This Is Reality Folks

Proud Tiger

A Pakistani Muslim cleric has offered awards of $1,000,000 for anyone who kills the cartoonists who drew the recent controversal cartoons. This is the true reality of the Muslim world, not just the extremists. Folks these people want to destroy us and this is clear evidence of the extremes they will go to get their way or get rid of anyone who crosses them. A lot of people need to wake up or their kids and grandkids will be speaking a different language, if they are lucky enough to be able to speak. I really believe this with all my heart. I studied this religion several year ago and started telling people then to be aware. A lot of my friends said then that I was over reacting. They now are telling me I was right.

www.yahoo.com

I remember when the fatwa was issued on Salman Rushdie, some Muslim clerics made the point that Rushdie had been a Muslim, and therefore his was a case of apostasy with Islam for which the Koran demanded death. Non-Muslims who had never accepted the Koran could not be held to the same rigorous standards, they said at the time, but they had every right to carry out the commands of their religion with those who had voluntarily accepted that religion.

Of course, from my background of Western democratic thought that includes freedoms of religion & speech, I totally disagree with a death sentence for any act of mere self-expression. And of course I condemned the fatwa on Rushdie. But at least philosophically I could somewhat see the point that Rushdie had voluntarily agreed to accept the rules of the Koran earlier in his life.

These latest death threats, however, take things even further in targetting non-Muslims. Obviously, they are horrendous and should outrage everyone on the planet, including intelligent Muslims.

I

These latest death threats, however, take things even further in targetting non-Muslims.  Obviously, they are horrendous and should outrage everyone on the planet, including intelligent Muslims.

220527[/snapback]

But note that it doesn't. And IMHO most of those who claim it does bother them are lying deep down. It's kind of like some of us when we are around bama fans who are family or good friends. We say "oh we don't really hate bama, it's just a big rivalry." Yeah right!!!!!!!

Archived