My thoughts on AU

geauxscott

Cox is on his way to being a stud. That guy was so cool the entire night and makes good quick decisions. It seemed like everytime we had pressure on him he was at his best. I will tell you this, on the 4th and goal TD....Before the play that was the loudest I have ever heard that stadium, EVER!!! And to make matters worse, he was going right into the student section and it didn't even phase him.

Kenny Irons......WOW!! That long run that he busted really sparked you running game. Before that play the ground game wasn't going well. What was funny was on that long, when it looked like he was getting tackled for little or no gain I stood up and yelled "YOU CAN'T RUN ON US, STOP TRYING" thinking we tackled him, then the next thing I see is this little pin ball figure bounce out of the pack of LSU defenders and race 80 yds for a TD. Needless to say I didn't pull the "YOU CAN'T RUN ON US" chant again. :lol:

Defense, just great.....thats all I'm going to say!!!

Special Teams.......Well I'm not going to say anything about the FGs, but I will say it seemed obvious that you didn't want to let Skyler touch the ball after the first time, and you did a good job at it. I am very that Skyler was finally able to close the deal on a punt return......he has been tackled by the punter 3-4 times this year!!

All in all AU is a really good team and it seemed as if neither team really wanted to win this game. As both teams had chances to put the game away but couldn't capitalize!!

Man what a great game. This game was more emotional and had more drama than my last relationship :blink: . From what I'm reading and hearing from my buds is that the trip was great. LSU fans acted the way LSU fans should act - I commend you.

War Eagle

I'll just add my 2 cents here too.

What can you say? This damn game never (usually) ceases to be a nail biter. I guess thats the reason this game has decided the West 4 out of 5 years. I know LSU doesn't have the rivalry of Bama or Georgia but over the past 5 years there is no more important game to both teams than this one.

I saw hundreds of Auburn fans tailgating with LSU fans. I hung out with several Auburn fans for a few hours watching the Bama game. One guy said he lived in Birmingham and every time Bama made a play he'd launch into a story bashing Bama fans and how hard it is living in Birmingham. It was hilarious.

I'm hopeful the animosity of recent years has taken a turn for the better. Everyone I saw was having a great time. Only an obnoxious drunk here and there. The Auburn fans were very loud for their numbers.

Irons. What more can be said. I doubted y'all would run on us. I think as he adds some weight he'll be even better. Never stops moving his legs.

Cox.You can tell he is a very intelligent QB. I think he'll only get better. I knew if he was given time he could make plays and he did.

O-line was outstanding. Don't think that LSU's defensive line isn't any good. They are. It just shows how good Auburn's o-line was last night.

It's a shame someone had to lose. Both teams gave their all despite some very frustrating mistakes for both teams.

I hope those that defied the warnings of Baton Rouge and came to the game had a great time.

PS- Auburn will beat Bama.

i've been to baton rouge several times and have had my share of bad experiences but this time aside from some cussing at, I had a pretty good time. I really hope it's the start of a trend.

Well your gonna get cussed at no matter where you go. Nothing wrong with hearing "Tiger Bait" . Noting wrong with talking a little smack after you win. That is all in good fun when you have a good rivalry. I hope that the other stuff has stopped because I have always enjoyed my trips to Baton Rouge in the past. WDE!!

Both teams played great and both programs are on the right track. It was a great heart felt game on both sides...awesome to watch.

First of all I'd just like to say thanks to geauxscott and GeauxTigers for being classy in their posts!! I think we all agree that the game was a lot of fun to watch, I wish the outcome would have been different, but I was glad to see our team hang in there and at least have a shot at winning. That's one of the most encouraging things to me is the fact that in both of our losses we weren't ever really out of the game....

Having said all of that, I do hope that all the animosity is gone as I think most of us understand that its just a game, and it's more fun to know that you won't have any physical problems and it's a lot of fun to have someone taunting you (playfully before a game), and then hopefully your team can pull out the win and those same people aren't talking as much leaving the game. I think that AU showed a lot last night, and I think our future looks bright, but I'm still not giving up on this year. If Bama can beat LSU, and we can win the rest of our games we can still go to Atlanta correct?? I am hoping that Shockley will be alright at UGA, as I'd love nothing more than to win out and ruin UGA's undefeated season, and Bama's in back to back weeks. But for now we must focus on Ole Miss as you can't take any games for granted in this league, which is the thing I wish more outside of this conference understood why it is so hard to go undefeated in the league, or even have one loss for that matter, but after last years not getting a shot at the title I've come to think that earning respect from our peers in the SEC and their fans probably means more to me than what people in the media think....we'll really never know how good teams are until we get a playoff, and I don't see it happening. It's just frustrating to see such a subjective system in place, as I don't think Texas Tech was a Top 10 team....it's funny that they were ranked that high on their "weak schedule" and AU had a schedule considered weak last year and it took us what seemed to be forever to get respect and become a top 10 team (but i'm sure someone will find a stat to prove that we were actually in the top 10 sooner than I remember, but I hope you understand what I'm saying)....

**Also, had to add this since I just watched highlights again, that catch by the LSU's receiver Bowe was one of the best I've seen all year, that showed great concentration and props to him for sticking with it and making the grab!!

Anyways, I think it was a great game and I know I had a great time watching it. Here to many more years of the same (except with different results) :cheers:

War Eagle !!!

