When Will We Hear?

LegalEagle

When will we hear new committments based on the past weekend's visits?

I know we got one commit. Was he on the visit?

Last year, as I recall, there were no surprise commits on signing day. Do we have some in the sack, but keeping quiet?

I saw where several who visited thought it was a great visit. Will it be enough to get them to sign?

I'm with you LegaEagle. Actually came into the office early this morning so I could see what had been written up about this weekends trip to the Plains but I haven't seen much of anything.

It looks like the kids enjoyed their visit, but they're waiting to commit. Some have other visits lined up...but I've heard of no one commiting but Roseman....

:au::homer:

Thanks SKCAUB.  I guess we will all know in a couple of weeks.

211726[/snapback]

Hopefully sooner on some of them. I read that Ricks wants to commit by Friday.... :)

It will be interesting to see how family loyalties play out in the end. Ricks has step brother (Courtney Hardin) who is on the team at Auburn while Mr. Andre Smith has a cousin (Dominic Lee) who is on the team at Alabama. It didn't seem to make any difference with Mayo Sowell's brother who is probably going to wind up at Louisville along with others in the past. We did get Eddins though. We have come such a long way that we SHOULD be beginning to develop some blood lines to former player's children as Tigers.

Perhaps it's just my imagination but it seems that the blood lines are stronger at Bummer than at Auburn. i.e. Croyle, the Castille brothers, Britt brothers, Wes Neighbors a few years ago, etc. OR, perhaps it's the money? :big::ua:

It will be interesting to see how family loyalties play out in the end. Ricks has step brother (Courtney Hardin) who is on the team at Auburn while Mr. Andre Smith has a cousin (Dominic Lee) who is on the team at Alabama. It didn't seem to make any difference with Mayo Sowell's brother who is probably going to wind up at Louisville along with others in the past. We did get Eddins though. We have come such a long way that we SHOULD be beginning to develop some blood lines to former player's children as Tigers.

Perhaps it's just my imagination but it seems that the blood lines are stronger at Bummer than at Auburn. i.e. Croyle, the Castille brothers, Britt brothers, Wes Neighbors a few years ago, etc. OR, perhaps it's the money? :big:   :ua:

211733[/snapback]

Perhaps it's just my imagination but it seems that the blood lines are stronger at Bummer than at Auburn. i.e. Croyle, the Castille brothers, Britt brothers, Wes Neighbors a few years ago, etc. OR, perhaps it's the money? :big:    :ua:

211733[/snapback]

211790[/snapback]

Mayo Sowell did not get that much playing time at Auburn. I do remember him getting that interception against Florida, when we beat them a few years ago at Auburn when Florida was #1. :cheer:

Ok. Read the following:

”I’ll make my decision on Tuesday (Jan. 31),” Whitehead says. “Then me and Tim Hawthorne (Homewood High wide receiver) will have a press conference at the Wynfrey (hotel) on signing day.”

(Yikes - sorry about the wrong quote earlier.)

http://auburn.scout.com/2/489129.html

Now. AU is expected to sign only about 5 more, is that right?

If we only get 2 or 3 commits prior to signing day, does that mean that it is more likely that these guys or others who wait until the last minute will commit to us?

Do the teams in the hunt for these recruits know in advance where they are going and just keep it secret? Otherwise how do the teams plan to fill their slots when they don't know until the last minute what is available?

Deantwan (Peanut) Whitehead says that he and Tim Hawthorne will announce together at the Winfrey Hotel on Signing Day.

Ok.  Read the following:

”I’ll make my decision on Tuesday (Jan. 31),” Whitehead says. “Then me and Tim Hawthorne (Homewood High wide receiver) will have a press conference at the Wynfrey (hotel) on signing day.”

If we only get 2 or 3 commits prior to signing day, does that mean that it is more likely that these guys or others who wait until the last minute will commit to us?

Do the teams in the hunt for these recruits know in advance where they are going and just keep it secret?  Otherwise how do the teams plan to fill their slots when they don't know until the last minute what is available?

211998[/snapback]

I read on somewhere on ITAT that AU may sign more than expected. AU was originally expected to sign 20 and now may sign around 22 - 23.

Some schools know and some end up scampering around to fill the slots or save and have an extra the following year.

We oversign just about every year. We usually send one or 2 to hargrave and one or 2 to jr college.

Harris is one from this class that may get a year at Hargrave.

I find it interesting that Whitehead and Hawthorne are going to announce together. Hope that's good news for us.

Ok.  Read the following:

Do the teams in the hunt for these recruits know in advance where they are going and just keep it secret?  Otherwise how do the teams plan to fill their slots when they don't know until the last minute what is available?

211998[/snapback]

...and then I read that too. So who knows???? B)

Archived