Question

I've seen them just pick it up by hand, vaccuum it up, and I've also seen them burn it down. They have one of those little rigs that looks sort of like a golf cart with a giant leaf blower on the back and the big tube on the side where they pull around and suck it up. I really don't know how they get the bulk of it up, but I'm guessing the majority of it is just done by walking around and picking it up. Usually mostly cleaned up by the end of the weekend.

:au:

I've seen them just pick it up by hand, vaccuum it up, and I've also seen them burn it down.  They have one of those little rigs that looks sort of like a golf cart with a giant leaf blower on the back and the big tube on the side where they pull around and suck it up.  I really don't know how they get the bulk of it up, but I'm guessing the majority of it is just done by walking around and picking it up.  Usually mostly cleaned up by the end of the weekend.

:au:

202633[/snapback]

Wow. Now there is a guy doing that job that I don't envy.

I've often wondered the same thing.

In a related matter, might I suggest to everyone that buying stock in toilet paper companies looks to be a good investment for the foreseeable future of the Tuberville era! :thumbsup:

has anyone else noticed the the large crane/cherrypicker right there next to the trees on toomers? Its there everytime recently i have rolled, perhaps that has something to do with it?

ATLauburnfan

I saw on TV that Auburn is the only city known to have a line item in its budget for toilet paper removal! That piece said they hose it down - probably the fire department?

Speak of classless, the rumor is that in Tuskaloser, instead of using toilet paper for decorations, they wipe their nasty butts with it!!!! :puke: Can anyone verify this?

The morning after the :au::ua: game, we heard what we surmised was a street sweeper. Then while we were walking around at the corner a little while later, there were several guys raking up the tp that was on the ground and putting it into trash bags.

I've seen them hose down the big tree several times a day or two after a game. Usually the whole corner ends up soaking wet. Seems to me the worst part is having to clean up not just toilet paper, but soggy toilet paper.

Actually there is some truth in all of these.

They use the cherrypicker and firehoses. The hoses blast the TP out of the trees and other objects. Basically then there is this nasty, mushy pulp of toilet paper all over the ground everywhere. Then they use rakes and shovels and other implements to put it into containers and discard it. The firehoses are then used to wash off the sidewalks.

It really is amazing to watch them do this.

Archived