Al Borges

Ryan Sanders

Al Borges shows week after week why he is so great.. but you've got to question? Do you think he wants to be a headcoach one day? He is making a case now more than ever. I really hope he stays for years and years, and I pesonally don't think he is too interested in becoming a HC. I think he deserves some little pay raise after this season.

He got burned once making the jump to head coach, although not entire because of circumstances under his control. I hope that makes him a little more cautious about going that route again, but who knows? I'm sure plenty of opportunities are going to come knocking!

He's got a great thing going here right now, though. And, dare I say it, a real shot at a future MNC with Brandon Cox and our young running backs. I'm certainly in favor of finding the $$$ to remind him of that!

Remember how many people thought he was like the 2nd or 3rd best candidate of the people CTT interviewed!

He has another two years on his contract I think (didnt we get him a 3 year gig after last year?). In interviews he has said that his lust for a head coaching job back at UCLA is what landed him in football hell as he called it. Mentioned he got that idea out of his head and is not to worried about it now.

I think he really enjoys it here and believes it to be a blessing. I don't know how he would place being a head coach, but seeing the peices that have been done on him and the child they adopted he really seems to be a strong family man. Taking a head coaching job would really cut into that, and his family is very very new.

Guess what I am saying is I just get the vibe that he really enjoys his place in life atm. Maybe down the road a head coaching job, but I think he finishes his contract with us first at the least.

I remember people freaking out, I spent a day telling people to look at those UCLA teams he was with lol. Course Slink gets the top dog award with his "watch this guy lead ya'll to the Sugar Bowl" comment lol.

Archived