Bama goes 6-6 in 06

boddatiger99

I'm finding it hard to get back to work this morning after a great Christmas weekend...so here are my predictions for 06:

2006 Bama Schedule

Sep 2 Hawaii -Tuscaloosa---L

Sep 9 Vanderbilt* -Tuscaloosa---W

Sep 16 Louisiana-Monroe -Tuscaloosa---W

Sep 23 at Arkansas* -Fayetteville, AR---L

Sep 30 at Florida* -Gainesville, FL---L

Oct. 7 Duke -Tuscaloosa---W

Oct 14 Ole Miss* -Tuscaloosa---W

Oct 21 at Tennessee* -Knoxville, TN---L

Oct 28 Florida International -Tuscaloosa---W

Nov 4 Mississippi State* -Tuscaloosa---W

Nov 11 at LSU* -Baton Rouge, LA---L

Nov 18 Auburn* -Tuscaloosa---L

AU goes 11-1.

B)

War Eagle!

Okay bodda, I will bite. I agree with your uat prediction except for the Hawaii game. I believe they will go 7-5 with a couple of blowout losses at Florida and at Tennessee.

Who do you see Auburn losing to, just out of curiosity?

Okay bodda, I will bite.  I agree with your uat prediction except for the Hawaii game.  I believe they will go 7-5 with a couple of blowout losses at Florida and at Tennessee.

207094[/snapback]

Auburn will be in a fight with Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Georgia, and uat

with that game probably being the easiest. Always hard to get ready after

the classic with Georgia. Florida will be the difficult one, good that it is in

Auburn.

The uat results look good, but they may win one they shouldn't, :ut:

possibly since according to bammers that game means more to them.

In theory, Auburn should have a great shot to make a run at a MNC in '06, but with a game at :usc: and back to back home games against :lsu: and :uf: , the schedule looks very demanding.

Just assuming that the Non conference schedule ends up as predicted, I see them going 10-2 or 11-1 barring any major injuries. With a lucky bounce or two, they could go undefeated with the "toughest" games at home, that includes J-H West.

Will the LSU game permanently remain on Bama's schedule right before the Iron Bowl? I hope so, as it will give them much of the same "recovery" problem that we have every year with Georgia, and that seems only fair.

I'd say 6-6 is probably the worst realistic prediction for Bama next year, but expect they'll probably win one or two more than that. I think they're really going to miss their graduating seniors (but of course everyone said the same about us this year). What they lose on defense will far outweigh any improvements they make on offense...If, in fact, there is any improvement on offense. Surely their O-line will get better--it has nowhere to go but up. But JP Wilson is no Brodie Croyle, who knows how Prothro will play post-injury, and the rest of their receivers won't be much different from this year. Plus Shula will still be running the offense.

I never predict ANY team to go undefeated as that is just too dependent on luck, injuries, and getting the right bounces from a funny shaped ball. But Auburn should be one of several teams in the country with the best chances to do so. 11-1 is a real possibility, and anything less than 10 wins will be somewhat disappointing. I'm mostly worried about having several key, tough SEC teams in a row at one or two points in our schedule. I also don't like the 12-game season and lack of open weekends, but that's something that is equally hard on all teams and not unique to us.

Simply put...we will be better next year...Bamar will be worse...we play them at JH-West...I see NO problems winning that one at all. I'd say, however, that considering how tough it is, gernerally, to win on the road in the SEC, and with our SOS, we might go 10-2...and with the breaks...11-1, 12-0...WAR EAGLE...BEAT WISCONSIN!!!!

:au::homer:

Okay bodda, I will bite.  I agree with your uat prediction except for the Hawaii game.  I believe they will go 7-5 with a couple of blowout losses at Florida and at Tennessee.

207094[/snapback]

A heartbreaker on the road at :usc:

It's interesting that uat plays successive pass-happy-almost-every-down teams (TTech and Hawaii).

The first game may give Kines enough experience that he doesn't lose the second. But the fact that he has a senior secondary now that will be gone next year may be an offsetting factor.

Will be interesting. I think the loss of the entire secondary may be more overriding.

So 6-6 is a possibility, but I doubt it will come to pass. (No pun intended.)

my WAAAAYYY too early prediction: Bama won't be 'that' bad, and upset someone they shouldn't (UF or ARK) and go 8-4. i'll take us to beat LSU since it's at home, but lose to the Gators too. 11-1 for the Mighty Plainsmen. WDE. :D

207094[/snapback]

A heartbreaker on the road at :usc:

207121[/snapback]

I will sell my soul to Old Scratch himself if that's what it takes to keep Auburn from losing to the Gamecocks.

all i've got to say is, keep up the predictions... seriously. Everyone said the same thing this year even after the first couple of games. Oh, they'll be 6-6... hey, 9-2 is a LONG way from 6-6... so keep it up.

