(I didn't say who was disturbed.)

There is a disturbing trend at uat under Sheila's leadership:

2003  Auburn wins by 5  (28-23)  season record: 4-7

2004  Auburn wins by 8  (21-13)  season record: 6-6

2005  Auburn wins by 10  (28-18) season record: 9-2

2006  . . .

202177[/snapback]

i think the bolded portion is a pretty good trend... here's another one. More scholarship players signed, more wins. Next year (our first with a full alotment of scholly players) will be the real guage of how Shula is doing.

i think the bolded portion is a pretty good trend... here's another one. More scholarship players signed, more wins. Next year (our first with a full alotment of scholly players) will be the real guage of how Shula is doing.

Shula? Who was talking about Don I thought this thread was about Mike?

Anyone, that knows ANYTHING about football, who thinks uat will win 9 or more in '06, please raise your hand. :D

2003  Auburn wins by 5  (28-23)   season record: 4-7

2004  Auburn wins by 8   (21-13)  season record: 6-6

2006  . . .

202177[/snapback]

202182[/snapback]

I had no idea that more scholarship players signed = more wins...no wonder Alabama has sucked so bad!

I am amazed that UA continues to hold on to this scholarship reduction. Look at the players they had on the field this year. Unless I am mistaken these were not players that decided to go to UA instead of Troy or a Louisiana directional school. These players in most cases were all recruited by major schools including AU, TN, FL, GA and many were considered all world before they got there. Yes, there is a depth problem that could arise, but outside of their center, who was hurt for them this year? All of their 1st and 2nd team pretty much stayed healthy. So what is there issue? Something they do not want to face.

2003  Auburn wins by 5  (28-23)  season record: 4-7

2004  Auburn wins by 8  (21-13)  season record: 6-6

2006  . . .

202177[/snapback]

202182[/snapback]

I had no idea that more scholarship players signed = more wins...no wonder Alabama has sucked so bad!

202208[/snapback]

A full roster didn't help these schools did it? Arizona, Washington St., Mississippi St., Arkansas, Tennessee, Idaho, San Jose St., Utah St., New Mexico St., Utah St., Hawaii, UNLV, Air Force, Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Syracuse, Duke, Wake Forest, Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Rice or Tulane

the way i view bammer scholly problems, they were limited sure, but they still got the best players, they gave their top picks the scholorship, if bama would have had twice the schlorhips they would still likley have offered the same players as they were bams first choice. What bama misses by the lack of scholorships is scrub players they really did not want anyway, not above the guys they signed. If bama's players suck, then that is 100 percent the faught of shula for not finding good talent or waisting good talent he has, having another 5 to pick from each year wont matter. And Auburn lost 35 or so back in the 90s and was not allowed to be on TV, bama lost 25 and was allowed to be on tv. How did AU do in the 90s? decent, even with a dumbass coach.

also bammers, shula took over a 10 win team and won 4 games. WAR EAGLE.

Anyone, that knows ANYTHING about football, who thinks uat will win 9 or more in '06, please raise your hand. biggrin.gif

And anyone who said before the season started this year...that we would have 9 or more wins...please raise your hand.

For the record, our starters have talent, our backups do not. The only two OL who played against AU that would have had an offer from us with or without probation...were freshmen.

bg?!

Glad to see you are still around!

p.s. Nice sig pic! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

p.s.s. uat IS back..........Where they belong. B)

I am amazed that UA continues to hold on to this scholarship reduction. Look at the players they had on the field this year. Unless I am mistaken these were not players that decided to go to UA instead of Troy or a Louisiana directional school. These players in most cases were all recruited by major schools including AU, TN, FL, GA and many were considered all world before they got there.  Yes, there is a depth problem that could arise, but outside of their center, who was hurt for them this year? All of their 1st and 2nd team pretty much stayed healthy. So what is there issue? Something they do not want to face.

