locking topics

tiger42

I know the policy of no post without links ,but its just plain snotty to lock a topic because you dont like it all of the orange jersey stuff I think is great .Think for a minute and imagine a world where not everyone agrees with you and let us have our fun. :au::au::au::au:

the problem is there have been many threads already started about the topic in question and some of those newer threads have been locked. if people would take the time to search then things would be okie dokie.

:au::homer:

I know the policy of no post without links ,but its just plain snotty to lock a topic because you dont like it all of the orange jersey stuff I think is great .Think for a minute and imagine a world where not everyone agrees with you and let us have our fun. :au:   :au:   :au:   :au:

212251[/snapback]

:no:

Dude, if there is one more thread on this board about those @#$%ing orange jerseys......

We get them every year at this time, just before the A-Day game, Just before the season, before a big home game, etc. Some of us have seen close to 2 dozen of these threads.

The mods are doing everyone else on this board a favor by locking them or deleting them.

Please, no more Orange jersey threads....

Dude, if there is one more thread on this board about those @#$%ing orange jerseys......

We get them every year at this time, just before the A-Day game, Just before the season, before a big home game, etc. Some of us have seen close to 2 dozen of these threads.

The mods are doing everyone else on this board a favor by locking them or deleting them.

212275[/snapback]

I can't speak for anyone else but I thank you for that service. :puke: orange jerseys

212275[/snapback]

Threads whining about threads being locked should be deleted immediately. The locked threads in question should also be purged.

JMO.

Think for a minute and imagine a world where not everyone agrees with you and let us have our fun. :au:   :au:   :au:   :au:

212251[/snapback]

Seems to me everyone on this board ('cept possibly you) agrees on everything including the fact we don't EVER need to hear about those hideous jerseys again!

:innocent:

the problem is there have been many threads already started about the topic in question and some of those newer threads have been locked.  if people would take the time to search then things would be okie dokie.

:au:   :homer:

212260[/snapback]

I think that this topic and others should be locked if people keep using my trademark

:au::homer:

So there! B)

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sorry you feel that way, tiger42. We just went through about 5 threads on this subject. Feel free to discuss the orange jerseys in those threads or wait a few months and I am sure a new one will appear.

We just like locking threads from time to time. It makes us feel powerful and ominpotent.

Sorry you feel that way, tiger42.  We just went through about 5 threadson this subject.  Feel free to discuss the orange jerseys in those threads or wait a few months and I am sure a new one will appear. 

We just like locking threads from time to time.  It makes us feel powerful and ominpotent.

212326[/snapback]

And when it does, it will be locked as well.. :D:D

Major and Aupcola in a dispute?

Say it ain't so. Not two of my heros! What a world. :D:poke:

Guest Tigrinum Major

No dispute. I agree with what aupcola did. The orange jersey thing is good for a debate about once every six months. Not six times in a month.

Watch it, Tim. You are trying to stir up discontent. Don't make us lock this thread!

Major and Aupcola in a dispute?

Say it ain't so. Not two of my heros! What a world. :D  :poke:

212331[/snapback]

Never...no dispute here.. :lol::lol:

major, how can we ever survive?? wartim looks to us as heros.... :o:o

:au::au:

You are trying to stir up discontent.

212335[/snapback]

Let's see if this works:

GO NAVY

212275[/snapback]

There seems to be only a few here who don't want to discuss this topic. However, those same few, seem to be able to go on and on about how we almost won a game sometimes, or how the bowl trip wasn't that bad, or some other "kool-aid" topic. Those posts are never locked. I wonder why.

What orange Jersey issue, I havent heard about this, New Jerseys for next season, Under Armour making them change it? OH LORD Please tell! .......... :big:

212275[/snapback]

There seems to be only a few here who don't want to discuss this topic. However, those same few, seem to be able to go on and on about how we almost won a game sometimes, or how the bowl trip wasn't that bad, or some other "kool-aid" topic. Those posts are never locked. I wonder why.

212354[/snapback]

:lurk: :o:poke:

212275[/snapback]

212354[/snapback]

because those threads are trying to take something like our most recent game(where we were not prepared) and get something positive out of it. These orange jersey threads have been in over abundance and just last week we had 4-5 threads on this one topic, thus no reason for the thread that I locked yesterday at all.The other threads on this issue are still open to my knowledge, and going back a page or two before posting would have found those threads. That many threads discussing ONE issue, that comes up 4-5 times a year, is just completely rediculous. Those of us that have been around for several years, have seen dozens of these, and the reality of the matter is, our uniforms are likely to NEVER change.

As per the boss of the site, I think its pretty clear that any and all future threads with orange jerseys as the topic will be LOCKED promptly...

212275[/snapback]

212354[/snapback]

I dont even know how you come up with this stuff anymore. Somehow....you related a topic discussing "why orange jersey topics are annoying," to," almost won a game sometime, or how the bowl trip wasn't that bad, etc..."

You really need some anti-depressants.....

Here's a great idea. The 4 or 5 people who love to talk about how great orange jerseys would be ad nauseum, trade email addresses and discuss it to your heart's content. The rest of the board is tired of the subject. No one changes their mind. The same damn arguments just get made over and over and the thread ends up getting locked because someone takes something too personal. It's just unnecessary.

[rant]

And I'm instituting a new policy that I will personally follow from now on and the rest of the mods are welcome to follow suit if they choose. The next time someone posts a thread asking why a post or thread of theirs was locked or deleted will immediately have that post or thread nuked on sight, without explanation. The moderators will try to send you a PM if your post gets deleted or will post a final message with a short explanation in the locked thread. If you want to debate it further, send the moderator(s) a private message or email. Getting your panties in a knot and posting your righteous indignation over your "freedom of speech" will get you no where here. Take it up with the ACLU...we don't really care.

[/rant]

Now, let's move along. The orange jersey subject is the proverbial beating of a dead horse and I'm tired of seeing the mutilated carcass dragged back out for us to look at again.

well said titan....As the mod that locked the latest orange jersey thread, I will certainly and HAPPILY follow your new policy.... I am officially on board... :)

Archived