Now, realistically, i see us being 9-2 again, with possible losses to UT and AU. LSU is NOT going to be as good next year (hey, they got lucky to win against us and y'all), but UT should reload. A good QB for them will be their biggest help. Or maybe just a decision about who should play Qb... I also see y'all being 9-2, and the west coming down to the winner of the IB... y'all lose to UF and UGA in my opinion.

hey, i was right about it this year. why not go 2 for 2? :big:

all i've got to say is, keep up the predictions... seriously.  Everyone said the same thing this year even after the first couple of games.  Oh, they'll be 6-6... hey, 9-2 is a LONG way from 6-6... so keep it up. 

Now, realistically, i see us being 9-2 again, with possible losses to UT and AU.  LSU is NOT going to be as good next year (hey, they got lucky to win against us and y'all), but UT should reload.  A good QB for them will be their biggest help.  Or maybe just a decision about who should play Qb... I also see y'all being 9-2, and the west coming down to the winner of the IB... y'all lose to UF and UGA in my opinion.

hey, i was right about it this year.  why not go 2 for 2?  :big:

207163[/snapback]

Why is everyone so up about a Florida team that loses most of its offense in Leak? UF will be the 4th-best team in the East next year.

I don't see uat losing to Hawaii, and very possibly they will win at Arky, since they are good at stopping the run, which is what Arky does best. Give them 8-4.

We will likely be favored in every game, unless UF returns to glory. I would not overlook Darth Visor. We beat him in his last year at UF, and humiliated him this year. He doesn't really have the players to beat us yet, but is capable of cooking up something special for us. The SC game could be a tripwire mine.

Now, realistically, i see us being 9-2 again, with possible losses to UT and AU. LSU is NOT going to be as good next year (hey, they got lucky to win against us and y'all), but UT should reload. A good QB for them will be their biggest help. Or maybe just a decision about who should play Qb... I also see y'all being 9-2, and the west coming down to the winner of the IB... y'all lose to UF and UGA in my opinion

I don't know about 9-2. While it certainly is not unrealistic I don't think anyone has any idea how good(or bad) bama will be next year. There certainly are alot of question marks IMO. Auburn will probably be the favorite in the SEC West next year but it is way to early to speculate any of this. Who knows what UT, SC, UF, ARK, UGA, and UAT will do next year.

Sep 2 Hawaii -Tuscaloosa---W

Sep 9 Vanderbilt* -Tuscaloosa---W

Sep 16 Louisiana-Monroe -Tuscaloosa---W

Sep 23 at Arkansas* -Fayetteville, AR---L

Sep 30 at Florida* -Gainesville, FL---L

Oct. 7 Duke -Tuscaloosa---W

Oct 14 Ole Miss* -Tuscaloosa---W

Oct 21 at Tennessee* -Knoxville, TN---L

Oct 28 Florida International -Tuscaloosa---W

Nov 4 Mississippi State* -Tuscaloosa---W

Nov 11 at LSU* -Baton Rouge, LA---L

Nov 18 Auburn* -Tuscaloosa---L

7-5, imo

Auburn should be the favorite in the SEC West if not the SEC as a whole. UGA is losing Shockley and Pope if I am not mistaken, LSU is losing a lot of senior talent also. UAT, well they are losing than a share of that D that kept them in EVERY game they won this season, so it could be a miserable long season for them. Even with the wonder-boy savior more commonly known as Tebow, who knows what to expect out of UF. With Tebow does Meyer stick with the Spread O or does he become more conventional and go with senior in Leak?

12-0 is my pick I think this Tiger team will be just too good and too determined to show the country that 22-2 over the last two seasons was NO fluke. Then again I might be just a little bias. :au:

Oh yeah as for the Bammer's 7-5 should be a reachable goal even for Shula.

I don't see how anyone (even us, or this year's Rose Bowl teams) could face a road schedule like Bama's--at Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, and LSU--plus us in Jordan-Hare West, and predict only two losses with any confidence. But I do concede they had 1-2 more victories this year than I expected.

I also see no reason why we shouldn't be the SEC favorite--west and overall--at the start of the season, barring the unforeseen like CAB leaving or something. But Florida is the great unknown in the equation once the ball starts bouncing. Surely Tennessee will have to be better. LSU and UGA will be similar to this year, with any change being in the downward direction. Spurrier still doesn't have the talent at SC to go all the way, but he can still be a spoiler like this year.

[incidentally, when does SC rotate back onto Bama's schedule? I'd sure love to see Smelley get a chance to beat the team that never offered him a scholie! :D ]

Guest Tigrinum Major
[incidentally, when does SC rotate back onto Bama's schedule?  I'd sure love to see Smelley get a chance to beat the team that never offered him a scholie! :D ]

207245[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken, they will play each other again in 2009, which would be Smelley's senior or redshirt junior year.

Archived