Baseball playoffs

Ranger12

Justice was all about himself. He was stirring up alot of trouble in the clubhouse by claiming some racial discrimination in the organization. An organization whose most famous player and still works for the Braves is a black man- Hank Aaron. Braves got rid of Justice not long after all that. It is killing me to hear him do the broadcast for my Red Sox game right now.

Justice was all about himself. He was stirring up alot of trouble in the clubhouse by claiming some racial discrimination in the organization. An organization whose most famous player and still works for the Braves is a black man- Hank Aaron. Braves got rid of Justice not long after all that. It is killing me to hear him do the broadcast for my Red Sox game right now.

Well said, ranger... And Justice simply wasn't that good of a player... He was a mediocre major league player. In fact, the only reason he was so popular in Atlanta, was because he took Dale Murphy's spot in right field and hit over 30 homers his first year. It kind of endeared him to SOME FANS....NOT ME.. I didn't like him from day one, and his disrespect for the game. The second worse thing to watching JUSTICE play baseball is listening to him commentate.... :puke::puke::puke::puke:

well we might not agree on college football teams, but at least we can get along on baseball teams. I am a Huge Braves fan. When I was playing little league ball my favorite player was/is Dale Murphy and I started wearing his number 3, and the number stuck with me all the way through end of high school from baseball, basketball, and football.

Now my Favorite Braves players are Marcus Giles, and Andruw Jones. Everyone is right about the Braves "dynasty" though. just making playoffs in baseball = something like Co-SEC Champions without going to Atlanta to play for championship. I also Agree that scherholtz (sp) has bulit the braves and kept the Braves as contenders Heck Leo Mazzone does more coaching that Cox does. All Cox is good for is Arguing and getting ejected.

Well, my Red Sox are down 0-2. They first game made me sick to my stomach. Staying up to 2 am for a game to end like that is enough to make me want to be a Tigers fan. Between :au: and the Red Sox, I am going to have an ulcer as a fan. B)

Well said, ranger... And Justice simply wasn't that good of a player... He was a mediocre major league player. In fact, the only reason he was so popular in Atlanta, was because he took Dale Murphy's spot in right field and hit over 30 homers his first year. It kind of endeared him to SOME FANS....NOT ME.. I didn't like him from day one, and his disrespect for the game. The second worse thing to watching JUSTICE play baseball is listening to him commentate.... :puke::puke::puke::puke:

I loved David Justice as a kid. (Luckily my parents kept the little-kid blinders on for a while.) When I realized how big of a jerk he was, I was glad the Braves dumped him. You may remember his comments about the Braves fans. He basically questioned their loyalty to the team and called them some of the worst fans in the majors WHILE HE WAS IN STILL PLAYING IN ATLANTA!!! What a jerk.

Red Sox win the third game!!!! Just two more to go. ;)

Ranger,

Gotta go for the A's in this series. They got a former auburn player in the rotation, so gotta go for them.. Plus, they have a player named ERIC BURNS...i'll give you two guesses what my name is... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ranger,

Gotta go for the A's in this series. They got a former auburn player in the rotation, so gotta go for them.. Plus, they have a player named ERIC BURNS...i'll give you two guesses what my name is... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but if there is one place where my loyalty for former :au: players ends, it is when it involves them playing my Red Sox. Red Sox have former Jack State player on their team with Todd Jones, even though he did not get on the Division series roster. He will be on the ALCS and World Series rosters if we make it that far I am sure. So you are pulling for the A's because of Tim Hudson, but also partly because a player on the team shares your name. Too funny. :lol: Guess I can't blame you. Do you pretend like it is really you out there. ;)

Red Sox win game four!!! Back to the left coast to take Game 5!!! Pedro will shut them down.

Ranger,

Sorry, but if there is one place where my loyalty for former :au: players ends, it is when it involves them playing my Red Sox. Red Sox have former Jack State player on their team with Todd Jones, even though he did not get on the Division series roster. He will be on the ALCS and World Series rosters if we make it that far I am sure. So you are pulling for the A's because of Tim Hudson, but also partly because a player on the team shares your name. Too funny. :lol: Guess I can't blame you. Do you pretend like it is really you out there. ;)

Red Sox win game four!!! Back to the left coast to take Game 5!!! Pedro will shut them down.

Have pulled for the A's ever since Hudson got there. Not much of a baseball fan (collegiate) anyway lately, but do want the A's to win. Never cared a lick about the Red Sox or any other American League team (except for while BO was playing both in KC, and Chicago.) Would pull for the whitesox if they ever got into post season too.... LIke seeing former auburn players being successful. On the other issue, NO, I don't pretend like it is me out there....I did do a double take to the TV the first time i heard it though..LOL. Believe me i would never be able to hit...LOL....

Well, the Cubs put the Braves out of their misery...

I couldn't help but think that the Cubs reminded me of the 1991 Atlanta team that had the young arms going...Smoltz, Glavine and Avery have given way to Wood, Prior and Zambrano.

Good luck to them against the Marlins.

I wonder how much a $5 March wager on either of those teams to get to the World Series would be worth now...

Well, ranger, guess you're a happy feller tonight with the BoSox winning...

A Cubs-Red Sox WS is still possible...the apocalypse is near. B)

my goodness, the red sox nation lives even in auburn, alabama! i was sweating bullets with those guys tonight. dunno why i cheered for the sox all this time other than one of my earliest diamond memories was the 86 series. yanks/sox for the american league pennant? doesn't get any better. the matchups will be awkward, but if the boston bats wake up (manny and ortiz had the game winners the last two games!) they may be able to just swat the yanks out of the playoffs.

it looks like wakefield/mussina game 1 and maybe burkett/pettite game 2. advantage yanks, but boston could counter with pedro and lowe in 3 and 4. advantage sox in boston, wow. this could be really fun. plus lowe in game 4 means he could be in the bullpen all series long. great, great playoffs with the cubbies over the bravos, marlins over the best player in the league, sox coming back from 0-2, yanks/sox... i'm not even a huge baseball guy, but wow.

Well, ranger, guess you're a happy feller tonight with the BoSox winning...

A Cubs-Red Sox WS is still possible...the apocalypse is near. B)

You ain't kidding!!! I could not sleep for hours after that win. Man they had me a nervous wreck. Can't remember the last time I felt so much relief after watching a game like that. I have always been an :au: man and Red Sox man and this was a great weekend for me. I used to do alot of businees up in the Red Sox area a few years ago and one of my vendors alwasy gave me their box seat tickets at Fenway. Boy do I miss that!

Red Sox win game 1 of the ALCS with Wakefield!!! It is our year, I gotta believe! Cubs win tonight also. C'mon Red Sox/Cubs World Series!

Archived