggshells in the opening stages of the war until it became clear we wouldn’t kick off World War 3 by sending them weapons. 

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What does this have to do with providing Ukraine with MIGS and/or F-16s?  Are we training them in the F-16s?

We’re trying to help them. At least a certain subset of our leadership is.

Go ahead and watch what happens if we elect that nihilist again lol. 

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Everyone in NATO was on eggshells in the opening stages of the war until it became clear we wouldn’t kick off World War 3 by sending them weapons. 

Like I said earlier:  “In Ukraine the administration has piecemealed our aid as if we were more afraid of making Putin mad than helping Ukraine win a war.”

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said earlier:  “In Ukraine the administration has piecemealed our aid as if we were more afraid of making Putin mad than helping Ukraine win a war.”

He’s a madman with nukes. There are no easy options here. MAD still exists. 

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

You are living in ******* Republican fantasy land. How are you this god damned stupid. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1dbf5111440dce417274bb36b473245a.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ukraine, Israel, and potentially Taiwan. Each very different situations. One thing in common - all democracies under attack/threat from autocracies.