Auburn Is not Unique.........

Proud Tiger

As we all know Auburn is a very unique place in many ways. But we are not unique when it comes to problems involving politicians, school officials, and BOTs. We get a lot of bad publicity in these areas. But as I have said many times, so do other schools without as much media coverage. A couple of current examples:

1. The President of LSU has announced his resignation. It is reported on LSU TigerForum with a link but the link has expired (how convenient). There has been a long running fued between La. Gov. Blanco and some LSU officials. It now seems that Gov. Blanco pressured the Pres. to retire so she could appoint a lady who happens to be dating the Chairman of the BOTs.

2. The Hunsville Times reports today that a year long battle involving the bama BOTs has been resolved. First I had heard about it.

www.al.com (see Huntsville Times)

This is not intended to belittle our own dirty linen but to point out it happens at other places as well, the difference being some of the other places do a better job of damage control with the media than we do.

I believe Link could also enlighten many of us on the problems UGA went through recently with Dooley and the president etc. I know they had their share of turmoil over the past few years. Not picking on UGA here, just backing up what PT is saying, that we seem to get more than our share of bad pub when the same or similar stuff is going on all around us.

As we all know Auburn is a very unique place in many ways. But we are not unique when it comes to problems involving politicians, school officials, and BOTs. We get a lot of bad publicity in these areas. But as I have said many times, so do other schools without as much media coverage. A couple of current examples:

1. The President of LSU  has announced his resignation. It is reported on LSU TigerForum with a link but the link has expired (how convenient). There has been a long running fued between La. Gov. Blanco and some LSU officials. It now seems that Gov. Blanco pressured the Pres. to retire so she could appoint a lady who happens to be dating the Chairman of the BOTs.

2. The Hunsville Times reports today that a year long battle involving the bama BOTs has been resolved.  First I had heard about it. 

www.al.com (see Huntsville Times)

This is not intended to belittle our own dirty linen but to point out it happens at other places as well, the difference being some of the other places do a better job of damage control with the media than we do.

219323[/snapback]

is that Blanco's way of sayig thanks for all you did LSU for those affected by hurricane Katrina?? Maybe the LSU pres had the inside drop on her in how she and the NO mayor handled the response in days leading up to landfall?? things that make you go hhhhmmmmm

edit in : Unfortunately I think a lot of AUs dirty laundry got hung up in the front yard after the jetgate fiasco...thank Mr. Lowder

I believe Link could also enlighten many of us on the problems UGA went through recently with Dooley and the president etc.  I know they had their share of turmoil over the past few years.  Not picking on UGA here, just backing up what PT is saying, that we seem to get more than our share of bad pub when the same or similar stuff is going on all around us.

219328[/snapback]

Dooley's time was up.

Very few UGA fans agree with me since Dooley was a very successful football coach.

But his time was up and he had previously agreed to leave. I was happy to see him leave.

We needed someone new. Mind you, I dislike Damon Evans very much but whatever

The reason AU's troubles" are out there for all to see is simple. The uat media (which is basically every news outlet in the entire State) will do ANYTHING to make AU look "bad" and will do ANYTHING to make uat look "good." They will also do ANYTHING to help cover up anything that may pop up that would put uat in a bad light. Those are just the FACTS.

I think most of the reason we seem to think Auburn's problems are shown in a bigger light, is the fact that we live im or are very close to the University. We are exposed to much more of it.

It is reasonable that we wouldn't hear nearly as much about UGA's or LSU's problems.

I'm with Tim on this one...especially up here in Bamaham.

Every time something bad unearths about Auburn I am reminded of the lyrics from Dirty Laundry, "she can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye."

Describes the reporing genius of Rick Carle IMO.

The reason AU's troubles" are out there for all to see is simple. The uat media (which is basically every news outlet in the entire State) will do ANYTHING to make AU look "bad" and will do ANYTHING to make uat look "good." They will also do ANYTHING to help cover up anything that may pop up that would put uat in a bad light. Those are just the FACTS.

219383[/snapback]

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

:big::P;):poke:

219383[/snapback]

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

:big::P;):poke:

219410[/snapback]

Bo, as trivial as it sounds sometimes, I think there is some truth to the fact that the state media does in fact favor bama. Case in point......in the Huntsville Times last week, the story about the repot casting negative light on Auburn was top of the front page headline. Todays artricle about rif surrounding the bama BOTs was in Section B. It was also interesting that the bama beat write, Paul Gattis, had an article about Keys breaking his leg but didn't give any details or even say the fight was with teammate Ali Sharriefs , even though the story was widespread before it even made the paper.

Paranoia is when bama has a 10-1 season and fires the coach because the one loss was to Auburn :big:

Archived