Quick Brodie Question

CarolinaTiger

hi all...all i saw of the game was the last drive there, where bama scored.

why was brodie not in? was he hurt, or was shula just letting #14 play out the string in a losing cause?

John Parker Wilson was in there because the game was more than likely sealed, so my guess (all it can be), is that Shula was just letting the guy who will more than likely be our starter next year get some snaps in a game of this magnitude. Only a guess, but that's my .02

He did hit a nice deep ball though...

I think he wanted Jonathan Taylor Thomas to get a sniff of the Iron Bowl.

199688[/snapback]

oh god, here we go again....

oh by the way, all of you who were complaining we were "Classless" when we beat UF and DJ HAll was shown doing the "throat slash", where are y'all now when "Jae" Whit??? whatever his name is was shown clearly on the screen doing it about 3 times???

Not taking away from y'alls win... just pointing out that it's different when the shoe is on the other foot. It's just a gesture... it's an emotional game, people get caught up in it... doesn't mean anyone is CLASSLESS

Because either:

A. The only way Bama's offense was going to score @ that point was w/ a Hail Mary...and anybody's 4th stringer can do that, or

B. Shula can't coach his way out of a paper bag, or

C. Both

Go :arky: and :om::om:

hi all...all i saw of the game was the last drive there, where bama scored.

why was brodie not in? was he hurt, or was shula just letting #14 play out the string in a losing cause?

199681[/snapback]

CT, I think it was a classy move on Shulla's part -- bench Brody & save him from total humiliation. At one point, Crody had suffered more sacks than he had completed passes. The AU DL was just teeing off & going for distance on obvious passing situations. Had Brodie got hurt in those last few minutes ... ... Good move on Shulla's part.

199688[/snapback]

oh god, here we go again....

oh by the way, all of you who were complaining we were "Classless" when we beat UF and DJ HAll was shown doing the "throat slash", where are y'all now when "Jae" Whit??? whatever his name is was shown clearly on the screen doing it about 3 times???

Not taking away from y'alls win... just pointing out that it's different when the shoe is on the other foot. It's just a gesture... it's an emotional game, people get caught up in it... doesn't mean anyone is CLASSLESS

199694[/snapback]

Yeah, here we go again... for the fourth time in a row.

And go away with your classless stuff, as long as your school sings Rammer Jammer after a win you will always be labeled classless.

199688[/snapback]

just a little iron bowl experience for phillip seymour hoffman. nothing more, nothing less...

Yeah, the throat slash and most of those antics are just punk anyway you look @ them. I thought you got a nickname when you did something special on the field? What, does Jonathan Wilhite think he'll be a pre-season all SEC next year? He's athletic (nice pass break up in the endzone) but he needs to take tackling 101. Then again Deon Sanders tackled like a little girl too...when he made the effort. David Irons needs to grow up and stop acting like it's the end of the game in the 1st quarter. It's more unusual I think for the guys from the state of Alabama to act classless, than it is for players from my state.

Anybody else notice how this became a typically reffed ironbowl in the 4th quarter? Now I'm as much for letting the players play the game as the next guy, but when it comes to player safety and calling violations that effect the play (NOT holding behind the play), it shouldn't make a difference WHAT time is left in the game. Holding calls that effected play and cheap shots were virtually ignored in the last quarter. This is the ONLY rivalry game where that's consistently the thinking by the refs. Most others, like FSU-UF or Mich-Ohio St. the refs make calls to preserve the game's INTEGRITY and control the high emotions. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Archived