Time for Jason to

saniflush

joe Gibbs press conference yesterday he spoke about Jason and his progression as a QB for a few minutes. I thought it was very interesting. The comments start at about the 17:00 minute mark if you want to fast forward.

Link

It sounds like Jason is making his mark on Coach Gibbs. I am hopeful that he can begin his climb to the #1 spot.

Go get em Jason.....and War Eagle!

No he did not take a regular season snap and was inactive for a couple of the games late in the year. The Washington fans I have talked to all seem to be pretty high on him though from what they hear.

For those of you who (like me) don't have speakers on your computers, here is some of the text of what Gibbs said about Jason:

Can't wait for next season of Auburn football, on Saturdays and Sundays!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6011601350.html

Gibbs also said he believes rookie quarterback Jason Campbell could have performed well if forced into duty in 2005, and is progressing.

Ramsey, selected 32nd overall in 2002, was here before Gibbs arrived; the coach immediately acquired veteran Mark Brunell and traded three picks, including a first-rounder, to move up and take Campbell in the first round last year. Ramsey started the season opener, was yanked after 19 minutes, and never started again. He has made just 24 starts in four years here, and, with one year left on his rookie contract, badly wants a chance to start again, while Gibbs is enthusiastic that Campbell could play in 2006.

"I feel confident had Jason been thrust into things this year, I think he would have played and played well," Gibbs said. "We've seen a lot out of him, and now he needs to play. I was laughing when I told him, 'Okay, take the hat off and throw it away; you're ready to go to work to earn your money.' "

Thanks DCEagle. I often forget that not everyone has speakers and or the correct plug-in software that will run video.

The addition of Al Saunders as OC for the Redskins will be great for Jason. A lot of short passes with only the occasional that downfield and only after the powerful running game has softened up the defense and made the playaction as effective as possible. Sound familiar?.

As a huge Chiefs fan I hate to lose the guy but I am grateful he ended up somewhere where he can help Jason out.

Guest Tigrinum Major
JC will never be a quality starting QB in the NFL, mark my word on it.  He wasn't that great in college.

213111[/snapback]

Your silly little opinion has been noted.

JC will never be a quality starting QB in the NFL, mark my word on it.  He wasn't that great in college.

213111[/snapback]

213113[/snapback]

Mark my word, he won't be poo in the NFL

Hey buddy, remember 4th and 14 in the 4th quarter in 2004? Anyone who says that JC didn't deserve the SEC player of the year his senior year is an idiot who doesn't know football. At least the last three games of the year, he took the game on his shoulders and won with the passing game. Also, CAB sais all year that Jason's main strength was his ability to check them into a good play based on the looks he was getting from the defense. That won't be reflected in his numbers, but don't you think that would be a quality a pro team would like to have. How do you think JaMarcus would do under four different OCs?

Jason is in great shape and is in a good situation. I can think of no better mentor than Mark Brunell. Coach Gibbs has the time to bring him along slowly (a luxury Jason never had in college). Jason will do well in the NFL.

Guest Tigrinum Major

213111[/snapback]

213113[/snapback]

Mark my word, he won't be poo in the NFL

213145[/snapback]

Again, so noted and filed appropriately.

The opinion of a corndog is worth about as much as a pulling guard on the uat o-line. :D

The opinion of a corndog is worth about as much as a pulling guard on the uat o-line. :D

213171[/snapback]

Pulling guard?? Tim, I think at UAT its called Tuck and RUN... if i may use a monty python reference....RUNAWAY.....RUNAWAY.... kinda goes along with the QB's gymnastics move called TUCK AND ROLL...as he hits the grass over and over..well you get the idea..

I hope Jason gets to start a few games next year. Gibbs knows what he is doing. He is getting him prepared little by little.

War Damn Eagle!

LSUSCOTT knows all about qb's in the NFL doing well after not playing their first year, remember that guy...what's his name...Carson Palmer. Tell me Scott, how many former LSU qb's are starting in the NFL? I wonder if you are the guy that started the thread on tigerdroppings.com about LSU being the new QB U because of all the backups and thirdstringers LSU has put into the NFL like Rohan and Craig Nall.

Im still trying to find the reason why this guy is even allowed to post on the AU football forum. Just do a simple post history for this guy and you'll see what I'm talking about. He should only be given access to the woodshed :poke:

Archived