How fitting for LSU

EllisHugh

I wouldn't be surprised if the the NCAA doesn't step in and force the U to change their name in order to ease the trauma of the corndog nation. :puke:

to end the season playing the Hurricanes.

Hopefully, not the same devestation to Louisiana as Katrina and Rita.

203621[/snapback]

I hadn't really thought about that until your thread.

Good luck to the Tigers in the Peach.

This should go a long way in stopping the NCAA mascot police...I mean if LSU can play the Hurricanes in a bowl without being offended then nobody has a right to even mention the Illini or Seminoles, etc.

to end the season playing the Hurricanes.

Hopefully, not the same devestation to Louisiana as Katrina and Rita.

203621[/snapback]

If there is any consellation in not winning the SEC Championship game, it's that LSU gets to play a high profile team in Miami.

I think it absolutely sucks for UGA that they win the SEC and have to play West Virginia in the bowl. It's a no win situation. If you win, you're supposed to; if you lose, you suck!

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE...beat Miami!!! :cheer:

:au::homer:

i think the bigger question is, how do they play for the SECC, then get a Dec. 30th bowl? Meanwhile, UGA, UA, AU, and one other team (i forgot), are playing on Jan 2nd or later? humh, if i was an :lsu: fan i'd be pissed. Just because the lost the SECC, i think they should get the 2nd best SEC bowl just for being there. My opinion...

I am hoping to be at that game, my husband is a huge Canes fan so I will have to root for them sorry Ellis. We went last year and had a blast watching the Canes beat the crap out of UF(can't stand them). It should be a good game but if ya'll play like you did against UGA it will be another long night in the Dome.

i think the bigger question is, how do they play for the SECC, then get a Dec. 30th bowl?  Meanwhile, UGA, UA, AU, and one other team (i forgot), are playing on Jan 2nd or later?  humh, if i was an  :lsu:   fan i'd be pissed.  Just because the lost the SECC, i think they should get the 2nd best SEC bowl just for being there.  My opinion...

203694[/snapback]

The Tiger fan base is truly pissed off right now, myself included. Yes, we are upset by the loss to UGA but when the SEC Runner-up doesn't make a New Year's Day Bowl, is 10-2, and beat 3 of the 4 teams playing in a New Year's Day Bowl, it is pretty disgusting! What the hell does Commissioner Slive do for the SEC anyway? I NEVER head Slive make an argument for Auburn to play for the BCS title last year and, as of yet, he hasn't made an argument for LSU to play in a New Year's Day bowl.

Sugar Bowl - SEC Champion - UGA (10-2)

Capitol One - SEC #2 - Auburn (9-2)

Outback - SEC #3 - Florida (8-3)

Cotton - SEC #4 - Alabama (9-2)

Peach - SEC #5 - LSU (10-2)

Independence Bowl - SEC #6 or #7 - South Carolina

Granted, LSU played in the Capitol One last year against Iowa and normally a bowl doesn't take a team 2 years in a row, but the Outback almost ALWAYS takes an SEC east team and took an 8-3 Florida team that finished 3rd in the SEC East over the SEC Western Division Champion and the SEC runner-up.

I think what the corndogs are most pissed about is that they have to play their bowl game indoors where missed field goals will be less of a factor. There goes their edge.

Auburn played in the Peach Bowl after losing 30-29 in the '97 SECCG (9-3 overall record at that point), so there is precedent...that doesn't really take much of the sting out, though. It is a steep drop.

Miami didn't exactly get a plum draw, either...they were in the Peach last year.

The Peach Bowl got one hell of a game, though. This is probably the best matchup they've ever had...better than the Florida-Iowa Outback Bowl to be certain.

LSU and Miami fans have to look past the bowl "position" and look at the matchup...it's a dandy.

I think what the corndogs are most pissed about is that they have to play their bowl game indoors where missed field goals will be less of a factor. There goes their edge.

203724[/snapback]

October 22, 2005

:lsu: 20 :au: 17

November 25, 2005

:lsu: SEC Western Division Champions

i think the bigger question is, how do they play for the SECC, then get a Dec. 30th bowl?  Meanwhile, UGA, UA, AU, and one other team (i forgot), are playing on Jan 2nd or later?  humh, if i was an  :lsu:   fan i'd be pissed.  Just because the lost the SECC, i think they should get the 2nd best SEC bowl just for being there.  My opinion...