I don't think Texas Tech was a Top 10 team....it's funny that they were ranked that high on their "weak schedule" and AU had a schedule considered weak last year and it took us what seemed to be forever to get respect and become a top 10 team (but i'm sure someone will find a stat to prove that we were actually in the top 10 sooner than I remember, but I hope you understand what I'm saying)....

191812[/snapback]

Even if Auburn was ranked in the top ten as early in last season as TT was this year, it would only be after knocking two other teams out of the top ten. I don't think it was a result of infatuation with the "big" 12. Perhaps TT's gawdy stats gets them some publicity, but did they not get lucky and squeak by a bad Nebraska team a couple of weeks back? I am not sure about that, as I don't follow "big" 12 football. And what's the deal with listing the number of schools in your conference's name? "Big 12" - sounds like some sort of appliance sold on Bourbon St!!

Ok I saw the replay of the game last night and I noticed I left out a key compliment to the AU team.

AU's recievers are HUGE !!!

191903[/snapback]

Thanks for all the props and compliments on our team. It was a terrific game that I almost had to quit watching several times, b/c I could feel the ulcer coming on, or it was all the fingernails in my stomach from chewing them off.

They are big...Aromashadu 6'2" 204.....Obomanu 6'1" 205...Taylor 6'2" 206....Anthony Mix 6' 5" 252 (will have the best NFL career IMO). Too bad they couldn't catch the ball Saturday night. LSU should win out, but I hope Bama beats you so we can beat Bama and go to Atlanta !!!!!!! :poke:

WAR EAGLE !!!!

First of all I'd just like to say thanks to geauxscott and GeauxTigers for being classy in their posts!! I think we all agree that the game was a lot of fun to watch, I wish the outcome would have been different, but I was glad to see our team hang in there and at least have a shot at winning. That's one of the most encouraging things to me is the fact that in both of our losses we weren't ever really out of the game....

Having said all of that, I do hope that all the animosity is gone as I think most of us understand that its just a game, and it's more fun to know that you won't have any physical problems and it's a lot of fun to have someone taunting you (playfully before a game), and then hopefully your team can pull out the win and those same people aren't talking as much leaving the game. I think that AU showed a lot last night, and I think our future looks bright, but I'm still not giving up on this year. If Bama can beat LSU, and we can win the rest of our games we can still go to Atlanta correct?? I am hoping that Shockley will be alright at UGA, as I'd love nothing more than to win out and ruin UGA's undefeated season, and Bama's in back to back weeks. But for now we must focus on Ole Miss as you can't take any games for granted in this league, which is the thing I wish more outside of this conference understood why it is so hard to go undefeated in the league, or even have one loss for that matter, but after last years not getting a shot at the title I've come to think that earning respect from our peers in the SEC and their fans probably means more to me than what people in the media think....we'll really never know how good teams are until we get a playoff, and I don't see it happening. It's just frustrating to see such a subjective system in place, as I don't think Texas Tech was a Top 10 team....it's funny that they were ranked that high on their "weak schedule" and AU had a schedule considered weak last year and it took us what seemed to be forever to get respect and become a top 10 team (but i'm sure someone will find a stat to prove that we were actually in the top 10 sooner than I remember, but I hope you understand what I'm saying)....

**Also, had to add this since I just watched highlights again, that catch by the LSU's receiver Bowe was one of the best I've seen all year, that showed great concentration and props to him for sticking with it and making the grab!!

Anyways, I think it was a great game and I know I had a great time watching it. Here to many more years of the same (except with different results) :cheers:    

War Eagle !!!

191812[/snapback]

You are right, no way Texas Tech was in the same caliber with Texas, Va Tech, UGA, or the other top 10 teams. That is why Corso and Herbstreit went back and forth on the point spread during gameday predictions. It ended with Corso saying 51 I think. If they are voting the the ESPN poll, where did they rank Texas Tech?? Be interestign to see, if that was any telling sign, then there is obviously some ignorant folks voting. I knew Texas would blow them out, but thought TT would still score some. But Texas has a good D...They will beat the crap out of USC.

Ok I saw the replay of the game last night and I noticed I left out a key compliment to the AU team.

191903[/snapback]

Thanks for all the props and compliments on our team. It was a terrific game that I almost had to quit watching several times, b/c I could feel the ulcer coming on, or it was all the fingernails in my stomach from chewing them off.

They are big...Aromashadu 6'2" 204.....Obomanu 6'1" 205...Taylor 6'2" 206....Anthony Mix 6' 5" 252 (will have the best NFL career IMO). Too bad they couldn't catch the ball Saturday night. LSU should win out, but I hope Bama beats you so we can beat Bama and go to Atlanta !!!!!!! :poke:

WAR EAGLE !!!!

192089[/snapback]

Mix is a BEAST!! Is he a senior, I hope so.....I don't want to have to worry about him next season.

191903[/snapback]

WAR EAGLE !!!!

192089[/snapback]

Mix is a BEAST!! Is he a senior, I hope so.....I don't want to have to worry about him next season.

192097[/snapback]

Mix, Aromashadu, and Obomanu are seniors. Taylor is a Junior. Mix has the size and hands and decent enough speed to be an effective WR in the NFL. Aromashadu and Obomanu both should get drafted also. I think Aromashadu is the fastest of the group. We got two or three underclassmen that will be very good, not as big, right now, but fast with good hands. Wait til you see Tommy Trott at TE next year.

Archived