I predicted Tebow to Alabama

DKW 86

I heard from some contacts at Florida websites that Tebow was going to Bama. It to do with his schooling and grades. They were very concerned that he was going to Bama. I was told the kid only had an 890 SAT score. Now the NCAA rules are such that he must have had almost a straight A average to get into school. But I bet that score was not his first try on the SAT either. He has basicallty done nothing for the last two years but go to footballgames and play football.

i had a question about that too... during his press conference, they said that he was home-schooled this past year. How is he home-schooled, yet competes in public school athletics? <_<

i had a question about that too... during his press conference, they said that he was home-schooled this past year.  How is he home-schooled, yet competes in public school athletics?  <_<

205386[/snapback]

Some states & school districts allow home school kids to play sports. I would imagine they could also play in the band, but that is just a guess.

If (notice the if) the kid were having grade problems, home school would be a way to get the GPA up. It would be embarrassing for ESPN to put on the show and then have the young man not qualify wouldn't it. I am not knocking home schooling, but possibly there are some using that avenue for full qualification and some are/were using the University school in Miami.

The FHSAA, the governing body of high school athletics in Florida adpoted this policy about 5 years ago....they can participate at the public school they are zoned for....to be honest, I don't think he lives in the zone....if you would do a background check you'll find he lives in Jacksonville....went to several big private schools in the area to see if they would change their offense for him, but they would not...found Nease HS where a new coach would allow a passing offense and he went there instead of Bolles and Trinity Christian....

But everything I hear about him is he's a good kid....wish him the best....except against us....

Archived