UnderArmor Bowl

saniflush

There are a number of rumors flying around concerning us playing the University of Maryland on a home/home basis. Do not know if it will come to pass due to scheduling conflicts. Talk of substituting them for Temple. I know two things concerning this for what it is worth......

1) UnderArmor was/is trying to set up a game between them and us in UnderArmor's "home" town. This being Baltimore.

2) If the scheduling works out it would end up being a home/home series in lieu of one game in Baltimore.

Is this for next year?? It sure would make the SOS look a lot better when we run the table!!!!!!!!!!!

next year is whats being attempted. Don't know if it will happen though....WAY too many variables at this point to call. BTW....Not sure adding Maryland will help strength of schedule that much. best thing that could happen at this point would be to get UAT off the schedule.

next year is whats being attempted.  Don't know if it will happen though....WAY too many variables at this point to call.  BTW....Not sure adding Maryland will help strength of schedule that much.  best thing that could happen at this point would be to get UAT off the schedule.

205441[/snapback]

Tru dat....but a Maryland looks better than Temple, btw you know Temple went 0-11 this year, right??

If at all possible, I say we go for it. Attractive matchup between SEC and ACC schools. And Temple would BARELY be a competitive 3-A level school in Alabama. The Owls do no more for us than Ball State or WKU.

If the Terp fans get a say, they would prefer to play 'Cream Puff U' and 'Sisters of Mercy' every year as their OOCs:

Link to FridgeTV boards

They seem to feel that going up against Wake, UNC and UVA every week is hard enough. playing Auburn would be too much.

Since I got hitched to a Mer-lander, and drug up to this frozen tundra, I would LOVE to see the Tigers in Baltimore real soon. We can cook up some crab cakes and turtle soup, and have us a real fine time outside M&T Stadium. Or if they decide to play it at College Park, we can teach them what a good tailgate is all about. Fear the Tiger.

Gotta run. Ice storm approaching. (Stupid frigid Maryland).

I would like to see it happen.....Although I think I will pass on the crab cakes and turtle soup and just bring up the homemade BBQ, and camp stew.

I would love to see an AU vs. Maryland game. An added plus would be recruiting. All those East Coast recruits visiting Maryland would get a first hand look at AUBURN! :)

:au::au::au:

I would be all over that game like an Auburn Tiger on an Alabama QB.

It would be nice for Auburn to come visit this way. I enjoyed the show that Dameyune Craig put on when he visited Charlottesville back in 1997.

If the Terp fans get a say, they would prefer to play 'Cream Puff U' and 'Sisters of Mercy' every year as their OOCs:

Link to FridgeTV boards

Since I got hitched to a Mer-lander, and drug up to this frozen tundra, I would LOVE to see the Tigers in Baltimore real soon. We can cook up some crab cakes and turtle soup, and have us a real fine time outside M&T Stadium. Or if they decide to play it at College Park, we can teach them what a good tailgate is all about. Fear the Tiger.

Gotta run. Ice storm approaching. (Stupid frigid Maryland).

205569[/snapback]

Think MD is bad? Got stuck in Cleveland, Ohio for 7 years. Knew it was a mistake after 2 weeks - took that long to correct it. You ain't lived till you go outside when it's 23 below. Actually saw ice fog one morning after getting off night shift.

We have only played Maryland 3 times. They beat us 13-7 in Birmingham in 1952. Haven't researched, but that was a time frame when they had very strong teams nationally. We beat them 20-7 in Auburn in 1958 when we were undefeated, and in 1983 we beat the undefeated Boomer Esiason team, 35-23 in Auburn. I attended the latter two games.

We have only played Maryland 3 times.  They beat us 13-7 in Birmingham in 1952.  Haven't researched, but that was a time frame when they had very strong teams nationally.  We beat them 20-7 in Auburn in 1958 when we were undefeated, and in 1983 we beat the undefeated Boomer Esiason team, 35-23 in Auburn.  I attended the latter two games.

205672[/snapback]

It my memory is correct, we had 3 backs rush for over 100 yards each in the 1983 game.

We have only played Maryland 3 times.  They beat us 13-7 in Birmingham in 1952.  Haven't researched, but that was a time frame when they had very strong teams nationally.  We beat them 20-7 in Auburn in 1958 when we were undefeated, and in 1983 we beat the undefeated Boomer Esiason team, 35-23 in Auburn.  I attended the latter two games.

205672[/snapback]

It my memory is correct, we had 3 backs rush for over 100 yards each in the 1983 game.

205679[/snapback]

That was one of the best games I have ever seen. The AU defense put on a show that day and the offense tried to outdo them. Since the Iron Bowl I have been thinking that Brodie reminded me a little of Boomer. Except Boomer was much more effective.

A game at maryland in the Fall could be a great trip. College Park is just outside Washington, DC and if you wanted to take a few days vacation along with the game there are lots of historical places to visit........DC, Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry. etc., not to mention lots of interesting places in Baltimore. Some great seafood restaurants in Baltimore.

205672[/snapback]

I think Maryland was #1 in the country when they beat us 13-7 in 1952 and Earl Tatum was their coach.

A 2007 return game up there could be a nice debut for RSFr Ben Tate in front of his home folks...........

205703[/snapback]

Good point. And this is a huge game for us to get. Strength of schedule and recruiting will both be helped immensely.

I have heard that we are also slated to play Tulane at home next season. Tulane's athletic program may get canned before then, though, which means we'll need to replace that game as well...probably with a D-IAA team though.

Actually saw ice fog one morning after getting off night shift.

What the crap is "ice fog"???

205673[/snapback]

One hell of a hint to move back down south!

Archived