Deshea Townsend

Ronin

I played it back 3 times and tried the closed captioning but it they didn't caption it. It was something Alabama. Was he naming his hometown? Did he mumble? I suppose I could go to an Alabama board and ask but I don't like to frequent places like that.

He said South in there, I think he was trying to do some kind of The University of the South.... Alabama type thing.

218136[/snapback]

Thanks,

I thought maybe I heard "South Alabama" but couldn't make sense out of that.

He said "South Panola University", a reference to his high school (South Panola, Miss.) H.S. according to bama friends at Crimson Tusks.

I think the NFL only allows them to claim where they GRADUATED from.

Did you guys get Hines Ward? He said Forrest Park, Georgia. Did he not even graduate from high school?

According to JOX this morning TiderInsider is in meltdown because he didn't reference the almighty TIDE!....how dare he not acknowledge the meca of sports excellence... :poke:

I thought it was completely classless the way he did the ole high school/college switch. Bama fans were left hanging when they thought he would give them props, then intead, he hypes his high school. He and Andre Smith are of the same ilk.

Kids these days. :big:

honestly, i'm not sure who would win between the tide and south panola right now... those boys are putting together the greatest high school dynasty in mississippi history right now. no kidding.

they won the state championship this year (in blow out fashion) and every key player on the team was a junior. eddie strong's little brother is their middle linebacker, and i'm pretty sure he's bigger now than eddie was as a senior in college... and better. he's going to ole miss too. seriously, i'm in starkville and everyone says they should just give the title to panola to avoid injury. they're more dominant than usc ever thought of being.

I noticed Marcus Washington always says, "Auburn High School." I don't think there any specific rules for what they have to say.

I never really knew how to take it that Marcus said "Auburn High School." Did it mean that he was bitter about his Auburn U experience or was it that he was simply proud of AHS?

it'd be nice if we could recruit batesville, but it'd be a waste of time. that place is an ole miss breeding ground. unfortunate but true. i'm just hoping croom can break in there a little; if it can't be us, might as well be msu: least threatening and most like us.

by the way, panola is trying to win its fourth straight 5A state championship, it has won 46 games in a row, and it had 3 players run for over 1000 yards this year... two of them are back.

for those wanting to keep up with deshea's old stomping grounds look here:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/commi...hool=47&Sport=1

the top two guys off the team griffin and strong are already at ole miss, and they are predicted to have at least 2 more sign there as well.

I do not think there is a lot of malice in what location/school they decided to anounce. They just may be more proud of their hometown, as most people never remeber that they came from a small town some place before they went to a "big" college.

I don't understand why people get bent out of shape about it. If that is all it takes to get someone up and angry then they have some strange issues.

Archived