LSU QB Shows The Punk He Is

aucanucktiger

Props to the Bama D lineman that showed rare sportsmanship after LSUs emotional OT TD by giving the hood handshake to LSU's Dante Culpepper-wannabe QB...only to have LSU's "finest" thump his chest @ the Bama player like a 15 year old. Class.

Props to the Bama D lineman that showed rare sportsmanship after LSUs emotional OT TD by giving the hood handshake to LSU's Dante Culpepper-wannabe QB...only to have LSU's "finest" thump his chest @ the Bama player like a 15 year old. Class.

198020[/snapback]

Well, I guess its how you look at it. Jamarcus does that alot and it wasn't directed towards the player, he was celebrating the game winning touchdown. It seems you are the only one upset about it, including the Bama D-lineman.

I have no problem with it. He just threw the game winning TD pass against the team he was to play for at one time. Football is an emotional game. Russell was showing some emotion, no problem. IMO.

198020[/snapback]

After JR disproves all of his doubters, its only natural for people to take a shot at him elsewhere. Yeah, he just beat the only undefeated SEC team in OT and he is so classless.

20-17.

198020[/snapback]

First of all he didn't do it "at" him. He was pumped up about a huge SEC win in over time on the road. He gave the guy dap and then did it.

Second of all it's a friend of his from Alabama.

JR did not thump his chest at the UA lineman. He was just celebrating a huge win and more than likely a trip to the SEC championship.

Every team celebrates to a degree, can't see where UA would be offended with the throat slashing jesture or the we just beat the H*** cheer they have done this year.

No different than TJ running up and down the field with an AU flag after a win.

BTW, LSU didn't pull a Tennessee and jump on Bama's logo or plant a flag at mid-field or taunt the Bama fans with their victory. They just dog-piled in the endzone while Bama fans showered them with cups, ice and bottles.

I didnt think it was classless at all. You better believe if I was Russell I would be humping the goal post after that incredible throw.

The UAT player was a highschool team mate and good friend. He is the UAT defensive end from Mobile. It's just how times have changed. That jesture however would have been classless many years ago. Now its okay.

198020[/snapback]

I don't think he was being a punk at all. I think he was psyched they won a hard fought game and slapped the guys hand like a low five. I think the uat player was attempting to do a much less enthusiastic low five to tell JR 'good game.'

Guest Tigrinum Major
Did the LSU fans sing Rammer Jammer?

198058[/snapback]

We can only hope.

I agree that Russell wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Emotions were high at the end.

Did the LSU fans sing Rammer Jammer?

198058[/snapback]

We can only hope.

I agree that Russell wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Emotions were high at the end.

198069[/snapback]

No we (the fans I was near) didn't sing Rammer Jammer. However, after so many of our pass plays being replayed, we chanted "REPLAY! REPLAY!" after the game winner.

I brought my trumpet to Gameday and played the Geaux Tigers cheer and Chinese Bandits right around 11. The several hundred students there got pumped about that.

The didn't sing rammer jammer because they were too busy kissing.

198164[/snapback]

Hey, I was just really happy man. Cut me some slack. Can't a guy just make out with his buddy without everyone making a big deal??

:puke::puke::puke:

198020[/snapback]

Wow. Talk about stretching to find a fault. The guy just completes probably the biggest pass of his life, winning the biggest SEC game of the year, in overtime no less, actually stops to give some props to the opposition before he celebrates, and you have a problem with it. Thank God most of the people on this board have enough sense to disagree with you. Somehow I don't think you'd be calling him a "punk" if he was from Minnesota. Reach back and try to pull your head out of you ass.

Okay, someone who taped the game should clarify this, but the only time I remember JR banging his chest was after the FIRST touchdown he threw. I remember this because the UA guy did help him up and THEN JR did that, and I thought "Wow - hope he doesn't get flagged for doing that in the guy's face." I also recall when it was because on GameDay, they made it look like he did that right after the OT pass - when I seem to remember him running down to the endzone and piling on with everyone else - they just edited it to look like that was when he did it.

Anyone else remember it like this??

Okay, someone who taped the game should clarify this, but the only time I remember JR banging his chest was after the FIRST touchdown he threw.  I remember this because the UA guy did help him up and THEN JR did that, and I thought "Wow - hope he doesn't get flagged for doing that in the guy's face."  I also recall when it was because on GameDay, they made it look like he did that right after the OT pass - when I seem to remember him running down to the endzone and piling on with everyone else - they just edited it to look like that was when he did it.

Anyone else remember it like this??

198173[/snapback]

No, it was after the OT TD....here is a clip of the last play. You can see the Bama fan get JR's attention, he then turns around slaps his hand. On this clip the cut away from JR right before he bangs his chest. this is it. But if you have seen the video of him banging his chest you can tell that this is where it happens.

http://media.putfile.com/LSU-vs-Bama-

I'm not saying it didn't happen but I didn't see JR bang his chest after the OT TD but I definitely did see him do it earlier in the game as Jenny says. I thought then that wasn't a smart thing to do. I'm not knocking JR but this is a habit the coaches should squelch. Intended or not, it delivers the wrong perspective. JMHO.

198020[/snapback]

He may be a punk, but you picked the wrong thing to call him out on.

Russell and that lineman are friends from high school days. They were just doing what folks do.

Archived