another week...

OKieAuburnDoug

That fumble call could have went either way. I would not call that a blown call. Cox was getting ready to throw, but if you will look closely, the ball looked like it may have been hit out of his hand right before his arm starting going forward. The reason the ball went forward was because the defensive guy hit it that way. That is a close one and I don't consider calls that close as a blown call. To me, a "blown call" is an obvious mistake. We have gotten a couple of bad calls that went our way, so why complain? Refs are human and there are going to be missed calls. That is part of the game. Players, coaches, and fans have to live with that in all sports.

WDE!!!!!

It was obvious on replay it was a fumble..sorry but the dude in the booth was just lazy...happens everywhere when it comes to instant replay later in the game when the game isn't in doubt...

OSU-Texas had a Texas fumble that clearly was a fumble but wasn't reviewed...LAZY!

It could have gone either way, but i was a little annoyed they didn't atleast review it. Officiating wasn't to bad other than the refs never seen to care if Cox gets hit late. They were a little rough on the PI calls against Irons I guess.

Guest Tigrinum Major
It was obvious on replay it was a fumble..sorry but the dude in the booth was just lazy...happens everywhere when it comes to instant replay later in the game when the game isn't in doubt...

OSU-Texas had a Texas fumble that  clearly was a fumble but wasn't reviewed...LAZY!

193562[/snapback]

Bobby Gaston awaits your application this week for replay official.

OSU-Texas had a Texas fumble that  clearly was a fumble but wasn't reviewed...LAZY!

193562[/snapback]

193840[/snapback]

I have a question about pentalies. If there is interference, should it matter whether the ball is catchable or not? If a player interferes with another player'd movement shouldn't something be called whether the ball is declared catchable or not. The way some players are capable of catching a ball, I don't see how a ref can declare any uncatchable. Some guys are just great with how they can catch, even one handed.

The ref has to determine if the ball was even catchable for it to be PI. You make a great point about the athletic ability of many of these receivers and their ability to make a great catch, so I think the pass should have to be way off before that call is made.

There were some tough calls this weekend and fortunately, there was replay on Tre's fumble. Even after watching the replay, I couldn't say because I wasn't sure what the rule was about a player touching it while out of bounds. I'm glad the ref knew the rule.

Guest Tigrinum Major

193562[/snapback]

193840[/snapback]

I have a question about pentalies. If there is interference, should it matter whether the ball is catchable or not? If a player interferes with another player'd movement shouldn't something be called whether the ball is declared catchable or not. The way some players are capable of catching a ball, I don't see how a ref can declare any uncatchable. Some guys are just great with how they can catch, even one handed.

193886[/snapback]

If the ball is not yet in flight and a receiver (or defender) is held or interfered with, the call is holding. Makes no difference if the subsequent pass is over thrown or uncatchable.

If the ball is in flight, the pass has to be determined to be a catchable ball and the call is pass interference.

The position of the ball at the time of the foul determines the correct call.

Archived