DKW 86

Where does Mustain Go?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Mustain Go?

• Alabama
    • Arkansas
    • Notre Dame
    • Tennessee

I think the piggy world may implode if he does not go with the hogs. I would HATE to be in Nutts shoes. :huh:

:ut: and :arky: are the only two with a real shot, I think he goes to UT in the end sending the piggies in to mass chaos, and the bammers will just say "yeah we didnt want him or any of the other top recruits who turned us down. All the while descend into the state "take three deep breaths and remember even though we couldn't get it done, wisconsin beat auburn that means we are the better team."

:arky:

I think the only reason he decommitted was so he could enjoy the recruiting process a little more. If ND were to actually offer him, he might would go there, but I'm pretty sure I've read where ND has not even offered him a scholly.

I think it is down to :ut: and :ua: to me.

Anyone got beter info?

210277[/snapback]

Actually...from fellow tide fans and sports sites across the net...Alabama is last place.

From start to finish it probably looks like:

1. Notre Dame

2. Tenn/Ark

3. Alabama

some others have it:

1. Tenn

2. Notre Dame/Ark

3. Alabama

I think he stays in Arkansas . . . Nutt did not hire this kid's HS coach for no reason.

If he leaves the state, it would have to be to :ut: . . . no clear starter at QB and Cutcliffe, a "QB guru", plus Fulmer is looking for good news anywhere he can find it.

:ua: would be a surprise, but not outside the realm of possibility. Departing senior QB with no clear successor . . .

ND already has two highly rated QBs and is tight on scholarships, so I really doubt they are really in the fight. Of course, it is ND, so the NCAA might waive the scholarship limits for them. :hail::puke:

I'm thinking he winds up at :ut: . Cutcliff seals the deal.

Found this very interesting. Arkansas has offered a kid from Cullman a free ride. Anyone know anything about him? Maybe that shows that Mustain is really looking hard elsewhere.

LINK

My bet is that Mustain goes to Arky or Tenn. and Greg McElroy, if he renegs on his commitment to Texas Tech, goes to bama.

Good news is that Hawthorne cancelled his visit to bama this weekend.

Interesting thought about the APR standings. Will schools start looking at the academic standing of a marginal prospect now? If a school is going to take a chance on a player, will they now give it to one with better academics?

Interesting thought about the APR standings. Will schools start looking at the academic standing of a marginal prospect now? If a school is going to take a chance on a player, will they now give it to one with better academics?

210641[/snapback]

I REALLY hate to pour more fuel on the already burning fire, BUT, uat has the lowest graduation rate in the entire SEC :o . I wonder what THAT will do to them in the NEAR future? :D

210641[/snapback]

I think yes, it will have to change the way most schools recruit in the very near future. That is ANOTHER area where CTT has been ahead of the game. I am sure that there will still be some teams taking chances on great athletes that are on the proverbial bubble out of HS...cough...cough...Shrek...cough...cough...Shiela.

210641[/snapback]

I REALLY hate to pour more fuel on the already burning fire, BUT, uat has the lowest graduation rate in the entire SEC :o . I wonder what THAT will do to them in the NEAR future? :D

210644[/snapback]

y'all ever gonna drop that subject.? No one seemed to prove me wrong when i pointed out that that article was based on stats gathered between 1995-98. That is 8 years ago. No bearing at all on what our grad rate is now. If you can prove me wrong though, i will gladly say that we definately need that issue addressed, right now!

Guest Tigrinum Major

210641[/snapback]

210644[/snapback]

y'all ever gonna drop that subject.? No one seemed to prove me wrong when i pointed out that that article was based on stats gathered between 1995-98. That is 8 years ago. No bearing at all on what our grad rate is now. If you can prove me wrong though, i will gladly say that we definately need that issue addressed, right now!

210849[/snapback]

It is based on old data, but said data is also what is being used by the NCAA to determine APRs. I don't know what that means in the long run.

I really think that Shula is doing better than his predecessors on this issue. Of course, it would be hard for him to do worse.

210641[/snapback]

210644[/snapback]

210849[/snapback]

It is based on old data, but said data is also what is being used by the NCAA to determine APRs. I don't know what that means in the long run.

I really think that Shula is doing better than his predecessors on this issue. Of course, it would be hard for him to do worse.

210851[/snapback]

exactly. Glad someone else paid attention to that little fact. Anyways, i do understand that the data will hurt our APR, but, you also have to look at what is being done to correct the situation. I just wanted to know that someone else paid attention to the fact that the data is 8 years old. You can't hang that over the program now.

210641[/snapback]

210644[/snapback]

210849[/snapback]

210851[/snapback]

exactly. Glad someone else paid attention to that little fact. Anyways, i do understand that the data will hurt our APR, but, you also have to look at what is being done to correct the situation. I just wanted to know that someone else paid attention to the fact that the data is 8 years old. You can't hang that over the program now.

210853[/snapback]

So, what EXACTLY, is being done NOW to correct the "problem"? You are big on facts. Thanks in advance for sharing these facts with us. ;)

Glad someone else paid attention to that little fact.  Anyways, i do understand that the data will hurt our APR, but, you also have to look at what is being done to correct the situation.  I just wanted to know that someone else paid attention to the fact that the data is 8 years old.  You can't hang that over the program now.

210853[/snapback]

What's this? I can't believe my eyes. A bammer who doesn't want to talk about history or tradishun. Geez it's 8 years old. Wow. But it's OK to talk about MNCs that are 100 years ago. I guess what you are saying is if it's old news about bama then we should forget it.

Well then let's forget the past and look at the future............

Fear the Thumb

Archived