What are our interests here?

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Should we put a timeline on aid to Israel, too? What’s the plan to resolve conflict there?

Has Biden said anything about *as long as it takes* with regards to Israel?  No.  Aid has and always will be there for Israel as they are an ally.  However, there are Congress people questioning our reasoning for that aid, just like there are Congress people questioning aid to Ukraine.   Just different motivations for questioning that aid.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump kept saying he did. Says it now. Not true. 

According to data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA), when Trump took office in January 2017, the SPR contained 695 million barrels. When he left office four years later, the SPR contained 638 million barrels. So, the level of the SPR actually declined while President Trump was in office. You can see this clearly in the chart below:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/11/16/fact-checking-donald-trump-on-the-strategic-petroleum-reserve/?sh=3439c69e5c65

Biden has depleted them more to offset Saudi cut backs, but it’s not a US production issue.

You'd think in Feb 2020 we coulda maxxed that out easy with the insane price drop oil experienced.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

You'd think in Feb 2020 we coulda maxxed that out easy with the insane price drop oil experienced.

Shoulda.

50 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I’m not sure what was going on at the time, but it must have drawn a lot of attention.  :poke:.

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure what was going on at the time, but it must have drawn a lot of attention.  :poke:.

I mean, I get that 100%.

But you'd think some one or some government group would be like... In case this epidemic isn't the end of the world, lets take advantage of oil prices bottoming out.

And for all I know we did, and then just used a crap ton more right after 🤷‍♂️

:lol: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I mean, I get that 100%.

But you'd think some one or some government group would be like... In case this epidemic isn't the end of the world, lets take advantage of oil prices bottoming out.

And for all I know we did, and then just used a crap ton more right after 🤷‍♂️

:lol: 

The pandemic was all inclusive and the filling of the reserve was probably brought up, but like Climate Change now, it got put on the back burner, electric of course.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m all for letting Israel take the brunt of the defensive postition.  They are prepared for it.

In Ukraine the administration has piecemealed our aid as if we were more afraid of making Putin mad than helping Ukraine win a war.

Seriously?  You honestly believe that Biden is the cause for our slow rolling of aid to Ukraine?  The current administration has been reluctant to provide U.S. weapons systems that could be used to expand the conflict beyond Ukraine's borders, but that seems to be more responsible than the alternative.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, the only government in the middle East that shares any of our values, whether it be political structure or human rights, is Israel.  They certainly are not perfect, but I have a feeling that if Cuba consistently launched missiles daily into Florida, our response would be anything but warm and caring.

My lack of understanding right now with Israel is in why it is taking this long to complete the job in Gaza.  Gaza is an extremely small land strip.  It is approximately twice the size of Washington, DC.  The population is dense, but the IDF is powerful with every modern intelligence capability imaginable.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Seriously?  You honestly believe that Biden is the cause for our slow rolling of aid to Ukraine?  The current administration has been reluctant to provide U.S. weapons systems that could be used to expand the conflict beyond Ukraine's borders, but that seems to be more responsible than the alternative.

So you say the current administration has been reluctant to provide U. S. Weapon systems that could expand the conflict and still believe he didn’t slow roll the aid?  That is slow rolling the aid.

The Ukraine government have been pushing for more and Joe has concerns they don’t exceed the boundaries beyond the border?  Sounds like rules of engagement like in Vietnam.  That worked out well.

Is he still afraid of Putin?

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you say the current administration has been reluctant to provide U. S. Weapon systems that could expand the conflict and still believe he didn’t slow roll the aid?  That is slow rolling the aid.

The Ukraine government have been pushing for more and Joe has concerns they don’t exceed the boundaries beyond the border?  Sounds like rules of engagement like in Vietnam.  That worked out well.

Is he still afraid of Putin?

It doesn't matter what he does, you will assign some sort of blame.  Likewise, Trump could come in and totally capitulate to Putin and you would call him a peace maker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

It doesn't matter what he does, you will assign some sort of blame.  Likewise, Trump could come in and totally capitulate to Putin and you would call him a peace maker.

It is not a secret that I despise Biden with all my heart and soul, similar to what you feel about Trump.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is not a secret that I despise Biden with all my heart and soul, similar to what you feel about Trump.

No. You despise him because he happens to be the democrat sitting in the White House. Most folks who despise Trump have tangible, indisputable things they can point to, in addition to the scores of things yet to be proven in a court of law.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No. You despise him because he happens to be the democrat sitting in the White House. Most folks who despise Trump have tangible, indisputable things they can point to, in addition to the scores of things yet to be proven in a court of law.

Biden is corrupt, a liar, a pedofile, take showers with his daughter, takes foreign enemy’s money and won’t protect our own border.  You’re right, he is a Democrat.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden is corrupt, a liar, a pedofile, take showers with his daughter, takes foreign enemy’s money and won’t protect our own border.  You’re right, he is a Democrat.

You’re deeply delusional. And obviously highly suggestible. It’s kinda amazing to watch. Disturbing, but amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is your brain on FOX

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2024 at 8:16 AM, Leftfield said:

Not to be rude, but just by proposing this it shows you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Take our oil off the world market and you'll see Saudi Arabia and Russia laughing all the way to the bank, while our allies suffer higher prices and everybody gets pissed at us. Then you'll see economic retaliation and trade warfare. As Dub said, if you think things are bad now, they'd be orders of magnitude worse if we get out of the market.

Even if we did leave the market we couldn't make the switch immediately, because a good chunk of our refineries aren't made to refine the oil we produce in the States. They're set up for the heavier, dirtier crude that we've been importing for decades. We could be producing double the amount of oil we are now and still couldn't use it. It would take years and billions to convert existing refineries or build new ones. 

You OK with Biden's policy on Venezuela?

'Stop appeasing dictators': GOP senators demand Biden impose oil sanctions on Venezuela | Fox News

16 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Not that this has anything to do with what we were discussing, but....

...since Biden hasn't made any decision yet, I guess it's kind of hard to support it. How about reading an article that actually points out the nuances of the situation?

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-says-it-will-not-renew-easing-venezuela-oil-sanctions-unless-progress-made-2024-04-15/

I take it from the article you posted that you think he should clamp down hard with sanctions? If so, will you attack Biden for gas prices jumping and an increase in Venezuelans trying to emigrate to the US?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Not that this has anything to do with what we were discussing, but....

...since Biden hasn't made any decision yet, I guess it's kind of hard to support it. How about reading an article that actually points out the nuances of the situation?

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-says-it-will-not-renew-easing-venezuela-oil-sanctions-unless-progress-made-2024-04-15/

I take it from the article you posted that you think he should clamp down hard with sanctions? If so, will you attack Biden for gas prices jumping and an increase in Venezuelans trying to emigrate to the US?

Do not try to explain cause and effect to a MAGA. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Do not try to explain cause and effect to a MAGA. 

Hope springs eternal. 

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Or know it all smart ass people like you.

Scalding. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So I’m trying to get the maga right and wrong stuff straight: Venezuelan dictator bad, Russian dictator good?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So I’m trying to get the maga right and wrong stuff straight: Venezuelan dictator bad, Russian dictator good?

Unless Trump decides he’s a buddy.

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think its more of Venezuelan dictator bad, Russia and Chinese dictators that have given money to the President’s son and the President making questionable decisions about foreign policies also bad.

• Like 1