202213[/snapback]

And correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not), but depth is usually not a problem IN THE FIRST QUARTER!!!!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Anyone, that knows ANYTHING about football, who thinks uat will win 9 or more in '06, please raise your hand. biggrin.gif

And anyone who said before the season started this year...that we would have 9 or more wins...please raise your hand.

For the record, our starters have talent, our backups do not. The only two OL who played against AU that would have had an offer from us with or without probation...were freshmen.

202227[/snapback]

Its all BS is you ask me....

LSU fans should not worry about what the "media" is saying we are in the SECCG and AU is not. We won the head to head therefore we deserve to be there. It was not luck either that LSU won.........both teams left opportunities on the field.

THAT BEING SAID.........I'M GLAD WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AU AGAIN!!! :P   :D  :lol:

202228[/snapback]

BG...y'all will win about 8-9 games due to that pathetic schedule. But it will be 5 in a row next year. How many starters did you lose on defense this year? 10 out of 11 I believe? Brodie is gone.....and although my prayers are with Prothro, his playing days could be over.

Your offense couldnt score this year, your dominant power was the defense...and you lose that this year.

Shhhhhh....Don't tell 'em Vatz. Let 'em get all pumped up...again. :D

Question for you guys.......Why do y'all call him SHEILA??? I've seen this for a couple of years on numerous boards, just never asked why!

202248[/snapback]

For some unknown reason it really gets some of their nipples in a twist. Anything that does that warrants being done over and over.

my point about the scholarship limitations is exactly what BG said... yeah, we had good talent in our starters... our second string though was a lil weak, and our depth was horrible. We have depth at QB (if you call having 3 scholly QB's signed depth, they still aren't experienced) and RB, but no real depth at OL, DL, or our secondary. If any of our starters got hurt, you saw what was going to happen.

That was my point that more scholly players means more wins. If you have the full 85 scholly players, you can deal with 2 or 3 getting hurt. If you only have 65 or 70, you are limited in how many skill players you can sign, which hurts your depth, and number of quality backups you can sign

But y'all already knew that...

Out of curiousity. Does anyone remember the talk a few years back about its Alabama, its the Capstone, and we don't need scholarships because regardless top notch athletes want to play for Alabama and will come here?

Now you see alot of talk about how it affected Alabama.

Not saying any of the Bama fans on this board said that, but there was a large contingency that did across the state.

2006  . . .

202177[/snapback]

202182[/snapback]

202208[/snapback]

Well yea!! "players signed = more wins" when the bear was there UAT had 400 people on scholarships. Don't you remember thier 280 pound track and field stars?

There are about 114 Div. 1 football programs w/ full scholarship ability. About 30 of them had years that were worth a crap w/ those "full scholarship" allotments. What makes you think just because Bama will have all its scholarships adding "some" depth that Coach Cute will be able to beat good teams when he struggled to beat the likes of Ole Miss, Arky & Southern Miss w/ a team that's 90% there? (And if you think Bama's special to recruits any more...outside the kids that grew up Bama fans...you ARE seriously delusional. Bama now signs kids that grew up Bama fans AND that Bama went after, or kids that like things like their hostesses, the bar-b-que @ some restuarant in Tuscaloser, it's close to home, etc. )

2006  . . .

202177[/snapback]

202182[/snapback]

Here's yet another trend. The more wins :ua: has, the worse :au: beats them. Here's hoping the mullets have another outstanding season in '06. See you in Tommy Tuberville Stadium.

Out of curiousity.  Does anyone remember the talk a few years back about its Alabama, its the Capstone, and we don't need scholarships because regardless top notch athletes want to play for Alabama and will come here?

Now you see alot of talk about how it affected Alabama.

Not saying any of the Bama fans on this board said that, but there was a large contingency that did across the state.

202343[/snapback]

Not too mention how often we heard about their fantastic "Top 10 or better" recruiting classes of the last two years!

Archived