What happens if....

ATLauburnfan

Hey Guys,

Im not saying this is going to happen but say USC or Texas were to lose in there remaining game? would Penn State or LSU go to the Rose Bowl? this is assuming LSU wins the SEC championship.

ATLauburnfan?

go :lsu: i really hate :uga:

It would most likely be Penn State by virtue of the fact that the computers like them a little more. However, if LSU were to beat UGA soundly, I don't know what that would do to the rankings.

I think your right.... Penn St would probably get the nod since they are currently #3 in the BCS, that is assuming that an LSU win over UGA would not effect the BCS rankings?? LSU holds #3 in the AP and Coaches Polls and #4 behind PSU in the Harris Poll. The computers don't like LSU very much ranking them from 5th to 7th behind OSU, Oregon, and Va Tech. I don't think just beating UGA would vault them over PSU.

You know what my nightmare scenario is? USC loses and still gets to play in the Rose Bowl....I just have a feeling that the media (especially ESPN) would make some excuse like you can't win all of them and still say they are the best team in the country...I sure hope that they don't still get to play in the Rose Bowl if they lose, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised with all the love they get....but I think that Texas, Penn State would be a good matchup, I'd much rather watch that than USC vs. Texas, but regardless I just don't want USC to win (although I don't deny they are a good team, I just don't know if I believe they are as good as they are made out to be....having said that without a playoff we'll never really know how good most teams are as you really don't know how well they matchup with other teams by them playing one game). Anyways, enough with my rant.......but seriously folks I wouldn't doubt that if USC loses they'd still get to play in the Rose Bowl (sort of like some team a few years ago that lost its championship game and still went to the NC game.......but for some reason I can't remember who that was <_< )........btw how is that team that I can't think of the name doing this year? and what was their preseason rank? I seem to remember it being rather high..........

Unfortunately that team's preseason rank will be high once again in 2006. I don't want to believe that USC would pull a Chokelahoma either if they were to lose to UCLA, but the Bruins do actually have a better record than K-State did in '03. I am not sure about all the other intangibles like SOS, but they could be there no matter what. Think JoePa would take issue with that? :o

Either that or that great second half performance in the Iron Bowl would propel the tahd into the MNC game. Not sure which will really happen. :poke:

Guest Tigrinum Major

If any of these scenarios happen and LSU is left out of the BCS Title Game, look for Baton Rouge to implode.

Of course, the question is moot, as UGA will beat the Toonces Tigers this weekend.

Archived