Thinking about the game tomorrow

Tigermike

Of the thirteen times Auburn and Arkansas have met, the team with the most rushing yards in the game has won nine times. Since the Hawgs are third nationally in rushing yards per game, with an average of 286.4 yards, hopefully that won't happen this week. On a brighter note, Arkansas ranks 113th nationally in passing offense.

The AU running game is not shabby, but they are not ranked third nationally in rushing. Also considering AU has the better passing game, they should win.

Special Teams: Both teams have good return men. Kody Bliss is one of the best all-around punters in the nation(kicking long and pooching). I don't know about you guys, but I still draw up in my seat everytime Vaughn walks out for a field goal.

I think the key is balance.  We have it, they don't.  Also, I'll take our defense over theirs any day of the week.

188845[/snapback]

Tex is right BALANCE is the key especially in the SEC. We will likely stack the box to force Arky into passing downs trying to force them into 2nd or 3rd and longs.

I have said before in other threads, I believe this is an extemely important game for AU. I believe it will tell the direction of the team for the remainder of the year. I do believe AU has improved since game one, but it still remains that the only quality opponent we played, we lost. My main issue is that I believe that Arky is not a very good football team at all. I do believe that AU will win. How we win is the question. If it is close and somewhat ugly, then I believe there are serious conerns surrounding our 3 remaining tough games. If AU is sharp, crisp and big winner, then I do not think people can deny that AU will contend for SEC. Don't label me as a doom and gloomer, I personally think the latter will happen. WAR EAGLE!

Archived