Headed in the RIGHT direction

StatTiger

We are headed into the stretch run of our season against two quality opponents. No matter what happens, I do like the direction Coach Tommy Tuberville has our program headed. There have been some slips and bumps along the way but I believe he has done it the right way.

Here is something to keep in mind...

From 1999-2001 our average margin of victory was 12 pts. Our average margin of defeat was 16 pts.

From 2002-2005, our average margin of victory has been 24 pts and our average margin of defeat has been 12 pts. Take out the Hugh Nall era ( error :smooth ) and our average margin of defeat is 8 pts. Simply put, our football program is much stronger now than 1999 and we are still improving. Tuberville has grown as our HFC and his current staff is one of the best, if not the best in the SEC, IMO.

War Eagle! :au::football::cheer:

Beat :uga:

Agreed. I could only imagine what the team might look like at this point after losing their "entire" offense last year had they not been building for a few years now. To start a Sophomore at QB and no runnung back established before the season started, they have turned into a pretty good team this year.

The best thing you can say is that they have a chance in any game they play now.

:cheer:

Before the season began, would anyone have believed that AUBURN would have the SEC's #1 offense 9 games into the season? :au::cheer:

Not only those stats, but also the quality of the young men he has brought into the program. As has been stated on this board often, CTT has brought more than just discipline, b/c I don't even think he has to do that anymore....the young men that come in quickly see and learn about unity...not just the unity b/t the players and coaches, but also about being in unity with God. I think these guys come in knowing that this program has a respect unmatched in the ranks of college football. A sense of pride is instilled to keep the Auburn name synonymous with dignity, class, and respect.

I spoke to CTT at church yesterday. I asked how he was doing? He said doing good...Not looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Two toughest games coming up. Saying all this with a smile on his face. Like a fox in a hen house kinda.

Thought this was interesting.....

heard that Stan White passed this little tidbit of information along on baldie's show last week. Auburn is #2 in the nation in the number of senior football players that have already graduated. I believe if what I was told was right then we have 9 while miami has 11. Another tell tell sign of quality individuals that are in our program.

I totally agree our coaching staff is one of the best in the country.....I honesty believe that the talent among all the schools is basically equal....I know in some ways, there might be a faster kid or a stronger kid, but overall it boils down to coaching.....I think a good example is FSU, they seem to have the top recruited class every year, but they don't seem to get that out on the field....where we are listed in the middle of the pack, we seem to be at the top when they take the field and after their playing days.....

:au::D

WAR EAGLE!!!!

.....I think a good example is FSU, they seem to have the top recruited class every year, but they don't seem to get that out on the field....WAR EAGLE!!!!

195908[/snapback]

Or Tennesee! I also think we get more "per star" from our recruiting classes than LSU has.

Archived