Hawthorne names leader

HomanAU

www.auburnsports.com

www.auburn.scout.com

We are the leader and he is set to announce on the 30th. :cheer: I really hope we can hold on.

Wareagle

i read on rivals they were planning to announce together @ a restraunt in b'ham. is this rumor still floating as i have not heard anything about it in a week or so?

i read on rivals they were planning to announce together @ a restraunt in b'ham.  is this rumor still floating as i have not heard anything about it in a week or so?

213559[/snapback]

Well, it looks good for us! Now if they were announcing at a strip club in Tuskaloser, then not so good for us.

Guest Tigrinum Major
i read on rivals they were planning to announce together @ a restraunt in b'ham.  is this rumor still floating as i have not heard anything about it in a week or so?

213559[/snapback]

Actually, it is The Club, which is a private club on the top of Red Mountain. Nice view of the city at night.

Isn't that club owned by a Bammer? That might be a sign as to how the press conference might go. (see Tebow PC)

I hope that isn't the case, as it seems now that Auburn has a great shot at landing both he and Whitehead, but my mind can't help but wander.

But now the B'ham News has this:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...ll=2&thispage=1

Homewood High School wide receiver Tim Hawthorne said he didn't feel out of place on his official visit to the University of South Carolina over the weekend.  "Columbia is like Birmingham Jr.," Hawthorne said. "I had a real good time there. The school was a lot like UAB, but a little bigger, with the campus downtown and the stadium right there downtown."

Hawthorne was quoted on Scout.com that Auburn was his favorite among his six finalists, with Georgia and South Carolina not far behind.

He took back those comments Sunday afternoon, noting that all six of his schools, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and Louisville, are still equal.

"I'd take that back," Hawthorne said. "I said that, but I may change my mind tomorrow. I'd say it's pretty even."

Hawthorne has already taken official visits to Auburn, Georgia and Alabama. Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer was scheduled to make a home visit Sunday night.

Hawthorne plans to announce his decision Jan. 30 at 4 p.m. on ESPN.

I still think he's a strong :au: lean, but I wouldn't count our eggs yet...

Good point Quiet. All of this means absolutely nothing until they sign on 2-1.

I do not understand why some of these kids drag this stuff out. If a kid is REALLY undecided at this point in the proccess, what does that say about him? :blink:

Good point Quiet. All of this means absolutely nothing until they sign on 2-1.

I do not understand why some of these kids drag this stuff out. If a kid is REALLY undecided at this point in the proccess, what does that say about him? :blink:

213692[/snapback]

I think some of them just enjoy the attention of the recruiting process.

I agree. As soon as these guys sign that LOA, they belong to that university. During the recruiting process, they get coddled and pampered throughout their visits. They have coaches calling, news media calling, everyone hanging on their every word. None of us can say we would have been any different when we were 18 years old.

It would make us old geezers feel better if they just went ahead and committed though.

I agree. As soon as these guys sign that LOA, they belong to that university. During the recruiting process, they get coddled and pampered throughout their visits. They have coaches calling, news media calling, everyone hanging on their every word. None of us can say we would have been any different when we were 18 years old.

It would make us old geezers feel better if they just went ahead and committed though.

213746[/snapback]

You have made a very good point. I guess I am just an old GEEZER. :D

I'm 20 and I think some of these guys are ridiculous. Getting attention is fine but some of them take it too far. They've been recruited for years now and it's a game to them.

Archived