Czar Of Auburn

AUBeamer

Espn.com has a feature on Bobby Lowder and his pull over Auburn Atheltics on their front page currently. Its a good read....though I don't like the publicity all that much. Here is a link directly to the story in case it changes from the front page soon.

Enjoy and WDE!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285976

anybody see the homepage of espn tonite, there is a huge article on what a snake Bobby Lowder is.

210733[/snapback]

Easy hoss, Lowder may be an active member of this board. ;)

Where's PT???

Poor Bobby. He's the best thing ever to happen to AU. It's just those liberal journalists who keep dredging up the facts which bring shame on our beloved institution. ESPN needs to stick to calling play by play and leave poor Bobby alone. Who is that writer anyway? Did he see any money change hands? Was he on "The Plane"? He's just writing down hearsay without any proof whatsoever. If he doesn't have audio/video tapes to back up his reckless allegations, he ought to be fired. Poor Bobby.

By the way, you know the AU stadium construction update thread? Remember where the poster brings up the large area on the concourse wall that is being prepared for a mural? Well, it ain't gonna be any CTT and a football team! Whoa Bobby!

How'd I do PT? :no:

anybody see the homepage of espn tonite, there is a huge article on what a snake Bobby Lowder is.

210733[/snapback]

210734[/snapback]

Nope. That would be bear jr.

He is attempting to catch up! :lol::lol::lol:

210733[/snapback]

210734[/snapback]

Well, if he is an active member, or even lurks this board regularly, this won't be the first time he's seen similar or worse comments about him here...

Whatever else one may think about him, I'd guess he's developed a pretty tough skin by now, given all the negative publicity he's attracted over the years!

Personally, I think he'd do Auburn a favor if he resigned, if for no other reason than to stop drawing such negative publicity to the University. [Or, to be a bit Machiavellian: If he really has such long tentacles into the rest of the BOT and other Auburn officials, I don't see why he couldn't pull the same strings from a more invisible perch off the BOT and more out of the limelight.]

210733[/snapback]

210734[/snapback]

You didn't read the article then did you?

If you had, you would know that either JR or another BOT member would be scouring the board for him... :poke:

Here is a different (but related) article on ESPN.com. This one lists the ten most powerful college trustees. Of course Lowder is on it, but so are Paul Bryant, Jr at Bama; Don Leebern Jr. or Georgia and John "Thunder" Thornton of Tennessee.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285986

Y'all are right that the stuff about Lowder is old news to most of us on this message board b/c we obviously follow Auburn fairly closely. But the purpose of this series articles is not to present breaking news, it is to examine the roll that boosters play in big-time college athletics.

While I already knew all that stuff about Lowder, I didn't know the stuff about the other guys at other schools, and non-Auburn fans (or non SEC fans) probably did not know about Auburn and Lowder.

I didn't read anything I didn't already know. It's not good press, but you know they say there's not such thing as bad press!

It is funny to see the bammers faom at the mouth at this though. Saying it's worse than Memphis and such (the Bowden stuff). I think Bowden was clean. I just think he cleaned up a mess and AU doesn't want him talking about it cause he's mad he was booted. If he talked, I doubt very much we'd hear of kids or coaches getting paid a six-figure sum to play for us.

Here is a different (but related) article on ESPN.com.  This one lists the ten most powerful college trustees.  Of course Lowder is on it, but so are Paul Bryant, Jr at Bama; Don Leebern Jr. or Georgia and John "Thunder" Thornton of Tennessee.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285986

210809[/snapback]

Am I the only one who expected to read that PBBJr was coming off consecutive six year prison sentences after looking at his picture?

I would hope BL or one of his cohorts were scavenging over the message boards. Maybe it wake him up some to see that his "hands in the pie" are not good for Auburn. I would think, excuse me hope, if he had any decency about himself and ANY love for AUBURN, and not just power, he would see he is hurting AUBURN more than he helps. Yes, he might quit giving the big buckets of money, but that will come from other sources. Auburn doesn't NEED it, IMO, I am sure they WANT it, but come on for the good of AUBURN, Mr. Lowder step down. Everyone knows you are/was/is a grand puppeteer in AUBURN, but you need to do what is good for AUBURN, if you love AUBURN.

I think everyone will be happy to see Bobby off the BOT. However, there is no denying his HUGE support of Auburn and without his contributions to the athletic department we might not be competing for SEC and National championships. His contributions are even more noteworthy when you consider that AU has only the 8th largest operating budget in the SEC at this time(the top 4 being UT, UF, LSU, and UGA). The chances that Lowder had something to do with the probation in the 90s is very high and for that there is no excuse(although I refuse to believe TOT). Now if uat fans feel the need to comment on this: Pot meet Kettle.

Okay, so everyone assumes he is gone in 2011. With politics as aweful in this state as they are, he may very well get renominated and confirmed. Heck, he could just refuse to leave. Wouldn't be the first time. He claims to love the school so much and that's why he does what he does... if he loves the school so much and knows everyone thinks he's a sack of crap then why doesn't he quit. Oh yeah, that would meanhaving to admit everyone else is right.

Okay, so everyone assumes he is gone in 2011. With politics as aweful in this state as they are, he may very well get renominated and confirmed. Heck, he could just refuse to leave. Wouldn't be the first time. He claims to love the school so much and that's why he does what he does... if he loves the school so much and knows everyone thinks he's a sack of crap then why doesn't he quit. Oh yeah, that would meanhaving to admit everyone else is right.

211081[/snapback]

If you're gonna blast someone, share some facts and not inuendos. You might start by getting your own facts straight. You say "everyone thinks he is a sack of crap." That's not factual because I for one don't and even if I did I wouldn't air your kind of crap out on a public board about one of our BOTs.

211081[/snapback]

If you're gonna blast someone, share some facts and not inuendos. You might start by getting your own facts straight. You say "everyone thinks he is a sack of crap." That's not factual because I for one don't and even if I did I wouldn't air your kind of crap out on a public board about one of our BOTs.

211241[/snapback]

WooHoo! Go PT!! (Where have you been?)

Uh, don't count me among those who don't think he's a sack of crap! :roflol:

211081[/snapback]

211241[/snapback]

And I'm sure never in your life have you uttered a generality. Fine, I retract that everyone dislikes him. While I'm here, why in the world do I have to talk kindly about someone solely because they are on the board of trustees of my school?

211081[/snapback]

211241[/snapback]

And I'm sure never in your life have you uttered a generality. Fine, I retract that everyone dislikes him. While I'm here, why in the world do I have to talk kindly about someone solely because they are on the board of trustees of my school?

211279[/snapback]

Well, instead of retracting your statement, you could just start a poll. :)

Don't take it personal Boonan. ProudTiger has been a Lowder supporter since I've seen him posting, and I imagine longer than that. I secretly thought PT was BL for a while, which was what my first post in this thread was leading to.

Proud, I still think you're related to Lowder. :P

Archived