SEC championship:which is best for AU?

BamaGrad03

I know this has probably been discussed ad nauseum but ive been out of pocket.

In the SEC CHampionship today...who are you guys pulling for? Which scenario is best for AU? UGA winning or LSU?

What are the possible bowl options for AU at this point?

If ya'll get Wisconsin I hope you beat the doo doo out of them. Im sick of teams with no defense getting love....

I think it might be better if Georgia wins. With us beating UGA in the late part of the season it could get voters and decesion makers thinking hey, Auburn might just be the best team in the SEC at this point.

A win for Georgia won't push them over us in the rankings, and I think it might drop LSU behind us in the rankings. Which may....... very big may....... get us in the Fiesta with a at large bid. Though I don't it happening and we end up in the Capital One Bowl.

Plus it will reduce the number of LSU whine posts on the board..... which might be the biggest benefit :big:

Doesn't matter who wins, AU is in the Capital One Bowl. According to the Bham News today, if USC loses to UCLA ( Big If) a deal has been done to send Auburn to the Fiesta to play USC.

It would benefit us more if LSU won. Wouldn't we get a share of the championship? That's the only benefit I see. Nothing will affect our bowl game, outside of a major breakdown of some good teams against some bad teams. It might affect our post-season bragging rights, whatever they're worth, if LSU wins too. LSU won't be ranked any higher than 3 by the seasons end, but a very good UGA team could drop below the top 15. If UGA wins, both will be close to the lower top 10.

Whatever the case, I think we're in for a great game. LSU has some fantastic talent with some veteran players that have gotten the job done when it counts this year, and UGA is out for redemption after being removed from the discussion table after a loss to UF (due to injury) and that close one with us. Everyone is writing UGA out, but they're seriously overlooking a great team thats a lot more worthy of a top 10 ranking than the annointed Fresno St.

Wouldn't we get a share of the championship?

203154[/snapback]

No

203156[/snapback]

Exactly. SEC rules specifically refer to "ties" for Divisional crowns, but there can be no ties for the Conference crown--winner of the championship game is it. As much flak as we get for claiming the co-West crowns that the SEC does award, I wouldn't want us claiming any sort of truly mythical "tie" for the conference crown anyway.

My only worry, should Geogia win, is that a two-loss LSU that beat us might throw a monkey wrench into all the other SEC bowl tie-ins and drop us lower than the Capital One bowl. A three-loss Georgia will be no threat in that regard. [That being said however, I've always like Georgia better in general than LSU.]

I don't worry too much about the polls & next year. As long as we win our bowl game, we should still finish in the top 10 and our last three victories--UGA, Bama, and probably Wisconsin--will have all been broadcast nationally. I don't see us starting next year at #1 or #2, but below that we'll be close enough to the top to have as much chance as anyone if the media's pre-season #1 or #2 "Darlings" falter. [As has become abundantly clear, unless one of them stumbles, the BCS championship is set before the season even begins. :angry: ]

I am telling you that Auburn is a LOCK for the Capital One Bowl no matter what happens tonight in the Ga. Dome. LSU was there last year, and we will have beaten UGA. LSU loses they might knock Bama out of the Cotton but i doubt it.

I'm not so sure UG won't jump over us in the polls; if they beat the #3 team in the country by 10+ points, that's a lot of press tonight and tomorrow, and it has been 3 weeks since we have even played. However, I guess there is also the chance that we might jump LSU, and even VT if they lose to FSU, and that could have us up to what, #7?

I think it's best that GA wins. This way, we don't have to hear from LSWho fans about how they've won 3 SEC championships in the last 5 years and how they're so dominant. This way, when we win 10 this year and then win the SEC championship we'll have won 2 SEC championships in 5 years just like GA and LSWho. So we set up the last half of the decade to take over dominance.

:au::homer:

I think UGA winning is of a lot more benefit for AU. We beat UGA so them winning will make our win look a lot better. Plus, if UGA wins it helps us out in the rankings, potentially letting us move up, passing LSU?? UGA shouldn't move in front of us since we beat them, but never know with the human polls.

OOOOOHHHHHH...that INT hurts LSU. sorry or the interruption.

Anyway, this will affect the BCS rankings also. Since LSU was #4 in the BCS rankings we should move to #9. Now if FSU upsets Va Tech then we should move into the top 8 of the BCS!!! That would be the best for AU and get us into a BCS game!!! Probably an Orange Bowl or Fiesta Bowl would be my guess, more than likely Orange to play Penn St. That would be a great matchup. BCS would put us against PSU or OSU.

Archived