203694[/snapback]

The Tiger fan base is truly pissed off right now, myself included. Yes, we are upset by the loss to UGA but when the SEC Runner-up doesn't make a New Year's Day Bowl, is 10-2, and beat 3 of the 4 teams playing in a New Year's Day Bowl, it is pretty disgusting! What the hell does Commissioner Slive do for the SEC anyway? I NEVER head Slive make an argument for Auburn to play for the BCS title last year and, as of yet, he hasn't made an argument for LSU to play in a New Year's Day bowl.

Sugar Bowl - SEC Champion - UGA (10-2)

Capitol One - SEC #2 - Auburn (9-2)

Outback - SEC #3 - Florida (8-3)

Cotton - SEC #4 - Alabama (9-2)

Peach - SEC #5 - LSU (10-2)

Independence Bowl - SEC #6 or #7 - South Carolina

Granted, LSU played in the Capitol One last year against Iowa and normally a bowl doesn't take a team 2 years in a row, but the Outback almost ALWAYS takes an SEC east team and took an 8-3 Florida team that finished 3rd in the SEC East over the SEC Western Division Champion and the SEC runner-up.

203720[/snapback]

the florida thing pisses me off, because If they were gonna say Aubrun was #2, then BAMA should be in the outback.. how do they say UF, who we DESTROYED, and we have a better record than, is #3 in the SEC...

SCREW the COMMISSION, SCREW THE NCAA, SCREW UThug!!!

(sounds like a BAMA fan huh?) :big::poke:

Bitter uat "fans", Bitter corndog "fans", HAPPY AUBURN FANS! :D

204200[/snapback]

i'm not bitter, i'm just using common sense. it SHOULD have been,

UGA

LSU

AU

UA...

but if they were gonna mess it up, they sure as HECK shouldn't have put a UF team that we PASTED 31-3 ahead of us.

I'm not bitter at all.....IMO LSU drew the best matchup in the SEC. I would MUCH rather play a top-10 Miami than Texas Tech, Wisconsin, or Iowa.

There are only 3 bowl games with Top-10 matchups and the PEACH BOWL of all bowls is one of them.

204200[/snapback]

UGA

LSU

AU

UA...

but if they were gonna mess it up, they sure as HECK shouldn't have put a UF team that we PASTED 31-3 ahead of us.

204203[/snapback]

"They" didn't put UF "ahead" of uat. It is simple. The Bowls get to pick, in order. A UF team that beat FSU was just more "attractive" than a uat "team" on a two game losing streak and just got totally destroyed by AU on national TV.

204200[/snapback]

UGA

LSU

AU

UA...

204203[/snapback]

"They" didn't put UF "ahead" of uat. It is simple. The Bowls get to pick, in order. A UF team that beat FSU was just more "attractive" than a uat "team" on a two game losing streak and just got totally destroyed by AU on national TV.

204234[/snapback]

I'm glad someone is thinking around here...

I think LSU got royally screwed - this is what I think should have happened:

1) BCS - UGA - no brainer

2) Citrus - Auburn - while LSU did beat us on the field - Auburn is ranked higher - which is how the bowls typically pick

3) Outback/Cotton - the Outback and Cotton are typically for the #3-4 Teams, depending on what Division (Outback get's the East, Cotton get's the West) - I think UF being the next highest ranked Eastern Team should go Outback, and LSU - being the next highest ranked Western Team should have gone Cotton

4) Peach - Alabama

. . . not a bama bias or anything . .just my opinion based on how things have gone in the past . .

204200[/snapback]

UGA

LSU

AU

UA...

204203[/snapback]

204234[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with all this regarding UA, UF, etc, but the one thing that bothers me most, and it doesn't really even have to do with whether one team deserved to be in a certain bowl or whatever, is the way that it was almost like the bowls were set in stone before the SECCG. I got the feeling like they were saying, yup, AU is going here, UA to the Cotton, UF here, USC here, SECCG winner to the Sugar, then when LSU lost, they sort of just plugged them in to the Peach. It was almost like, "Well...all the other bowls are taken. Send them there." I'm sure that's not what happened, it's just really the impression that I got from the way everything was covered and the way the Bowls were mostly decided ahead of time.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Who says LSU is the second best team in the SEC? I'm not saying Auburn should get rings for SEC West Co-Champs ( :big: ) but I'm also not going to say that LSU is the second best team in the SEC. Auburn was going to the Capital One Bowl no matter what happened in the SECCG. So maybe people outside the SEC agree with me. Hell, Less Miles was already planning his backup bowl plans well in advance.

And after how bad UGA beat LSU, can LSU really say they're without a doubt the second best team in the SEC, especially knowing that Auburn beat UGA?

And sorry nutria warriors, but without a healthy JR, hurricane season is going to get a month's extension, if you know what I mean. :big:

Archived