rexbo

Team  G  Pts  Pts/G

1.  Alabama  11  118  10.7

2.  Virginia Tech  10  114  11.4

2.  Miami (FL)  10  114  11.4

4.  LSU            10  131  13.1

5.  Texas        10  143  14.3

6.  Auburn        11  162  14.7

Chizik's UT team gave up 29 points today, leaving them at 172 points total, and 15.6 points per game. Just thought it interesting that Gibbs with less(?) talent at Auburn this year than Chizik has at UT, came out ahead in the stat that matters most...

Just thought it interesting that Gibbs with less(?) talent at Auburn this year than Chizik has at UT, came out ahead in the stat that matters most...

201386[/snapback]

What matters most is wins and losses, right?

The Texas argument: we don't play Ball St, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kent..

Not saying I agree with it. Just saying they'd say it.

201394[/snapback]

Nah, most know that the Big 12 is hurting this year and that the teams from the North leave alot to be desired atm.

Texas was looking ahead and didn't expect that backup to do much.

Lot of Texas fans are freaking out with Chizik atm, Aggy busted them on the option and Ok State torched them between the tackles. Both had over 250 yards rushing I believe.

I went to Texas and have known that we had a cake walk since leaving the horseshoe.

Just thought it interesting that Gibbs with less(?) talent at Auburn this year than Chizik has at UT, came out ahead in the stat that matters most...

201386[/snapback]

201387[/snapback]

If Texas was in the SEC West...you'd have an argument.

Look at their schedule....a joke. Gibbs has done GREAT with our players.

Raven, when will you ever turn the corner? :blink:

201386[/snapback]

201387[/snapback]

201402[/snapback]

Did didn't say anything derogatory about Gibbs, jackarse. Gibbs has done a good job.

The bottom line is still wins and loses. :rolleyes:

The Texas argument: we don't play Ball St, Miss St, Ole Miss, Kent..

Not saying I agree with it. Just saying they'd say it.

201394[/snapback]

Nope, UT only plays LA-Lafeyette, Rice, Baylor & Kansas. I'd add Mizzou, Okie State & Kansas to that mix & throw in down years for OU & TAMU. That leaves the only legit teams UT has played being OSU, CU & Texas Tech. Their strength of schedule ranks them barely above uat's: Link

Team Rating 

91. Eastern Michigan (4-7) -0.1

92. Fla Atlantic (2-8) -0.1

93. Utah (6-5) -0.1

94. Auburn (8-2) -0.1

95. LSU (8-1) -0.1

96. North Texas (2-8) -0.1

97. Hawaii (4-6) -0.1

98. Texas (10-0) -0.1

99. Alabama (9-2) -0.1

100. Troy St (3-6) -0.2

Look, I don't want to take anything away from UT -- they have a good team with a legit Heisman Trophy candidate at QB. But don't forget that their 50 ppg average has been achieved against mediocre competition.

201386[/snapback]

201387[/snapback]

201402[/snapback]

Did didn't say anything derogatory about Gibbs, jackarse. Gibbs has done a good job.

The bottom line is still wins and loses. :rolleyes:

201404[/snapback]

Im a jackarse B)

201387[/snapback]

Yes, for head coaches. But this post was meant as a way to compare Defensive Coordinators....

I believe that Tuberville could hire me as DC and AU would still have a top rated defense. As long as Tuberville has a great OC such as Petrino and Borges, he'll be able to spend a lot of time with the defense, which is his thing, right? I'm not taking away from Gibbs or Chizik, but the defense in my opinion is a typical Tommy Tuberville defense. Since he's been at AU long enough to have his players in the system, AU's defense has been rated at the top. It will continue that way until he leaves. That of course is just my opinion.

Archived