AJC Article

Caveman

This is a pretty intresting read on KI with some insight into his departure from :usc: and a little early heisman talk. LINK

I wonder if there will be any knod of heisman campaign.

"Right now, he's the No. 1 back in the south," ESPN analyst Lee Corso said. "I'd say he's top five right now for the Heisman. Anyone who leads the SEC and runs for 5 yards a carry is going to be right there."
...but..but..but I thought Ken Darby...? (Sorry, guess I've been around to many Bamas lately. :D )

Guest Tigrinum Major

Nice article. Further proof that Lou Holtz is a blithering old man.

Best of luck to both the Irons brothers this fall and in the future.

I found it interesting that John David Booty is a Heisman candidate.

best thing fo kenny is that he goes in this season knowing he's the #1 man. If he can be as consistent as he was last year, for the entire season, he could put up 1600-1800 yards. With those numbers in the SEC he would be very hard to overlook for heisman consideration..

Great article about Kenny...I didnt know that all that happened to him at SC

The other day on campus Kenny was standing beside the tiger transit stop beside the Haley Center, introducing himself and shaking hands with everybody that walked by, but of course everybody knew who he was, so it was halarious and he was making everybody laugh. He really is a great guy...maybe cocky sometimes...but i think he has every right to be.

I like how the caption for the picture names David as his father.

222108[/snapback]

Good find. :lol:

Isn't it ironic that after all of that, SC ends up kicking Summers off the team.

best thing fo kenny is that he goes in this season knowing he's the #1 man. If he can be as consistent as he was last year, for the entire season, he could put up 1600-1800 yards.  With those numbers in the SEC he would be very hard to overlook for heisman consideration..

222151[/snapback]

Woah! 1600-1800 yards. I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree there. That's a whole lotta yards especially when we have other running backs who will get carries (especially with Lester back). It would be hard for someone to get enough carries and stay healthy enough to reach that plateau. Not saying its impossible, especially with the extra game, but I'd be happy with 1400 yards. If he gets 1500 he should go to NY, period.

best thing fo kenny is that he goes in this season knowing he's the #1 man. If he can be as consistent as he was last year, for the entire season, he could put up 1600-1800 yards.  With those numbers in the SEC he would be very hard to overlook for heisman consideration..

222151[/snapback]

Woah! 1600-1800 yards. I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree there. That's a whole lotta yards especially when we have other running backs who will get carries (especially with Lester back). It would be hard for someone to get enough carries and stay healthy enough to reach that plateau. Not saying its impossible, especially with the extra game, but I'd be happy with 1400 yards. If he gets 1500 he should go to NY, period.

222174[/snapback]

well, you can certainly disagree... I was basing this on the fact that 4 games last year Kenny got less than 15 carries, and still was at 1300 yards. Being the clear NO. 1 back should ensure him more than 15 carries in every game, unless we just explode on a few teams, like say, Buffalo. or like he did against ball state last year. see below.

RUSHING RECEIVING

Date Opponent No. Yds TD Lg No. Yds TD Lg

Sept.3, 2005 GEORGIA TECH........... 1 6 0 6 0 0 0 0

Sept 10,2005 MISSISSIPPI STATE...... 13 28 0 7 1 23 0 23

Sept 17,2005 BALL STATE............. 11 147 2 68 0 0 0 0

Oct. 1, 2005 SOUTH CAROLINA......... 11 27 2 13 4 40 0 14

Best quote from that article (about Tuberville):

"This guy's had Ronnie Brown, 'Cadillac' Williams and he's still staying in touch with my dad, asking him how I was doing, even after I was at South Carolina. I knew from that that he really cared and could be trusted."

Tuberville gave Irons a hug when he got there, David Sr. said.

You cant beat the character that coach Tuberville displays.

Guest Tigrinum Major
he could put up 1600-1800 yards. 

222151[/snapback]

but I'd be happy with 1400 yards.

222174[/snapback]

I was basing this on the fact that 4 games last year Kenny got less than 15 carries, and still was at 1300 yards.

222176[/snapback]

Lest we all forget, he will also have an extra game to put up numbers against a less than formidable opponent.

222151[/snapback]

222174[/snapback]

well, you can certainly disagree... I was basing this on the fact that 4 games last year Kenny got less than 15 carries, and still was at 1300 yards. Being the clear NO. 1 back should ensure him more than 15 carries in every game, unless we just explode on a few teams, like say, Buffalo. or like he did against ball state last year. see below.

RUSHING RECEIVING

Date Opponent No. Yds TD Lg No. Yds TD Lg

Sept.3, 2005 GEORGIA TECH........... 1 6 0 6 0 0 0 0

Sept 10,2005 MISSISSIPPI STATE...... 13 28 0 7 1 23 0 23

Sept 17,2005 BALL STATE............. 11 147 2 68 0 0 0 0

Oct. 1, 2005 SOUTH CAROLINA......... 11 27 2 13 4 40 0 14

222176[/snapback]

Like I said, not impossible, but I just don't feel it is likely with Lester behind him. When we play the cupcakes, Kenny probably will get his 100 or so then sit for the rest of the game. If I'm wrong, feel free to rub it in my face. I'll console myself with the fact the KI got 1600 1800 yards. :big:

Now wait a minute....Most of you are forgetting the cream puffs we have next year like Buffalo and UAT.....He could do it playing against competition like that.

Now wait a minute....Most of you are forgetting the cream puffs we have next year like Buffalo and UAT.....He could do it playing against competition like that.

222294[/snapback]

IF he plays a full game against them. I'd rather rest him for bigger foes than risk injuries just for Heisman numbers

I would rather see an offense aka a combo of the 2004 and 2005 teams. A prolific passing game, with a dual threat running attack (Irons and Lester). Not that another Heisman Trophy wouldn't be nice, but I really want a shot to play for the NC.

Irons has no shot at getting any type of awards cause we all know where the best running back in the SEC is, that's right Ken Darby over in T-Town. According to some of the bama boards, he is the best running back ever at Alabama! And if Darby doesn't win any awards you can't forget that stable of rb's down in Baton Rouge, I mean Justin Vincet has to get out of the dog house sometime.

Note: For people who have low functioning brains ie. LSUSCOTT, the above post is loaded with sarcasm.

This is a pretty intresting read on KI with some insight into his departure from  :usc: and a little early heisman talk.  LINK

I wonder if there will be any knod of heisman campaign.

222040[/snapback]

I have changed my mind and have decided I really like Lou Holtz. I'm just glad he has never coached at Auburn!

222148[/snapback]

I believe I called that one sometime back. What is really surprising is that whomever the USC running back will be this year wasn't on the list.

222148[/snapback]

I believe I called that one sometime back. What is really surprising is that whomever the USC running back will be this year wasn't on the list.

222655[/snapback]

There's a hype machine for you. This guy hasn't set foot on the field and he's a Heisman candidate.

Archived