Fayetteville TV Station says

DKW 86

http://5newsonline.com/Global/story.asp?S=...8&nav=menu151_4

Fayetteville

Mike Irwin Reports

Sources say Razorbacks close to inking Mustain and Williams

Jan 9, 2006, 11:55 AM CST  email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version   

FAYETTEVILLE - Gus Malzhan has been on the recruiting trail for just a few days but he's already hitting what appears to be the mother lode for the Razorbacks.

Sources tell 5NEWS that Mitch Mustain, the consensus National High School Player of the Year, has either already re-committed to the Razorbacks, or he is close to doing it. Those sources also say Malzahn is zeroing in on Damien Williams who will tell Florida coaches of his decision to de-commit to them before he commits to the Razorbacks.

One Florida de-commit is already on board with Arkansas. Springdale tight end Ben Cleveland, the most versatile of the so-called Springdale Five, has already told Florida coaches of his decision to de-commit there and to commit to the University of Arkansas. That, he admits, was not easy to do.

“It's real difficult because you got Urban Meyer and all them and you got Coach Malzahn who you know who I've been with for my whole career here at Arkansas," Cleveland says. “It's just great to spend it with him. He's kind of like a father figure to me, it's just a great opportunity and God's blessed us to be together.”

As for his Springdale teammates, Williams and Mustain, Cleveland says he is still in the dark about their college choices. Cleveland does say, if they do make the choice to play for the Razorbacks, “it'd be fun.”

Archived