Looking ahead

Cash Money

First off (from a LSU Tiger) great game this weekend. One of the most enjoyable games I have experienced in person and I don't just mean the outcome. LSU fans were into the game. Auburn brought a lot of fans who were as vocal as any opposing section I have seen in Tiger Stadium. Auburn brought the full band which my wife enjoyed. The weather was great and both teams fought hard.

Second, Tubby is under-rated as a coach nationally. No matter what opposing fans (myself included) feel about him, his teams come well prepared and ready to play.

Looking over your roster it seems like you lose alot of seniors this year. What do you think the chances are McGlover will head to the NFL? And what do you your team will look like next year?

McGlover has been injured this year and hasn't been a factor like he was last year. So I think that he stays, I think Courtney Taylor has had the same problem and stays. If you look at the players (Williams, Rogers, Brown, Brown, Dansby etc) that stayed for their SR season with Auburn none of them have regretted the decesion.

I haven't really thought ahead to next year yet to be honest.

first, it's McClover. second he's barely a starter on this year's team; he's not going anywhere. his stock at the end of last season was 10X what it is now. CT's too. they're both coming back.

we lose a fair number of seniors, but not nearly as many as we have in past years. we lose both tackles, but return the interior line and the two most likely replacements have both played a lot (one, king dunlap, has started). we lose three receivers (aromashodu, obomanu, and mix), but we'll get back ct and pre so we should be okay there.

on defense we lose the best tackle we've had in a long time in tommy jackson, but we've got experience at that spot in josh thompson. we also lose wayne dickens, but he's a one year starter and we always seem to plug a senior in there. we lose a.t. and travis williams, but dede and sears both have extensive starting experience so you're really only replacing the guy in the middle. and the whole defensive backfield is back.

personally, i think next year's team is going to be scary good. much more experienced at key positions than this year's team with the exception of RT (which is more important with a left handed qb) and MLB.

Good breakdown mg. Yea, I agree there will not be any early defections with the lack of playing time for both CT and Stanley Mac. I've also said several times recently that the losses of TJ and Dickens in the middle are going to hurt more than we know. Thompson has been sidelined much of the year and even when he's healthy, he's not a starter. We've got some guys coming in but that position will be a question mark.

Dede has become a beast at LB and Sears should dominate as a senior. I truly think the next Travis Williams will be the "Little Ball of Hate", Tray Blackmon. This team will be loaded with speed and talent, but there will be some big shoes to fill at a couple of positions. (I didn't mention McNeil because I can't bring myself to think about that loss :D )

McClover isn't going anywhere anytime soon...our pass rush has been pretty weak this year. Not sure what the problem is...

My biggest fear is losing our receivers. Great receivers make a good QB look great, that's how UF's QB won the Heisman years back. Our 3 great receivers weren't so great last Saturday at LSU, but I have a feeling every game could look like that next year if we don't have 3 guys step in and perform like Aromashodu, Obomanu, and Mix have.

(BTW, any thoughts on all 3 of those being drafted? If so, quite an accomplishment from the 2004 team to have all of the skill players drafted...)

first, it's McClover.

192525[/snapback]

Ya I goofed sorry, no idea why I said McGlover, probably cause its a more common name and one of those online things. Like when you say I was going to go over there, but say I was going to go over their.

I know it is easy to look ahead, but remember we still have 6 games left....lets enjoy the seniors we have now and start looking ahead in January.....but I do agree, there are going to be several "BIG SHOES" to fill on the DL and OL.....

First off (from a LSU Tiger) great game this weekend.  One of the most enjoyable games I have experienced in person and I don't just mean the outcome.  LSU fans were into the game.  Auburn brought a lot of fans who were as vocal as any opposing section I have seen in Tiger Stadium.  Auburn brought the full band which my wife enjoyed.  The weather was great and both teams fought hard.

Second, Tubby is under-rated as a coach nationally.  No matter what opposing fans (myself included) feel about him, his teams come well prepared and ready to play.

Looking over your roster it seems like you lose alot of seniors this year.  What do you think the chances are McGlover will head to the NFL?  And what do you your team will look like next year?

192518[/snapback]

Congrats on the win...it was a great game to watch...although painful at the end.

As for next year, we are loaded everywhere...including replacing the wr's...so beware. B)

:au::homer:

Archived