UnderArmor Bowl

saniflush

actually had ice fog in Huntsville last night. Lot of rain then clear skies at night with dropping temps, it coats everything with a thin layer of white frost. Fog that freezes on objects. With the full moon last night very Christmas looking. Melts as soon as the sun comes up.

actually had ice fog in Huntsville last night. Lot of rain then clear skies at night with dropping temps, it coats everything with a thin layer of white frost. Fog that freezes on objects. With the full moon last night very Christmas looking. Melts as soon as the sun comes up.

205757[/snapback]

I was just going to say that. The fog freezing causes black ice on the roads. I saw one bad wreck this morning. A car coming down East side of Cecil Ashburn Dr. hit a patch of ice, went alongside the guard rail for about 50 yards and ended up upside down.

I have heard that we are also slated to play Tulane at home next season.  Tulane's athletic program may get canned before then, though, which means we'll need to replace that game as well...probably with a D-IAA team though.

205713[/snapback]

We should be okay with the Tulane game. Tulane is facing major challenges b/c of Katrina, but according to Tulane officials, their football team is supposed to remain intact.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5120801745.html

NEW ORLEANS -- Tulane is suspending half its athletic programs to cope with the financial damage done by Hurricane Katrina.

The school will continue to compete in Conference USA in football, men's and women's basketball and baseball, along with volleyball, women's indoor track, outdoor track and cross-country

We have only played Maryland 3 times.  They beat us 13-7 in Birmingham in 1952.  Haven't researched, but that was a time frame when they had very strong teams nationally.  We beat them 20-7 in Auburn in 1958 when we were undefeated, and in 1983 we beat the undefeated Boomer Esiason team, 35-23 in Auburn.  I attended the latter two games.

205672[/snapback]

It my memory is correct, we had 3 backs rush for over 100 yards each in the 1983 game.

205679[/snapback]

Agee! Agee! Agee!

I believe you are right: Bo, Lionel and Tommie Agee ran wild that day.

Archived