Question about AU's depth chart next year

BamaGrad03

Assuming Stanley leaves early, who are some of the guys you all think will fill his spot?

Wasn't he hurt early this year and someone else got some good experience in his absence?

Also, I know you are losing a noseguard and a starting dt...and there are two capable backups behind them...who do you expect to be second string next year behind Doolittle and that other guy?

Or do ya'll expect someone else to overtake that starting role?

I except Greg Smith (JUCO transfer) to compete immediatly for playing time at either DT or NG. I would have predicted him to start if he had made the grades and gotten into school this spring so he could have spring practice, but that fell through. Should be here during the fall though.

Josh Thompson is another name to look out for. Has some experience from 04 and 05 behind TJ.

As you mentioned, Tez Doolittle is someone who will compete for playing time....

along with RS freshman Sen'derrick Marks. He's made a lot of progress this season and has looked good in the redshirt scrimmages.

As far as the DE position goes.

Groves will be back, Marquis Gunn got a lot of playing time while Stanley was nursing injuries and is a heck of a ball player. Chris Browder is another guy that saw some snaps this year and will compete for more playing time next year.

Alonzo Horton is a RS Freshman that the coaches are very happy with his progress and could play some next year.

Sorry, I have to point out that Marquis Gunn did more than get a lot of PT... he played exceedingly well this year. I don't know that stats, but I'm guessing that his stats are probably just as good SMac's last year (at least if you compare to any stretch of the same number of games for SMac in '04).

Sorry, I have to point out that Marquis Gunn did more than get a lot of PT... he played exceedingly well this year. I don't know that stats, but I'm guessing that his stats are probably just as good SMac's last year (at least if you compare to any stretch of the same number of games for SMac in '04).

207974[/snapback]

Marquis Gunn got a lot of playing time while Stanley was nursing injuries and is a heck of a ball player.

207974[/snapback]

Marquis Gunn got a lot of playing time while Stanley was nursing injuries and is a heck of a ball player.

207976[/snapback]

Doh, sorry, point taken. Great points in the rest of the post too.

207974[/snapback]

207976[/snapback]

Doh, sorry, point taken. Great points in the rest of the post too.

207977[/snapback]

to echo what both of us were saying...apparently CFN has taken notice too :thumbsup:

Just ask Alabama QB Brodie Croyle.  The man was running for his life from Stanley McClover and Marquies Gunn

Archived